::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2001, 07:03 AM   #1
94SiSQO

apexi n1 catback question

hey all i'm really really sorry to keep bringing this up, but i think i may have found my problem... maybe not.

could you tell me:
* what the size of your tip is on your apexi n1 catback for NA car - is it 90mm (~3.5") or 115mm (~4.5")? (and let me know what car u drive too) and how about the canister roughly?

i'm basically trying to find out which muffler canister came with your full system.

THANKS!
Old 09-10-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
Big James

The N1 should come with a 90mm tip.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:21 AM   #3
94SiSQO

thanks james.
do you know that one for surE? i've had some ppl tell me it's 115mm.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:45 PM   #4
Big James

I have the 115mm tip on my Dunk, and I can say that my five friends who have the N1 have a smaller tip.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:38 AM   #5
94SiSQO

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James
I have the 115mm tip on my Dunk, and I can say that my five friends who have the N1 have a smaller tip.

ohh i c, what cars do they have and did they buy the whole catback system?
and do they have the logo on the sides of their tips?

i think the ones from japan might be smaller and no logo... whereas the ones made in america have the logo and bigger tip.

thanks james
Old 09-12-2001, 02:43 PM   #6
Big James

They are on Civic Si's. I am not sure about the logo on the tip though. I will check.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:57 AM   #7
94SiSQO

thanks james
appreciate it

do u have any friend's with preludes with the system?
Old 09-14-2001, 05:45 PM   #8
pReLuDe-gUrL

Hi,
i have a 99 prelude and the N1. It's a 115mm tip. (pic below) About the logo, mine is posted on the very bottom of the canister and its a welded on tag that has the # on it.

Here is what is posted about ALL N1 applications on www.apexi-usa.com

N-1 SERIES MUFFLER
Minimal number of bends for maximum efficiency
High-end power
In the N-1 Endurance Race, efficiency is everything. With that in mind, the N-1 exhaust systems were born to satisfy the want for quick throttle response and to effectively handle the rigorous demands of high-horsepower engines. The pipes were engineered with the aid of sophisticated CAD systems to develop the straightest possible lines and least number of bends. The straight-through canister projects from the car at an angle, which helps smooth the exhaust flow. The canister is built from SUS 304 stainless steel and features a 115mm tip with aggressive style. The Super Silencer is included on selected models, which can reduce noise levels by up to 7 decibels. The N-1 Series Mufflers are available for both NA (naturally aspirated) and turbo-charged cars.
Old 09-14-2001, 08:39 PM   #9
94SiSQO

thanks heaps ludegirl
it's just that i've been hearing all sorts of different sizes for the tip.. but it sounds like that u get the "turbo"sized canister.
in japan, they actually come with the 90mm version and a lil sized canister.. but logo not printed, or printed on both sides of the tip. thats where my logos are. it looks way too small.. and thats the one i go cuz i bought universal (mistake).

can u tell me how big the resonator that came with it was?
and how your system sounds like? low rpms, mid rpms, high rpms.

THANKS!!
Old 09-16-2001, 11:16 PM   #10
pReLuDe-gUrL

hi!
i have NO clue what size the resonator is! But when in doubt, call the 800 # from the apexi web site BuG the tech guys hehe.
As far as sound, it really depends on how your driving! I can easily pull off stealth mode if there is a cop close bye... but if i have my foot on the gas it's quite loud! It has a deep powerful tone, very clean. It's not too loud when im cruising on the fwy, but it is louder than say the greddy evo or power extreme. Hope that helped a lil... its really something you gotta hear for yourself
Old 09-17-2001, 04:56 AM   #11
94SiSQO

thanks pReLuDe-gUrL!
haha is that a free call no? i'm in australia, think it would be still free? whats the country code for america? haha
gotta try to pull off an american accent

i'm gonna go back and change my N1 N/A muffler (90 mm tip and small ass canister) for a turbo one (the size that comes with yours). I was told that u cant use the turbo version on N/A piping (2.25"), but u actually can, as i've recently been informed by many of it being done. and I plan for turbo in the future anyway. thanks for ya help!