Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2002, 09:38 AM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

INterior idea;s

Hey there, I have seriously been thinking about doing the interior and I have some spray dye/paint coming in. This will hopefully be the out-come of it. I am going to try to stay with the white and blue scheme. If anybody has other pics or ideas could you please post them here. Thank you very much

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 09:45 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what color is your interior ? is it black ? keep it black and paint only the bezels and some plastic pieces white. that's what i did on my car and people stop and take a look at my car for a few seconds, then are moving on. where did u get the paint from ? stay away from too much white. it tends to get dirty too much

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

you have any pics?
See I also like azn_nite_rider's interior

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 07-13-2002, 02:08 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

no, i don't have any pictures. i'm waiting for a digicam

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 05:26 AM   #5
civicchik93

heres my interior its just the plastic pieces done...oh and i did the plastic piece that went around my gauges, it sets of the white gauges more......also did the cups that you pull to close the door....plan on doing a few other things....
Old 07-15-2002, 10:17 AM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

That still looks pretty good I gotta say.

Old 07-15-2002, 01:17 PM   #7
azn_nite_ryder

hey civchik.... its looking real good.... what colour is your car??? you should the rest all in blue that you have... its a real nice blue...

derek.. what colour was your car again?? y didnt you want white?? it makes the car looks soo much cleaner...
but yes it does need manitenance to keep it clean... nothing crazy tho...
Old 07-15-2002, 11:22 PM   #8
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I still want to do white....Just kind of confused...my car is black....but I want it a darker blue by next summer...along with a B18c1...ahem...anyway....white..I dunno...I think I will go white...just don't really know how to do it exactly, and I don't really want to **** any thing up in the process. I think yours is amazing tho azn_nite_ryder...

Old 07-16-2002, 01:02 AM   #9
civicchik93

Quote:
Originally posted by azn_nite_ryder
hey civchik.... its looking real good.... what colour is your car??? you should the rest all in blue that you have... its a real nice blue...

derek.. what colour was your car again?? y didnt you want white?? it makes the car looks soo much cleaner...
but yes it does need manitenance to keep it clean... nothing crazy tho...

Thanks , it was just something i did one weekend for about $15. My car is like a dark blue, its the stock color i guess. i want to do the rest in someting and get away from the gray interior...but i have neither the money or the time, so oh well. Oh yea, i wouldnt mind mine lookin like azn_nite_rider's(?) either. Its awesome....where can u get the vinyl dye again? people have asked but i never got an answer...
Old 07-17-2002, 01:46 AM   #10
azn_nite_ryder

well this is how i looked at it.... im pretty comfy working on new stuff.. so i took my time and played it by ear... but i went in thinking if i mess this up i can get it professinally done.. so basically there was nothing i could lose.. and if it worked (which it did thankfully) then i'd be saving myself a lot of money that and the satisfaction of doing your own work... judges like it when you do your own stuff... gives you better points....
i'll take more clearer pics of my car with eerything all done (body work and interior and stereo.. im just finishing it up for a show this weekend... so i'll post some more pics....

as for civchik... you can get vinyl dye where ever.. up here in canada its availat any automotive store.... or you can get some at a car paint store... they deal with that stuff too... maybe pep boys?!? i dunno.. i havent been to one... but im sure someone will know where you can get that stuff there... you can either get in in tubs or cans.... i got the caned version.... works great dn dries real fast....

dont worry about messing it up.. just take your time and dont rush thru it.... even if it takes you a week ( it wont tho) just be patient and you'll be rewarded...
Old 07-17-2002, 01:51 AM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Thanks man...That's some great advice.
as for doing the interior...I have a dude helping me. He has done tonns of stuff like that. So it'll be good. I'll definately post some pics and send them your way when they be done.

Old 07-17-2002, 03:04 AM   #12
civicchik93

thanks azn_nite_ryder..... is there a specific brand thats good? Ive never even heard of the dye so i know nothing about it....BUT if i know what im lookin for, im sure i could find it. Oh yea, did you take your dash out to do it? And if you did...was it hard? Ok, im a 16 yr odl girl....i good about figuring things out, but would it be WAY too hard for me? Just need to know exactly what im getting myself inot before i take the plunge and actually do it...
Old 07-17-2002, 01:27 PM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Ah HA...I found it.

This is pretty much exactly how I want my interior of my car.
What do you think?

Yup Yup...those colors too...EXACTLY

Old 07-17-2002, 03:43 PM   #14
blind34_1

this is off the subj, but...
dereks civic, are you also xratedimport on hondaboard? That exact car is on there too. I thought I recognized it from somewhere.

but again, that is an awesome car!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 04:08 PM   #15
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
this is off the subj, but...
dereks civic, are you also xratedimport on hondaboard? That exact car is on there too. I thought I recognized it from somewhere.

but again, that is an awesome car!
Maybe the new pic in my sig will help you with who I am on hondaboard.....hahaha yes I am on there.. Just compare cars.

Old 07-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #16
azn_nite_ryder

civchik.... trust me it not that hard... the heardest thing on ther is to remove the airbag... its only held on by 2-3 screws... just remember tho to unplug your battery when you do it.... the dash is fairly simple to remove.... i have now done my car, and integra and an eqlipse now... i'll be taking pics of the work i;'ve been doing...... its not hard and im sure you'll be just fine... just remeber where all the screws go

derek.. yea man i like the interior a lot... i was gonna do those colours too.. but i chose my second colour as my custom paint colour instead... the interior is mint and you should go for it.... hope all turns out well....
Old 07-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Yeah hopefully thing will turn out..i'll let ya know and throw ya some pics.