.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2001, 12:36 PM   #1
94SiSQO

plz help - turbo muffler on N/A (future plans for FI)

hey guys i'm really sorry to keep bothering ya'll with this... i got the apexi N1 universal muffler (for N/A with 90mm and small ass canister). first impression when i saw it installed is that it looked too small. now i look everyday and now i wish i got the turbo version (the muffler that comes with the full catback) at least... or the whole catback instead but too late now.

i'm thinkin of takin it back , changing it for the turbo one (115mm tip and bigger canister), but one problem, it comes with an 80mm inlet.

would this cause any problems being welded onto my existing custom 2.25" catback piping?

what would be the affect on sound?

thanks guys
Old 09-15-2001, 02:01 PM   #2
VN-Tec

Are u saying its bigger than stock piping? This wont cause a problem at all unless its Humongo Like 3" But if not it should give u more performance.. But a word of advice the N1 Is hellla loud.. Expecially the Cat Back one which is louder
Old 09-15-2001, 02:03 PM   #3
94SiSQO

Quote:
Originally posted by VN-Tec
Are u saying its bigger than stock piping? This wont cause a problem at all unless its Humongo Like 3" But if not it should give u more performance.. But a word of advice the N1 Is hellla loud.. Expecially the Cat Back one which is louder

hehe what i'msayin is that at the moment i have custom catback piping 2.25" with the N1 muffler (NA). but i want to change it to the turbo one, but the inlet is actually around 3" and i was wondering if that would cause me any probs as in decreased performance or an ugly sound

thanks
Old 09-16-2001, 01:38 PM   #4
VN-Tec

All of the above.. Hehhee... See youll need that back pressure.. Unless you have a hell of alot of of Mods To put pressure back into that 3 inch piping
Old 09-17-2001, 04:58 AM   #5
94SiSQO

Quote:
Originally posted by VN-Tec
All of the above.. Hehhee... See youll need that back pressure.. Unless you have a hell of alot of of Mods To put pressure back into that 3 inch piping

even if i weld the 2.25" piping to the muffler's 3" inlet would i lose backpressure? i thought it wouldnt make too much difference? cuz i think thats the same muffler that comes with the full catback for my car.