::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2002, 11:49 PM   #1
Rayzemup

In need of heavy advice(i'm an idiot)

Hey guys, i'm new, and i dont know jack about cars. This poses as a problem, as i see some sweet lookin civics on the road and on the net. I have a 2002 civic ex coupe. I want to get some rear altezzas, some special air intake(dont know anything about this), and perhaps a new exhaust system. One, will this void my warranty? Two, any advice on these things? As i said before, i'm not good w/ cars, so would it be best to leave it in the hands of a local car joint? thanks guys.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:12 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

since im really tired im only gonna answer one question: most of the things that you can do to mod a car are actually easier than you think. It just takes some balls to try it. Get a rachet set and a screwdriver and youre all set. Its my first time taken whack at a car but its suprisingly easy. Best advice is get a shop manual too. Dont bother taking it to a shop unless you really have to (like if you have absolutely no clue what-so-ever...and no one on this website can help...which is like never).
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 09:37 AM   #3
turbodx

Intake , exhaust , suspension shouldn't bother warantee depending on ur dealer.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:44 AM   #4
oc civic

altezzas will DEFINATELY VOID your warranty DO NOT GET THEM!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 02:03 PM   #5
blind34_1

Okay, let me see if I can answer some of these questions.

First, you need to decide what you are doing this for. If you want altezzas and intakes and whatnot just to be like everyone else, and not care about peformance, then things are easy for you. Everything you need to buy will be made by APC, which is cheap garbage that a lot of people (commonly referred to as ricers) slap on there car and think it makes em go fast and look cool. Whatever.

So you need to decide if you want to be laughed at by real racers, and to just blend into the ricer crowd, OR if you want to have a respectable car. (Everyone else: don't start a big debate over whats rice and opinions and crap. This issue has been driven into the ground. You all know what I'm talking about.)

You can go either way.

That said, let me start with altezzas.

Altezzas are also referred to as euro tails, and some call them clears. To clear this up as best I can:

Altezzas: Came from the Toyota Altezza, which are tail light housings that are mostly clear, except for red circles where tail bulbs go. These are DOT approved and come standard on some luxury vehicles. Lexus SUVs, etc.

Euros: same things basically, but some are designed differently.

Clears: These have no red in them at all. Completly clear, which is why you must buy red bulbs to use. These are not street legal, and cops will get you on it.

Relatively easy to install, and often is the first cosmetic mod people make. Some call this ricey, but really its up to you.

Air Intakes: These are used to replace your factory air intake. When you step on the gas pedal, that opens the butterfly in the throttle body. This sucks in air, and gives you what you need to make fuel combust properly. Stock intakes are made out of black plastic and house a sqaure filter. (in a nutshell)

The intake you are talking about getting is the aftermarket equivelant of the same thing. Often it is just a polished aluminum tube, bent specifically for a certain make of car. One end goes to your throttle body, the other is stuck into a different kind of air filter, usually a conical shaped one. There are also a few hoses that need to be hooked up, and this is explained in the directions you receive.

Intakes provide much more potential air flow, thus increasing horsepower a little bit. It also provides a deep throaty sound. Intkaes are often the first step in modifying a car on a budget.

There are two major types (there are more, but these are the biggest):

Cold Air Intake or CAI: This is considered to be the best and is also the most expensive. This is an intake with extra tubing designed to go down to your wheel wheel and suck cold air from there. Often it is a good idea to buy a air bypass valve, to insure that water does not go where it shouldn't. AEM is considered the top brand, While Injen and Iceman are also good choices. Expect to pay between 200 and 250.

Short Ram intake: This simply lacks the extra wheel well tubing. And the filter sits right in the engine bay. This doesn't have the same horsepower gain, as it is sucking warmer air. K&N has a typhoon line of short rams that is very good. Expect to pay anywhere from 100 to 180 dollars. (APC Intimidator is what you'll want if you want to go the cheapy high schooler ricer route.)

Be aware that people claim that their intake gave them 15 extra horsepower! Thats what the magazine says. Wrong. On on unmodified engine there is a very small performance gain, probably no more than a few horsepower. When you begin doing other things to your car, you will notice a larger difference.

New Exhaust Systems:
I wont go into depth here because there so many things you can do. Doing a new exhaust system is the most expensive performance mod, aside from an engine swap, turbocharging, etc. A freer flowing exhaust will give you a performace gain and a louder sound, depening on what you go with. The main components are:

Headers: This is the peice that bolts up to your engines exhuast ports, and reduces them into one pipe (sometimes 2). Despite what people say, a four cylinder engine has only ONE HEADER. DC Sports is considered very good. Expect to pay anywhere between 300 and 500.

Downpipe: goes from the header to...

