Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Masamune
1st Gear

Lights behind Fan control

I've reached the end of my patience with this. I have a 93 Accord LX 5 speed and the light behind the knobs went out. Well just the ones behind the knobs, the buttons still light. I just tore my car up, taking out this unit. Tell me it's not in vain! If it was, then what can I do to fix this? It's driving me nuts. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Out
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
blind34_1

well, I'm a little confused on the area your talking about, but in most cases, you'll find a pcb somewhere in the unit. It will have LEDs in nice little sockets. the LEDs just screw out, and you pop in a new one. If you've already removed whatever it is you're talking about, then look around for leds.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
Masamune
1st Gear

Looking at the center console, from the bottom up, you have your radio, then your A/C and heater controls. This has 2 knobs that spin (fan speed, then heat, A/C control) next to them are 5 buttons on top directing the air (face, feet, both, defrosters +feet)
below them are 3 button. 2 of those control where the air goes (fresch, recirculate) next to that is the A/C button. Inside the knobs is where the lights went out. Or maybe im full of it and they are not supposed to light up. Please help me! I'm not totally retarded at this thing, but I am unfamiliar with Hondas.

Out
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
blind34_1

okay, i get the idea of where you are talking about. It's just something you need to take apart to look for bulbs.

Hrmm...from what I'm looking at, you only have 2 bulbs behind the buttons, and not the knobs. here is an illustration: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...L+%28BUTTON%29
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote