Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
cashizslick

Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Whats up yall - this was a good race.

Ok, so i have a good friend with a Convertable GST eclipse (98). His car is pretty quick, so we decided to "street it" today to see just how much faster his car was than mine.

We didnt race from a dead stop because there is a new law where you get your car impounded on the spot if you get caught racing.

Bacically, He really only beat my once third gear hit - then he was gone, but we were dead even up untill the end of second - BTW, he is boosting at 15 psi.

I do much better than him in first gear, and during second - his turbo (15G) is fully spooled and he pulls on me slightly. Once third kicked in, there was no way i was gonna win, since hondas loose all their muscle once third hits (plus i have to double clutch on my way from 2nd to 3rd - thanks steve for a great tranny from HMO).

But ya, it was a good race and i am impressed with my car and so was my friend.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

impressive
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

word to B16. My tranny works fine.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Damn that is nice bro.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:06 PM   #5
cashizslick

Ya, im happy with it - its just that after first gear, im runnin for my life cause he puts out more power than me during second - i'd use the jump i got in first, carry most of it through second and then double clutch and loose everything (since im not to great at double clutchin - rpms drop from 8k to 6k) in third.
He said he could tell when i was in Vtec since he couldnt make mutch headway on me in second.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:52 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm my car pulls like nuts in third too and it's a honda. it's the 1,2,4 that have the problems

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #7
V8killimports

Re: Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick

We didnt race from a dead stop because there is a new law where you get your car impounded on the spot if you get caught racing.

Uhhh.. are you kidding? It's still racing.. from a stop, roll, whatever.. if you really do have that law, your can will still get impounded.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:14 AM   #8
cashizslick

Re: Re: Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Uhhh.. are you kidding? It's still racing.. from a stop, roll, whatever.. if you really do have that law, your can will still get impounded.

That may be true, but we are gonna attract mad more attention if we both launch our cars from a dead stop.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:53 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice run. 15G? Maybe you meant 16G? From a roll is a mistake. Race him from a stop. You should get off the line quicker with that LSD. I know I have issues with wheelspin off the line.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:06 PM   #10
out there

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Nice run. 15G? Maybe you meant 16G? From a roll is a mistake. Race him from a stop. You should get off the line quicker with that LSD. I know I have issues with wheelspin off the line.

agreed about the 16g thing. as far as the from a stop race, against a spyder, you will definitely have him off the line because you have about 1000lbs on him. against a 1g... fwd or awd is a different story...
Old 11-12-2003, 04:19 PM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Ya, im happy with it - its just that after first gear, im runnin for my life cause he puts out more power than me during second - i'd use the jump i got in first, carry most of it through second and then double clutch and loose everything (since im not to great at double clutchin - rpms drop from 8k to 6k) in third.
He said he could tell when i was in Vtec since he couldnt make mutch headway on me in second.

Double clutching? That's a downshifting method... why not just shift normally?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:51 AM   #12
4g63t
2nd Gear

Ya, (15g), what the heck is that? Ive heard of various turbos.....(13g, t-25, t-28, 14b, 16g, b16g, 18g, 20g, t3/t4, just to name a few.) 15psi isnt that much. But i'd say you did pretty well against him. He's lucky you guys raced from a roll becuase launching with a fwd powerful car sucks. To be honest, i'd say the only reason why you could keep up with him in first and second is becuase in a healthy fwd dsm you cant even go 75% throttle without roasting your tires regardless of whether it's 1g or 2g. I dont even think you can go full throttle untill the top of 3rd and still have traction. I dont know jack about honda's but wouldnt 3rd gear be like golden? You should be going between 70-100mph by then.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:42 AM   #13
out there

Re: Hybrid Civic (ME) vs. Eclipse GST

Quote:
(plus i have to double clutch on my way from 2nd to 3rd - thanks steve for a great tranny from HMO).

the double clutch part
Old 11-24-2003, 09:30 AM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by out there
agreed about the 16g thing. as far as the from a stop race, against a spyder, you will definitely have him off the line because you have about 1000lbs on him. against a 1g... fwd or awd is a different story...

Actually its only about a 500lb difference (curb wt. to curb wt.). His car now weighs the same or very close to what an Si weighs.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:44 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 4g63t
Ya, (15g), what the heck is that? Ive heard of various turbos.....(13g, t-25, t-28, 14b, 16g, b16g, 18g, 20g, t3/t4, just to name a few.) 15psi isnt that much. But i'd say you did pretty well against him. He's lucky you guys raced from a roll becuase launching with a fwd powerful car sucks. To be honest, i'd say the only reason why you could keep up with him in first and second is becuase in a healthy fwd dsm you cant even go 75% throttle without roasting your tires regardless of whether it's 1g or 2g. I dont even think you can go full throttle untill the top of 3rd and still have traction. I dont know jack about honda's but wouldnt 3rd gear be like golden? You should be going between 70-100mph by then.

Yeah I run 15psi and my GS-T is nothing compared to most. I definately have the issues in 1st & 2nd with wheel spin. I can't give it full throttle or I roast the tires.
3rd gear should be the 'magic' gear. I know that's where my Si pulls hardest.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:51 AM   #16
cashizslick

Quote:
Yeah I run 15psi and my GS-T is nothing compared to most. I definately have the issues in 1st & 2nd with wheel spin. I can't give it full throttle or I roast the tires.
3rd gear should be the 'magic' gear. I know that's where my Si pulls hardest.
\

Ya, that was his "majik" gear lol

BTW, my friend is already saying he has gotten crank walk
Old 11-24-2003, 11:58 AM   #17
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Ya, that was his "majik" gear lol

BTW, my friend is already saying he has gotten crank walk

Already eh? Well crankwalk is fairly random. The 1G's seem to be immune to it. But its really about how you drive/treat your car. Heavy clutches don't help either.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #18
out there

Quote:
Actually its only about a 500lb difference (curb wt. to curb wt.).

:smacks forehead: oh yeah, normal weight honda... my friend's integra has lost a lot of weight, so he weighs about 1000lbs less than me
Old 11-24-2003, 03:49 PM   #19
VR4_Craver
Banned

I thought that it was the GS-T's that were all wheel drive and the GS-X's where the fwd.....im lost
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #20
out there

gs - 4g63 fwd
gst/tsi - 4g63t fwd
gsx/tsi awd - 4g63t awd
Old 11-25-2003, 11:39 PM   #21
4g63t
2nd Gear

Man, if you honda guys are gonna drive around on the streets like you're all that, then you better get to known other types of cars and what they can do.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:57 PM   #22
out there

maybe we should post the "you might be a dsmer if..." thing here?
my friend with a 90 integra qualifies as a dsmer according to some of those conditionals. in fact, he used to drive a 92 nt eclipse.
you might be a dsmer if... before racing someone, you 90% of the time know their engine, hp, and performance specs. and you usually know if you will win or not
Old 11-28-2003, 11:29 AM   #23
whodatt1

[quote]Originally posted by out there
gs - 4g63 fwd
gst/tsi - 4g63t fwd
gsx/tsi awd - 4g63t awd
[/QUOTE

sorry but the only non turbo 4g63 GS's are the first gens. all non turbo secon gens run the 420a block, or the 4g64 in the case of the non turbo spyder. just FYI
Old 11-28-2003, 07:35 PM   #24
4g63t
2nd Gear

Why are dsmers soo intelligent?