Catalytic Converter or Cat: This is an emission controlling device. It is a federal crime to take these off, apparently. However you can buy a freer flowing one. Check your emission requirements, especially if you live in Cali. hi flow cats go for 100 to 200dollars.

More piping back to your...

Muffler: You need this or you will be excessively loud. There are many good brands. Flowmaster, Borla are good brands.

Exhaust tip: goes from muffler to out the back of your car. You only need one as big as the rest of your piping. a four inch exhaust tip is not necessary. be discreet. If you wanna be a ricer, make sure that a softball will fit inside it.

For a whole exhaust system, just parts, you could pay anywhere from 600 to 800+ dollars. It all depends on what you buy, and you DO get what you pay for. Pacesetter sells exhusts for very cheap, but I've heard nothing but trouble from them.

As for your last question, should you do it yourself? YES. There is nothing I hate more than seeing someone pay a mechanic to modify their car. There are certain things that you just need a mechanics expertise and equipment on, like maybe an engine swap. But DO NOT go to him and say I want you to install my air intake. Don't be afraid to get dirty, and learn about what you are doing.

Invest in a good set of craftsmen tools. Metric and SAE. You will use them. You need screwdrivers. good ones. many of them because you will lose them.

Garage space is always handy, but not required.
Buy the chiltons and/or haynes manual to your car. It will prove useful.

Lastly, stay on sites like this and READ. ASK QUESTIONS. When I came here I didn't know jack about cars either. Now I know quite a bit. I'm still learning, just as you will. Don't give up.

Wow this was long. I hope this can give you some insight on what you want to do. My opinion: Don't skimp, don't be a ricer!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:09 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Well blind pretty much answered it.

Good luck with your "quest"...
Old 12-03-2002, 03:36 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

yeah blind said it all really...i cant think of anything else...oh wait a jack and some jackstands could be useful too. A lot of times you can get a whole package that includes the hydo. jack, 2 stands, and a creeper so you can wheel yourself under your ride. I actually just got this kit for $30 on the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SALE...at autozone of all places
Old 12-03-2002, 05:57 PM   #8
zm_dawg

I recently purchased a 2000 Civic EX and i have the honda certified warranty with a one year bumper to bumper. I know that the taillight assemblies will not void your warranty. After the one year, all it covers is the engine and transmission for the most part. Intakes, headers, etc. will void this warranty. Exhaust system will not. Everything from suspension to your cd player is covered under my one year and could possibly void it you modify it and that is the case of a problem if one occurs. I know i paid some nice cold hard cash for my warranty and i believe if i take it off earlier i will recieve cash back which is what i plan on doing after this winter and when my one year bumper to bumper is done. I have already purchased my suspension setup and am waiting till spring to put this on. You should have a booklet that pretty much clarifies what all voids your warranty
Old 12-03-2002, 10:33 PM   #9
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
[b]Okay, let me see if I can answer some of these questions.

First, you need to decide what you are doing this for. If you want altezzas and intakes and whatnot just to be like everyone else, and not care about peformance, then things are easy for you. Everything you need to buy will be made by APC, which is cheap garbage that a lot of people (commonly referred to as ricers) slap on there car and think it makes em go fast and look cool. Whatever.

So you need to decide if you want to be laughed at by real racers, and to just blend into the ricer crowd, OR if you want to have a respectable car. (Everyone else: don't start a big debate over whats rice and opinions and crap. This issue has been driven into the ground. You all know what I'm talking about.)

Dude, I don't get the stereotyping that people do like this. Some please explain this to me. No snootiness here, but honestly just asking why. Am I not a "real racer" because I have altezza tail lights? What is the deal with that? Just because I have euro tail lights means that I'm out of the "real racer" category.....

Do I not have a respectable car because I have something on my car that someone else might not like? Let's reverse the situation here....let's say that I have altezza's, and someone else doesn't, so does that mean that his/her car is not respectable? A car is a car, and with me there is no such thing really as a car that is not respectable, or a car that just looks like crap because even if someone has a part on their car that I wouldn't put on mine....then who cares because at least they are doing something. Different people have different personalities, which means that there will be many cars that look different, AND EVEN CARS THAT MIGHT HAVE PARTS THAT YOU YOURSELF MIGHT NOT LIKE.

So, what's the moral you say............"Don't stereotype!"
Old 12-03-2002, 11:38 PM   #10
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by SilVtec
Dude, I don't get the stereotyping that people do like this. Some please explain this to me. No snootiness here, but honestly just asking why. Am I not a "real racer" because I have altezza tail lights? What is the deal with that? Just because I have euro tail lights means that I'm out of the "real racer" category.....

