.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

html help

i know html very good, and can write it by hand, but i use front page to have my site done. anyway i use the form tags a lot and i end up with nasty spaces every time i try to close the form (just like i would put an < p > tag there.) anyone knows wassup with that ? i looked at the code itself and can't figure it out.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
spoogenet

Are you talking about extra blank space between lines, such as carriage returns? And does it show up in both IE and Netscrape?

Perhaps you should post an example along with the code.....?

b
Old 02-09-2003, 01:40 AM   #3
pissedoffsol

your problem is frontpage, plain and simple. uninstall that POS
Old 02-09-2003, 10:29 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm what program should i use ? i really need something that does it tha graphic way. i don't feel like writing the code by hand

Old 02-09-2003, 04:02 PM   #5
blind34_1

notepad in one window, and your browser with local page in another. thats the only way to make truly efficient pages.

I've heard that the latest version of dreamweaver is pretty good, but still I wouldnt use it.

just take the time to sit down and design your site from the ground up. use global style sheets and things are real easy, then your updates are a breeze if you use comments correctly.

btw, I got this book long ago and it has been the best book when it comes to writing and designing webpages: Web Pages That Suck; learn good design by looking at bad design. This is the best book ever, you'll learn a lot.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 01:51 PM   #6
spoogenet

I've tried FP before and I attest to it sucking bad. I always used a text editor and just coded by hand. Syntax highlighting is nice, so Notepad may not be the best. I also would like to put in a plug for style sheets, they are the bomb.

b
Old 02-10-2003, 06:51 PM   #7
RPMRacing

Dreamweaver isnt bad if you work in code view and just use dreamweaver itself for previews and repetitave things.
Frontpage is definately a problem but i also believe that form tags will always leave an extra line after [/form] try using css to remove all the spacing there is good css refrence on www.blooberry.com
Old 02-11-2003, 01:10 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm i couldn't find it in the page you gave me. thanks for the link. some pretty good info there

Old 02-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #9
maikoshi

i just write it all by hand in the notepad. the codes i use alot, i save + just copy/paste again n again. front page always messes things up and uses waaaay too many codes + un-needed spaces.

i've never tried any other html writing program other than front page, though.