.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2003, 02:08 AM   #1
zm_dawg

goin crazy

it is now july 16th......my girlfriend has been gone now since June 24th. I have heard from her a few times....and she'll be returning August 1st. This has got to be one of the harder times for me..us being away from one another. A lot is going on in my life and hers and I dont' want to question the relationship it just seems wierd being away....and not having a clue what she's thinking and will say when she gets back. Maybe she came over some big life change while she was there and i'll learn of it in the next few weeks. I have surgery on my shoulder 2 days before she gets back so it won't be that fun when she gets back, but it'll be the greatest relief seeing her and knowing she's back especially if everything goes as planned and we continue where we left off. This is the same girlfriend of muslim religion whose parents dont' know really know....but i do think they do to some effect....Sometimes I think....that i wouldn't know how to date a "regular" girl after all of this....meeting parents and family and what not....it's all to crazy for me right....
Old 07-16-2003, 02:10 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh man, i kinda know where you are coming from.

O.T. What's your AIM ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
mylittlecivic

I'm sorry I bet that's really tough hopefully things will go good, im worried about my boyfriend going to college next month:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #4
cjblade54

Long distance relationship is always hard to mantain.... in fact, I wouldn't want to try it again. I don't even want to get into it. But like they say, true love will last. I guess you just have to wait and see when she gets back.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #5
ShagginJet

My g/f once left for 2 months. She was in Europe, touring the country side, having fun, probably doing things I wouldn't approve of. While she was gone I was working my ass off and learning to live on my own. When we returned, I confronted her about our relationship, we talked about it, and decided to split up..... 4 years down the drain, at least I learned a lot of stuff.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #6
zm_dawg

Stefan- zeman216

It's not really a long distance relationship.....in my previous thread in this forum about love....she's from macedonia and like last year went again this year for 5 weeks. Last we left on bad terms and she did shit with someone....she said nothin serious..and I did stuff also....but since then everything's been so different. I just can't wait for her to get back.....to see her or what not......i don't want 2 years going down the drain....the other week she called and was like you know that guy i told you about last year....he saw me and he followed me around in his car..and here i have to sit with this on my head....its just crazy....another thing is 2 weeks before she left i backed into a car in her car. Now her parents don't know anything, but since it was her car it went to her insurance...and her mom got and my girlfriend tried playing it off......funny thing is i think they got a copy of the police report cause i got a call from my gf's cell phone while she was in europe....and i th ink it was her mom...cause i think she has some idea about us....i really don't worry about her going to school.....besides she's goin to some private school which i believe is catholic which doesn't make sense cause she's muslim but who knows....maybe some rich boy is goin to sweep her off her feet.....but i can't worry about that....i wish i had money and was healthy to get outta state and go to school...and get my life together......venting
Old 07-17-2003, 02:38 AM   #7
mylittlecivic

if you really love each other then it will work

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2003, 08:25 AM   #8
cjblade54

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
if you really love each other then it will work

I agree... like I said before, true love will last.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:42 PM   #9
zm_dawg

not to bring up something old....today would've been 2 weeks I hadn't talked to her...but she called on Friday thank god......I really feel like i'm goin crazy...today I sat and talked with one of her better friends, but even she doesn't know about everything about my gf's family/religion. It's a crazy/beautiful situation. I try not to talk about with people so much because I feel that they get an idea that I don't trust her. that's not it at all....I'm just scared for myself that her being alone or away from me this long may allow her to think of some crazy life plan that doesn't involve me. We both would do anything possible we're just in a tough place. The time before this she said the boy she did stuff with was following her around then we didn't talk for nearly 2 weeks....i was a wreck. Only 8 more days till she gets back....but only 6 more till i have shoulder surgery....either way just seeing her and being able to talk to her face to face will be a relief...sorry for the venting
Old 07-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #10
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Just take it easy. There's really not much you can do right now and worrying like this isn't good for you. You're going to get yourself physically sick then you won't be able to get the surgery done on your shoulder. Wait until she gets back to talk and worry about what happens then. Seriously, this isn't good for you. Do something to blow off steam, like jog, workout or something physical like that to work off the stress.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM   #11
zm_dawg

i know i know.....i can't really workout....damaged disc and torn shoulder....yadadada......i'll figure out been doin crunches on my excercise ball lol
Old 07-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #12
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Could you walk around an area? Like a park or school track? That might help? Ask your friends for ideas. You're going to go nuts just sitting around at home. Get out and go somewhere with your friends, even just to the mall just to hang out or something..........come on dude, please do something to get your mind off this for awhile. You're making me worry.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:27 PM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Alright man..I understand what you're going through...but it's nothing a million other people haven't done before. No offense, but you sound like you're one good cry away from being a chick. I was away from my g/f for over 6 months and things turned out just like they would have if she hadn't been gone (we were together for a year afterwards). Not to over simplify, but you really have no control over this so why worry? Sure, she could come back with some life changing plan that no longer involves you, but what are you gonna do if she does? I'm kind of curious about why she hasn't told her parents yet...if she really loved you I'd think she'd be ready to take on her parents, consequences be damned. Sure, it's a different culture and blah blah blah but honestly, how long do you think you can be with this girl before they need to know? You plan on getting married and having kids without telling them? But I seriously think you're getting too worked up over nothing...you can't control the actions of other people, only ready yourself for their implications so why bother?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 02:30 PM   #14
zm_dawg

Hey man....I totally understand...I appreciate the words and everything. It's just the way I feel and how we felt...and then I question this and that. I'm totally ready for her just to be home...and know whats going on so we both go on with our life one way or another. It's a new experience being with someone like her...which I wouldn't change for anything. I know sooner or later she'd have to mention me to the family....but I won't make her do it until she's ready. I can almost guarantee some kind of "disownment".......either way......thanks guys appreciate it....I'll keep informed sometime....she'll be home in a few days....
Old 07-27-2003, 02:45 AM   #15
V8killimports

There are 400+ people here who have not seen their wives/children for 8+ months. But at least they get a 20 minute phone call every 15 days.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:48 PM   #16
zm_dawg

yo....it is now august 4th....i've seen her every day since friday and everything was great....i had my shoulder surgery last week so i decided to go out saturday and chill at my buddies.....the one told me the night before she said it was nice being single, it was a change. today i said something aobut it.....and she dropped her head. all i said was I got f*cked over didn't I? I was like same guy huh?.....before this she said the guy called her aunt and asked for my "ex-girls" permission to come to the US to visit the US. who knows......not even sure what to think.....besides I've told her from day one I'd do anything. I sat here for 5 weeks with every opportunity to screw around....and i would've never thought twice about it.....cause i loved what i had.....had. Not even sure what to do.....i need to get healthy from the accident and move on. Now I just want to get on with everything.....move....go to school.....and live life......people ask do you still have feelings....you can get back with her....she goes there every summer....it's pointless......not sure what else to type....i'm beat.....
Old 08-04-2003, 03:13 PM   #17
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

At least you found out now before things got really too involved. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, it will be hard but everytime you think about missing her and getting back together with her, think about how much it hurt when you found out what she did to you. Kinda like hitting your head against the wall just to say it feels so good to stop but I think you get my drift. I wish there were more good guys like you out there who wouldn't do this sort of thing to their girlfriends but also think about how special this makes you for being the way you are. She blew it, not you. Keep your head high and shoulders back. It WILL hurt but not as much as if you two were more involved. Give it time. Life's lesson's are a BIATCH!!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:05 PM   #18
zm_dawg

it's crazy.......i think it's my time to focus more on myself and my life and get things going...i'm having old teachers telling me to get out of our county cause nothing has really gone right for me here....i'm looking into moving out to SoCal....just need to get the right information and stuff.....rent, schools...........anyone know anythin lemme know
Old 08-06-2003, 02:25 AM   #19
mylittlecivic

i knew some people in wisconsin and they had to get out for awhile, but then again i really need out of this area for awhile.A nice break would be good for you

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #20
manofsteele

Quote:
Originally posted by cjblade54
Long distance relationship is always hard to mantain.... in fact, I wouldn't want to try it again. I don't even want to get into it. But like they say, true love will last. I guess you just have to wait and see when she gets back.

yeah, no dought...