Do I not have a respectable car because I have something on my car that someone else might not like? Let's reverse the situation here....let's say that I have altezza's, and someone else doesn't, so does that mean that his/her car is not respectable? A car is a car, and with me there is no such thing really as a car that is not respectable, or a car that just looks like crap because even if someone has a part on their car that I wouldn't put on mine....then who cares because at least they are doing something. Different people have different personalities, which means that there will be many cars that look different, AND EVEN CARS THAT MIGHT HAVE PARTS THAT YOU YOURSELF MIGHT NOT LIKE.

So, what's the moral you say............"Don't stereotype!"

i can explain it EASILY.. its a maturity level thing.. i mean altezzas do ONE and ONLY ONE thing.. they draw attention.. they due not signal better, faster, or brighter... adn in most cases are made of CRAP material... they are the first mod "LOOK AT ME AND MY DIFFERANT CIVIC RICERS" choose... adn they are seen frequently on teh cars that ruin good street racing spots... they are associated with that moron who revs at you at a light, adn laughs when you purge nitrous cause he thinks your car just broke.... and to be quite honest to me they CHEAPEN the WHOLE look of the car... and i cant tell you the last time i saw a set on a sub 12 sec car out on the street.. so thats why i think they are a joke..

so now i ask you this...

do you have altezzas?
what other performance mods do you have?
what kinda HP/Tq you put down to the wheels?
and whats your fastest trap speed/et?

maybe you will prove me wrong?
Old 12-04-2002, 09:38 AM   #11
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
i can explain it EASILY.. its a maturity level thing.. i mean altezzas do ONE and ONLY ONE thing.. they draw attention.. they due not signal better, faster, or brighter... adn in most cases are made of CRAP material... they are the first mod "LOOK AT ME AND MY DIFFERANT CIVIC RICERS" choose... adn they are seen frequently on teh cars that ruin good street racing spots... they are associated with that moron who revs at you at a light, adn laughs when you purge nitrous cause he thinks your car just broke.... and to be quite honest to me they CHEAPEN the WHOLE look of the car... and i cant tell you the last time i saw a set on a sub 12 sec car out on the street.. so thats why i think they are a joke..

so now i ask you this...

do you have altezzas?
what other performance mods do you have?
what kinda HP/Tq you put down to the wheels?
and whats your fastest trap speed/et?

maybe you will prove me wrong?

So does that mean that your stock tail lights make you go faster? So, if I put my stock tail lights back on, does that mean that I will go an extra 20 horsepower faster. If my tail lights doen't give me horsepower, then your's sure do not either. "Maturity level thing"...what is that about? Who's to say that someone with altezza's doesn't have nitrous also?
Old 12-04-2002, 09:40 AM   #12
Mushroom

If you like the way altezzas look, put them on your car. Ignore what we say.

Get a manual, read it, do the work yourself. I'm a car idiot too, but I'm getting better. If you screw up, and good shop will be happy to help you back on your feet.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:55 AM   #13
FletchQ

Quote:
i mean altezzas do ONE and ONLY ONE thing.. they draw attention..

So are you saying that every single person that entered their car in NOPI is a ricer? Since you know, the whole point is to draw attention to their car

Quote:
adn they are seen frequently on teh cars that ruin good street racing spots...

How exactly do they ruin street racign spots? Do they park in front of you so you can't see? Do they leave their car in the middle of the road? If thats the case, then I can assure you that it has nothing to do with the taillights on the car. Everybody has a right to come out to the street races, just cause we don't all have sub 10 cars doesn't mean we can join in the fun. If someone wants to bring a civic that has nothing done but altezzas, they might get their ass handed to them once the engine starts, but hey, that is the whole point of racing, to see who can beat who. They have the right, you don't have to race them, its optional.

Quote:
and i cant tell you the last time i saw a set on a sub 12 sec car out on the street..

My friend actually has a '97 Accord that runs sub 11 at the track, he has the goofiest taillights I have ever seen in my life, but people get used to them cause thats all they see...
Old 12-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #14
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by SilVtec
So does that mean that your stock tail lights make you go faster? So, if I put my stock tail lights back on, does that mean that I will go an extra 20 horsepower faster. If my tail lights doen't give me horsepower, then your's sure do not either. "Maturity level thing"...what is that about? Who's to say that someone with altezza's doesn't have nitrous also?

wtf are you talking about....

no it means i didn't waste money on an inadiquate inferior product..MOST altezas i see leak, and are all nasty looking with time... made poorly... you want altezzas get altezzas... your statement proved my point...

notice you did not answer my questions... about what performance mods you have.. dont bother ive already seen your car in the other thread...

