::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2003, 11:06 PM   #1
IALuder

Suspension Info

i would like people to list their suspension set up and review the product. such as how does it handle? how smooth the ride is? how much it cost?

basically a full review of the product.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:11 AM   #2
Honda530

tokico
Shock(blues) and Spring Combo
1.5" drop
$365
----the drop is pretty nice and you can tell its lowered. Maybe not as low as some people want, but for those who like driving their car and dont want to be limited its good. It feels really nice and doesnt bounce a lot when you hit a bump. It feels nice around the corner, and for the price you cant beat it.

Strut bars (front rear and lower)
all of ebay
around 50 bucks for all 3
nice all together still have some flex but it seems to have made my steering a little tighter and the car seems to stay together more. Still lots of body roll but maybe thats cuz i dont have a rear anti sway bar.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I had some tokico illuminas...they lasted less than 6months and blew (then tokico wanted $200 for a rebuild.............)

I bought some koni yellows then...lifetime warranty and great damper adjust. Combined them with some H&R sport springs and I am very happy....sometimes I complain about how low I am..but thats because the roads in michigan are about as good as dirt mt roads

I spent a little under $800 for my current setup (because of sales at the store I got them at)

I got a spoon front strut bar and some ebay nothings for the rear as well. I currently exchanged the spoon for an oe Si bar and am just as happy (if not more becuase of the price difference). Im also working on an si rear sway bar too (gathering parts)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:27 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well my first setup:

KYB AGX with eibach prokits: not a bad setup way too stiff. it took my back out of alignament few times

Koni Yellows with Ground Control Coilovers: Nice ride even at 3" drop, almost no body roll, pricese cornering. can't beat lifetime warranty on konis and gc's

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 05:41 PM   #5
AzCivic

i have kyb agx's with progress 2 1/4" drop, springs: cheap and effective

i want to get koni yellows though and probably neuspeed or H&R springs.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

CIVIC:
-KYB AGX
-ground control coilover sleeves
-Skunk2 front camber kit
-custom rear camber kit (washer and longer bolt method)
Rides like stock. A little bouncy at times but very impressive than others that I've been on.

TEG:
-Skunk2 coilover sleeves
-Stock struts
-SPC adjustable ball joint camber kit
Camber is great but the Skunk2 is way too bouncy for my taste. Plan of upgrading mid next year to a Tein system (full system).

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 04:13 AM   #7
Honda_Tengoku

Eibach prokit 1.5" drop- Good springs just too soft for me

polyurethane bushings- absolutely fuc**** hate these things. Makes your car ride twice as rough, they are noisy, and dont use the ball joint dust covers cuz they have no spring groove so u cant use the spring clip to seal them against the elements. Never again will I use these on my car!

Koni Yellow adjustables- great shock, but for the money I would have rather gone with KYB AGX. My only complaint about these is that there is no set level to adjust them at. U just have to guess when spinning the dial.

My next setup will be either H&R coilovers, or TEIN's.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:08 AM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Si -
H&R OE Sport Springs
KONI Yellow Struts
DC Sports Rear lower tie bar
DC Sports Front Upper strut bar

Excellent handling. Probably one of the best combos. I've also had Eibach Sportlines. The H&R's are a little stiffer, but nothing major.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:21 AM   #9
nonovurbizniz

Energy Suspension Master kit...
Replaces ALL (well just about) your bushings in the susp... it's a MAJOR p.i.t.a. to do.... but it's well worth it....

I have stock ex susp. with 172+k miles on it and people regularly ask me what kind of suspension I have when they're in the car...

I've had a car with eibach prokit springs/kyb struts ST front and rear sway bars ...

The car with the susp. handled better but for a stock suspension this thing handles rediculous...

As far as the pro-kit and kyb's and sways in my old car...

I LOVE pro-kit springs... and they're probobly the ONLY springs I'd get short of a nasty set of coilovers... I've never been in a car with GC's so I don't know what they're like but I don't know that I'd take the risk of not liking them after having love the pro-kits soo much... Only complaint would be that the pro-kits do NOT lower your car enough to be asthetically pleasing... In the case of my old car it left it higher (1-2"s) in the front than the rear (it was the same way stock) which always bothered me...

The KYB's lasted over 100k miles with NO problems whatsoever.. NEVER blew a single on and I BEAT THE HELL out of that car... I mean to a degree I can't even fathom anymore... and I still beat the life out of my cars... I've heard LOTS of people say they blow and that they've blown them... but I can only speak for what I've experienced... and mine took a beating and kept on going for a LONG time.

The Suspension Techniques Sway bars ruled... my last car came stock with NO sway bars... front or rear... I put them on both at the same time... and it removed just about every last drop of body roll I had left in the car... it was VERY impressive... they were realatively light too... but nice and thick...
Old 12-21-2003, 11:14 AM   #10
AzCivic

oh yeah i need a rear sway bar too, one of these days.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah the rear sway bar and the energy suspension bushing kit made all the difference in the world. they're some of the best $200 (altoghther) i have ever spent on the car.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:55 PM   #12
bent_remy

Is that your car? If it is ya sh*t is hot. Just showing respect.

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda530
tokico
Shock(blues) and Spring Combo
1.5" drop
$365
----the drop is pretty nice and you can tell its lowered. Maybe not as low as some people want, but for those who like driving their car and dont want to be limited its good. It feels really nice and doesnt bounce a lot when you hit a bump. It feels nice around the corner, and for the price you cant beat it.

Strut bars (front rear and lower)
all of ebay
around 50 bucks for all 3
nice all together still have some flex but it seems to have made my steering a little tighter and the car seems to stay together more. Still lots of body roll but maybe thats cuz i dont have a rear anti sway bar.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:52 AM   #13
AkimboStylee

first setup i had was cheap knock off coil-overs from ebay, on stock susp., took them off aweek later due to the quite noticable uneven drop, wish i would have researched more and bought a decent kit and screw up my suspension like i did! golden rule: you get what you pay for (in most cases, some times free stuff is good!!!)
Old 12-30-2003, 10:59 PM   #14
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

*soon to own all you GC whores*

right now im sitting on 3 ground controls and a jack stand. Reason beingm, the previous owner of the car put some custom sleeves in and they rusted and went BOOM, probably due to added weight in the motor bay . So Stefan is hooking me up with some Tein SS that should be here by the end of the week, and hopefully ill be sexin' it up. I honestly didnt liek the GC anways.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:58 PM   #15
thermal
Banning Machine

F**k u! lol.... I want them dude.... trade for skunk2 and a bag of pennies? ...... lol

Let us know how it rides bro.....dayum! I wanted to be the first one to have a set of Teins here! He he he

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-31-2003, 01:11 AM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
F**k u! lol.... I want them dude.... trade for skunk2 and a bag of pennies? ...... lol

Let us know how it rides bro.....dayum! I wanted to be the first one to have a set of Teins here! He he he

there is actually someone else around here with a set of teins, so he is not the first one , but s'all good i can hook ya up too

Old 12-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #17
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Burninate

ill trade for skunk 2's and a bag of turbo parts
Old 12-31-2003, 11:27 AM   #18
Mischief(LTS)

hey, honda530, im jealous of your car man. its clean as hell and looks bmw classy. keep it up.

anyways, i dont have any real elaborate setup. but im dropped 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the back with Progress lowering springs. bumpy as hell. bad camber,especially in the back. the car is alot more responsive with turning though. recently i exchanged the rear 2.5 springs for 2.0 springs to raise it and decrease the camber problem somewhat. took a drive down trabuco to see how it was and it was great! still very bumpy, so i think im just going to blow my next paycheck on air ride. :P w00t hopefully that will be alittle more stable? does anyone in here have any air ride info?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:54 PM   #19
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

yeah dude, im all about mini trucks/bags, but on your car you wanna get a Cylinder kit or a Strut kit. Depends on your budget. Both very easy to install. DO NOT EVER Get a front/back kit. Theres only one valve for each side and when you turn, air transfers beftween each side causing the worst body roll EVER. Get a FBSS and definitely get some gauges. Also, dont go on the cheap. Youll regret it. Some places to look would be EAI/ The hack Shack if you want a GOOD kit. IF you would rather, you can try AIM cylinders. www.aimind.com sells them. Sylinders are easy, struts are easy, its all easy, as long as you dont get hydraulics. Youll also really want to go with 1/2" electric valves. Manual valves blow, bad. And get a big tank, or at least multiple small ones. You can paint them or whatnot, just stay over 6 gallons. Then youll want to get gauges for the interior so you can watch the tanks and each corner.

www.streetsourcemag.com is a great place to click around ,too.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:00 PM   #20
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

oh, and PDiggs i want that strut bar if youll give it to me for cheeeep. Talk to you on AIM about it. <3 spoon
Old 01-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #21
thermal
Banning Machine

