.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2002, 08:45 AM   #1
DsBlu01CivEX

since when???

Ok...so lately I've been wondering something...why is it that people automatically assume that because they find someone attractive/hot/whatever word you wanna use, they have to either have a significant other????

It works both ways too....Last night Erin and I were at the mall and we spot a really hot guy...dresses nice, cute smile, nice eyes...and Erin is like "He's hot...he has a girlfriend or he's gay".

Then like 2 weeks ago at the club we always go to, I'm standing at the bar and the one guy we know is standing next to me. And granted we don't know him all that well...but we know who each other are and our names. And he's like "So, both you girls are single?" I answer yes (cuz well we are) and He says "I don't understand that." I ask why...and his only answer was "Cuz you girls are so hot".

Now why do we, as humans, do this? I can't explain it. I typically try to assume they're single cuz that might give me a better chance....nor do I want to be disappointed knowing that they're already in a relationship. Why do we base it on looks. We don't walk around seein some "average" lookin person showing off their awesome personality and assume they're in a relationship.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 08:55 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
nor do I want to be disappointed knowing that they're already in a relationship

I think thats what it is.. A protection mechanism ..

And about looks, well thats what you see first.. So you're first judgement of a person will usually be based on that..

I think people would walk around with their IQ/EQ numbers on their foreheads, then you'd base your judgement upon that aswell..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:33 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I think its just something natural.. Usually when you see someone that "hot" or whatever you automatically assume that they are "taken" because they are attractive.

This maybe a lot of the reason why attractive people are single, because people often automatically assume that you are taken and dont want to be shot down with "Sorry Im seeing someone"

Just my .02 cents anyway.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:50 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i like assuming everyones single till proven otherwise. it sounds better in my head

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:55 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
i like assuming everyones single till proven otherwise

you sound more like: you have the right to remain silent. everything you say can be used against you in a court of law. lol

EDIT: i forgot to put my answer in this: i assume that they are taken. now i can really go and talk to the hot chicks

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:12 PM   #6
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Re: since when???

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Ok...so lately I've been wondering something...why is it that people automatically assume that because they find someone attractive/hot/whatever word you wanna use, they have to either have a significant other????

I understand what you're saying D but in my experience, everytime I meet someone that I'm attracted to...they wind up being in a relationship or even married....

(that is except for you )

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:48 AM   #7
mt.biker

To be honest I think its the fact that we dont feel good enough for this "hot' guy or girl and so we tell ourself he/she is taken so we dont have to go talk to the guy. Its a lame reason if you ask me and for the most part i try to avoid thinking like that.

I can tell you though you can spot some girls who are dating from a mile away. They're the girls that dont mind staring back at you, where a single girl doesn't often have the confidence to do so. There are other things you can pick up on aswell but after hearing that alot of "hot" or "sexy" girls never get dates because they are hot or sexy and poeople think they're seeing someone I just find out for myself.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:36 AM   #8
cutiepy701

Its just a big sterotype....people have been doing this for years. Just like they say its hard to be ugly, cause pretty people get everything. I don't think people will ever get over this. But it is a proven fact. My friend did it for a sociology experiment. Took a very very attractive person and then a butt ugly person. Went on job interviews, resturants, you name it. The attractiver person always got better service, better treatment, and the job.
Its a sad sad world, but we have to face the facts. I guess.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #9
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

I can tell you though you can spot some girls who are dating from a mile away. They're the girls that dont mind staring back at you, where a single girl doesn't often have the confidence to do so.

Damn no wonder guys always assume I'm taken...I always stare back...as long as I think they're attractive too.

It just makes no sense to me...I guess cuz I don't do it.

Old 11-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #10
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Re: Re: since when???

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
I understand what you're saying D but in my experience, everytime I meet someone that I'm attracted to...they wind up being in a relationship or even married....

Unfortunately I have that problem too! It's such a let down.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:10 PM   #11
DsBlu01CivEX

the guys that I know would be good bfs are all single for the most part...but do you think I want to be with any of them..nope...I like them being my really good friends. And then the guys I think I want to be with, I don't really talk to...and if I do, I don't persue anything cuz I have it in my mind that guys should be the ones doing that. I'm

Old 11-26-2002, 07:09 PM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I'm

admitting it is half the battle

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote