::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
Mirkwo0dForest

LS Turbo

ok i'm going to Turbo my LS and i'm not buying a Greddy Kit...
so here's wut i'm going to need so far..
i need u guys to read this over and tell me wut else i need...

t3/t4 turbo (if you know of a better one please tell me, i wanna run from 6-16 psi using boost controller)
exhaust manifold
downpipe
new fuel injectors
blowoff valve

someone also said something about an oil pump or sumthing...?
fill me in

i also know i'm going to need some vacuum hosing but i really hav no clue how to hook all this up or where anything goes so if anyone has the time to write it all out, i would much appreciate it.

plus i know i could post this on the Turbo forum but no1 is ever there! i am talking Teg here though so it's cool.

anyway thanx in advance for your help!
Old 10-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

I'm always at the turbo forum dude... he he he. Anyway, You need a lot more stuff. Some are not necessary but will ultimately help you out to have a better set-up. This is my recommendation on an LS-turbo:
-T3T04e trim (make sure to use an E trim)
-equal length exhaust manifold
-Tial 38mm or 40mm external wastegate (unless internal wastegate is already included)
-BOV of any type
-Intercooler (front or side mount)
-Piping (use at least 2.25 or 2.5 diameter)
-Hose connectors
-vacuum hoses
-oil feed line, oil return line, oil pan fitting, oil supply fitting ( http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...;threadid=5678 )
-Hose clamps
-......and last and most important- Fuel management device.

Fuel management is what's going to save your motor. Management units ranges from simple to complex tuning devices. The simpliest one of all is the FMU (Fuel Management Unit) which is fully mechanical. Read this: http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...hreadid=17064. The most complex of which is a stand alone system such as an AEM EMS, Accel DFI, SDS, Haltech, Apex PowerFC. In between, you have the Hondata system: www.hondata.com.

I also recommend these miscellaneous devices that will surely help u out and be able to monitor your set-up
-boost gauge= to allow if your turbo is properly boosting
-oil pressure gauge= to ensure that your turbo is getting oil
-EGT gauge= to ensure your turbo is burning enough fuel
-A/F ratio= which is only a reliable device on WOT
-Turbo Timer= To allow turbo cooldown/coast down.
-Colder spark plugs (NGK 7 series)
Quote:
someone also said something about an oil pump or sumthing...? fill me in
I think it refers to the oil line. The oil line is really simple. Read this procedure I wrote to install the GReddy kit. This procedure applies to about any turbo project for sure not just kits. Trust me. http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=105

You have a great platform to turbo due to the B18B's low compression characteristic. Boost 8 psi to start off. Anything above that, I recommend bigger injectors and a 255LPH fuel pump to be safe.

Review my website: www.thermal99.com to understand most of the basic set-up about turboed Honda/Acura. A great place to learn is www.homemadeturbo.com. Email or AIM me if you have any other questions cuz there's really more to it than what I'm telling you. I havent even included the high flow exhaust system yet......

Make sure that you prepare yourself for hours and hours of research. Take your time to learn. Understand the basic of how each turbo components work. You will see a lot of different opinions that will guarantee to confuse you. In the end, it's your car and you are the end user. The decision is yours..... GOODLUCK!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote