Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #1
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

pricing on springs

ok, Im getting springs first then shocks.. I need to know if $130 for h&r sport springs is a good price. The guy said he can get eibach for 150 so should I go with the eibach for $20 more? Can anyone also post how much they paid for their springs (especially the H&Rs. THanks
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
AzCivic

from personal experience- just wait and save for the shocks so you can do it all at the same time. also make sure you get Koni's, they cost more for a reason.

or you can do it the cheap ghetto way and have more headaches.

as for what brand of springs to get, both of them are supposed to be decent brands so just get the ones that have the drop you want.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 AM   #3
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

ok. I bought springs, now Im going to buy shocks from ebay. I was going to get the yellows because theyre adjustable, but I can get the tockicos for 225 less. You think thats worth it? as for kyb, I dont think th ey have one for my ride. THe tockico one is better than stocks, but will it be a good combo?
Old 10-14-2004, 04:31 AM   #4
AzCivic

tockikos are pretty good, if the drop isnt too much they might be a-ok, but you CANNOT go wrong w/ koni's.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:28 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

all i have seen from tokico are the hp series aka the blues which i don't trust too much.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:53 PM   #6
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

yeah im getting the hp series blues. I heard good things about them and pdigs said he had problem with the illuminas. good thing they dont make the illuminas for my vehicle. Im getting the hp series for 240 tomorrow. thats a real good price i cant deny. the drop is going to be h &r sport springs that give a 1.3" drop. I wanted 1.5 max because streets in la are screwed!!!! Im going to get the shocks before springs cause im buying the shocks in-store tomorrow and for the springs, they are being shipped from canada. So either way I cant do it unless i want to do my own labor and waste time putting shocks in then putting springs in later on when i do get it.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:58 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

blues are desinged as stock replacements - not a performance shock by any means.
I just dont like tokico in general...

you shouldve went with kyb agx's if you wanted adjustability and a good shock that isnt too much money
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #8
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

it says its better than stock by up to 25 % or something. then the prokit is like 40 then the highest kit is up to 50%. i remembet reading that somewhere. either way i gott get the shocks replaced because stock shocks were fucked again. everyone who has a 7th gen civic knows that their car bounces too much
Old 10-14-2004, 06:40 PM   #9
AzCivic

25% of what is better?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg

"up to 25%" eh...so they could be 0% too.
Dont ever trust that, unless it states how its better. Better valving? Better longevity? Better damping? Better rebound? What?
If they cant tell you...dont buy it.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I had tokico blue's on my del sol for 2 years.
Never had a problem. But the warrenty goes to shit if you lower it more then 1" i think. My next purchase is Koni yellows if i don't go with my Tien's.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #12
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

either way, Im most likely going to get the tokicos because I know they will be better than my blown out stock shocks with my h&r springs. They are only 60$ a peice. I would also get the koni yellows but the price was 125 a peice. More than twice as much for adjustables. I dont really need adjustables. Im on the tokico side because they are cheaper and I dont really need high quality stuff as long as their ok, its fine with me. Tokico also has lifetime waranty on their shocks. Ill let you guys know how the ride changes when I put on my new suspension (springs/shocks).
Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 PM   #13
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
from tokico's website
1. TOKICO Limited Warranty. TOKICO (USA) Inc. warrants its performance suspension products to the original retail purchaser against defects in material and workmanship and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed, except for electronic components, which are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase.

2. Exclusions from Warranty Coverage. The warranty does not apply outside of the United States and Canada or to any units which (1) have been improperly installed or installed on vehicles for which they were not designed, (2) have been modified, altered or subjected to misuse, negligence or accident on the vehicle on which installed, (3) are operated commercially, off-the-highway or for racing or (4) installed on excessively lowered vehicles.

I guarantee that whatever drop you have, it will be concidered "excessive" by them.
Good luck...hope the ride isnt shitty and that they last for you.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
I guarantee that whatever drop you have, it will be concidered "excessive" by them.
Good luck...hope the ride isnt shitty and that they last for you.

Ti's true. I can maybe try finding my warrenty card..ahhh fuck it, it's in the fucking garbage. Anyway as far as i know, i think anything over 1" is considered excessive

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 10-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Get KONI Yellows.

Simple as that. Tokicos are "ok" shocks. You will get a much better ride from the KONIs.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:47 PM   #16
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

I dont need the adjustable ones.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:38 AM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
I dont need the adjustable ones.

Get the tokico's..when you lower your vehicle and your struts blow...don't complain.

When P'diggs says
Quote:
blues are desinged as stock replacements - not a performance shock by any means.

It's true. I owned them for 2 years. But my vehicle wastn' lowered that much. They will blow. ANd you'll be fucked for warrenty!

Old 10-20-2004, 01:56 AM   #18
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

man our cars are different, so they wont be the same.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:37 AM   #19
AzCivic

ahahahahahaha, yeah your civic is special.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:00 AM   #20
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
man our cars are different, so they wont be the same.

yeah, they are so different that the chassis is the same, the same part #'s for struts, for springs and exhaust. wow they are really different

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:45 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
ahahahahahaha, yeah your civic is special.

I thought that was funny

The reason struts are adjustable is to adapt to different spring rates. You can buy a strut and spring combo (say mugen or h&r cup) that are designed to be used together, and therefor the struts are NOT damper adjustable (mostly).
Yellows, AGX's, etc are adjustable not only for comfort and track applications, but as a means of being universal for most any spring rate. Its one of those "in-case-shit" things. "Shock insurance". Its also why good shocks that have that "insurance" cost more money.

You come here thinking you know everything and anything. If thats the case why ask questions? Do you think we just pull this stuff out of our asses or what?
If we say "those are stock replacement shocks" it means they are! If we say "they'll blow if you do that" it means they probably will.
Think about it man...its like going to the Dr because you dont feel good, and when they say "take this medication" or "stop doing ___" you dont tell him "No, youre wrong...this is what I'll do, and you cant tell me that Im wrong...even though I have no idea what Im talking about!"

If you dont want to listen to what we have to say, dont ask the questions.

Damn...seems that Ive said this before!
Old 10-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #22
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

I didnt come here thinking i know everything. You just assumed I did.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #23
pdiggitydogg

Sure seems you think that way....