I'm broke mang. The turbo teg project is kicking my ass

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-01-2004, 12:54 PM   #22
pdiggitydogg

spoon bar? what bar would that be

nah seriously...
sorry bro.........traded it off for my holy grail of honda euro goodness
RS CLOCK
(See my thread)

in all seriousness, the spoon bar was really nice and all (those who remember, it was a gift) but I recently swapped it out for a $15 oe si bar. For the price this bar kicks major booty...HIGHLY recommended
It is the same bar that is in the gsr, and both 5th and 6th gen si's
only honda bar that I would trade up for would be itr...but its really not THAT much better from what I could tell
so...hit up ebay and look for this bar.....Id buy again fo sho
Old 01-01-2004, 09:09 PM   #23
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

i have a stock clock but for some reason, i think the battery lead is disconnected and i suck at wiring. ITs always really dim and resetes when i turn off the car.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #24
pdiggitydogg

yeah crack that dash open and just run a new line from the batt lead to your stereo's batt lead
Old 01-02-2004, 02:51 PM   #25
JBrake

Koni adjustables all around, w/ skunk 2 coilovers. 300# front springs and 400# rears. Neuspeed 19mm rear sway bar, front upper, rear lower and rear upper braces. Handles awesome, still a slow 99 civic ex.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:55 PM   #26
seze1

Ground Control w/ KYB AGX's
Tucked front wheels, back about two inches lower than stock.
Ride is a little stiff but Ive got it on the stiffest setting so it doesn't rub all the time. Anyone ever cut that little lip off their fender wells? Thinkin' about taking a dremmel to those.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:51 PM   #27
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

i folded mine in.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:50 PM   #28
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Tein SS

Set on front:4, rear: 6. (0 is stiffest, 16 is softest)
Stock wheels
Neuspeed strut bar

Going to get a rear sway / new bushings soon.

I like this system a lot. It rides smooth on the softer setting and it really isn't that bad on stiffer settings, probably because I have a lot of rubber to cushion it. The handling is great, stiffens up nicely in the corners. I'd highly recommend this system.

Thanks to Stefan for hooking me up with a great deal

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #29
seze1

How did you fold them in? My tires rub on those sometimes.(all the time)
Old 10-05-2004, 12:46 AM   #30
Brit6
Parked

How do you like the TEIN SS, i have the TEIN Basic on my 95 civic coupe and i find the ride waaay to stiff, i think the basics are set @ 8/8, so that should be softer than your setting.

I find when i take any pothole, sewer vent it hurts to ride in the car.....

I thought i was going to go expensive on my setup this time, and i think that i should have went with the GC/Koni setup....

Let me know if you have any suggestions

Thnx
Nick

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Tein SS

Set on front:4, rear: 6. (0 is stiffest, 16 is softest)
Stock wheels
Neuspeed strut bar

Going to get a rear sway / new bushings soon.

I like this system a lot. It rides smooth on the softer setting and it really isn't that bad on stiffer settings, probably because I have a lot of rubber to cushion it. The handling is great, stiffens up nicely in the corners. I'd highly recommend this system.

Thanks to Stefan for hooking me up with a great deal
Brit6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:36 AM   #31
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Brit6
How do you like the TEIN SS, i have the TEIN Basic on my 95 civic coupe and i find the ride waaay to stiff, i think the basics are set @ 8/8, so that should be softer than your setting.

I find when i take any pothole, sewer vent it hurts to ride in the car.....

I thought i was going to go expensive on my setup this time, and i think that i should have went with the GC/Koni setup....

Let me know if you have any suggestions

Thnx
Nick

umm reallu i don't like the teins at all. the accord handled a lot better with the koni/gc setup. i could have spent the extra $20 on koni/gc setup. i am kicking my balls for not doing that

Old 10-06-2004, 05:48 AM   #32
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
CIVIC:
-KYB AGX
-ground control coilover sleeves
-Skunk2 front camber kit
-custom rear camber kit (washer and longer bolt method)
Rides like stock. A little bouncy at times but very impressive than others that I've been on.

TEG:
-Skunk2 coilover sleeves
-Stock struts
-SPC adjustable ball joint camber kit
Camber is great but the Skunk2 is way too bouncy for my taste. Plan of upgrading mid next year to a Tein system (full system).

it's gay to quote myself but since this thread has been brought back to life..... I'm now using an OMNI-PowerUSA full system on my Teg assisted by OMNI-PowerUSA camber kit....
......One of the best mod I'm glad to have done.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 10-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #33
IALuder

man this came back from the dead. good thread tho.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote