Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:55 AM   #1
Jonota

the supra:

just so you know, that link to the supra is good, but the supra's dyno chart is bull. tq= hp at 5252 rpm, his lines aren't anywhere near each other, therefore.. bogus chart

Old 09-25-2003, 11:52 AM   #2
Duckydos

Referring to original thread...
I don't see how you could tell that's bogus. Why should the HP and torque be the same at that RPM? Looks to be about 505hp and 395lb/tq at 5250rpm.

-Ducky
Old 09-25-2003, 11:53 AM   #3
Jonota

it's a rule of physics... mathematics. hp is a function of torque. Hp= (rpm x torque)/ 5252

Old 09-25-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
Jonota

therefore, on all REAL dyno graphs, the hp and torque curves will cross at 5252 rpm. any dyno graph that does NOT do this, is obviously made up.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:12 PM   #5
ford50forlife
4th Gear

did you get a calculator to come and prove me wrong? i feel stunned lol, bro i know pruven performance.... ive been there lol, i know brian... i know his car, the web site is a "performance shop" dynoing, (GET THIS!), HIS CAR! he has video tapes of him pulling the numbers, so i could care less what you have to say about it, ive witnessed his car first hand, and as soon as the firewalls up so will you..

you honestly have nothing better to do? bro i doubt i made this story up, and i highly doubt someone made an entire website (COMPLETE WITH THE F*CKING TELEPHONE NUMBER) to humor the members of this board...

dont b*tch to me, b*tch to... (203) 874-0393 and post what the tuners say about you and your f*cking little calculator, b*tch

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 09-25-2003, 06:18 PM   #6
AJ1978TA

For some reason, not all dyno charts equal out at this point like they are supposed to, but it doesn't mean it's fake...........Just search for ones on the web.......I have seen a camaro where HP=TQ at 5252 rpm, but an integra that had them almost parallel at 5252. The equation doesn't always work 100% in these cases, take a look at other charts, and see for yourself......

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/media.html

Go to the cars and click on them on the right............Charts are like that sometimes.................

Old 09-25-2003, 07:32 PM   #7
sohc_vtec 2NR

i agree with jonota about the tq and hp should read the same at 5252 rpm, i read it in my friends magazine (hot rod based) but not all dyno are equal

...but i'm in no way sayin that the power of that supra is bogus...not all dyno work the same (some of them have the x-axis that reads mph instead of rpm) so i wouldn't really say its bogus
Old 09-26-2003, 12:19 AM   #8
Jonota

That's all very nice and well.. and sure.. a dyno can be off.. and lets say they don't have to cross "exactly" at 5252.. they do have to very near there... it is mathematics... if you can't handle it... well... sorry to bring reality to you.

note I didn't say your friends supra was bogus... I asked why his dyno chart was. If you would like me to put up examples of REAL dyno charts.. I will be happy to. You will see that they all cross (hp and tq) at 5252 rpm.

truly, at times, I don't have anything better to do. I cruise around looking at things on the internet.. and when I see b.s. I call it.

and btw.. I don't need a calculator.. your friends bs chart said it loud and clear.

Old 09-26-2003, 10:35 AM   #9
Matrix

Hey nice discusssion, but no kill....?

Closed Thread