look everyone can hate me cause i think altezzas are gay.. i really dont care..
Old 12-04-2002, 10:27 AM   #15
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by FletchQ
So are you saying that every single person that entered their car in NOPI is a ricer?

yes that is a true statement... its one giant rice fest..
Old 12-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #16
oc civic

Quote:

How exactly do they ruin street racign spots? Do they park in front of you so you can't see? Do they leave their car in the middle of the road? If thats the case, then I can assure you that it has nothing to do with the taillights on the car. Everybody has a right to come out to the street races, just cause we don't all have sub 10 cars doesn't mean we can join in the fun. If someone wants to bring a civic that has nothing done but altezzas, they might get their ass handed to them once the engine starts, but hey, that is the whole point of racing, to see who can beat who. They have the right, you don't have to race them, its optional.

they come in DROVES and DROVES of liek 100 16-19 sec cars... do burnouts all over draw LOTS of attention to something that SHOULD be on the downlow... thats how they ruin it
Old 12-04-2002, 10:32 AM   #17
oc civic

Quote:
My friend actually has a '97 Accord that runs sub 11 at the track, he has the goofiest taillights I have ever seen in my life, but people get used to them cause thats all they see...

Old 12-04-2002, 10:37 AM   #18
FletchQ

I'll admit that a good portion of NOPI contains cars that have been dressed up, I won't go as far as to say that they are ricers (though there are some ricers there) but I will gaurantee that there are at least 4 or 5 cars there that would spank anything anyone of us brought to the line
Old 12-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #19
FletchQ

Ok, I'll agree with you that people can ruin street racing by drawing lots of attention, but I am sure that its not just people that have altezzas, some people are just idiots.

And as for my friend's Accord, you can say its BS all you want, but you don't know
Old 12-04-2002, 10:45 AM   #20
oc civic

Quote:
Ok, I'll agree with you that people can ruin street racing by drawing lots of attention, but I am sure that its not just people that have altezzas, some people are just idiots.

And as for my friend's Accord, you can say its BS all you want, but you don't know

i would LOVE to see specs on it.. because ive NEVER seen an accord break out of the 14's... SCCC supercharged one and it went liek 14.5 thats lame... so im VERY interested.. if i am wrong and your friend really has this id be the first to admit im wrong... and maybe even try to hook him up with some friends of mine to maybe get him some hook ups...

so yeah im very interested in this 10 sec accord..

and yes your are right not all street racign idiots have altezzas... we agree on that
Old 12-04-2002, 10:58 AM   #21
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Ok guys. This isn't what he was asking for. Let's not sit & argue about altezzas & such. Every has their own opinion.

Quote:
yes that is a true statement... its one giant rice fest..

LoL,...
Old 12-04-2002, 12:15 PM   #22
pdiggitydogg

^ true this whole thing has gone to hell.

Im gonna come right out and say that I have 'tezzas. I dont give a flyin F*ck what anyone says cause I like em. Im in the process of saving for my engine swap and turbo app as well. I also have Angel Eye headlights too. So call me rice if you want but I have very good future plans...and I will keep the tails
Old 12-04-2002, 12:28 PM   #23
ShEaNy

theres nothing wrong with altezzas...not everyone hates them....thats y there still being made and sold by compaines i like em..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:31 PM   #24
blind34_1

whoa whoa, this JUST what I wanted to avoid. Having altezzas doesn't mean your car is inferior and it doesn't exclude you from the racer category. MANY people see altezzas as a ricer cheapo modification. I was merely saying that he needs to choose what he wants to do, and that many people will prolly brand him a ricer like everyone else. If you have the motor to backup your exterior mods, then more power to you.

I personally don't mind altezzas either, and I really like all clears. I don't have them, because I think power comes first. And I like being different. If I had them, i would be similar to all the other civics who have them.

I wasnt very clear in what I originally said, and it began the chain reaction of what I was trying to avoid.

Lets bring it back to advice on simple mods, like what the guy was originally asking.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:37 PM   #25
SilVtec

Quote:
wtf are you talking about....

no it means i didn't waste money on an inadiquate inferior product..MOST altezas i see leak, and are all nasty looking with time... made poorly... you want altezzas get altezzas... your statement proved my point...

notice you did not answer my questions... about what performance mods you have.. dont bother ive already seen your car in the other thread...

look everyone can hate me cause i think altezzas are gay.. i really dont care..

Look, it doesn't matter what performance mods I have. I like my speed like any other person out there, but I also like for my car to look good in what I think is my opinion. I don't hate on people for having stock tail lights. For the "wtf are you talking about" comment that you made, I was referring to the fact that you say that my altezza's do not make me a "real racer".....pay attention little one! You act like every car that puts on altezza's loses horsepower or something. Just because I have altezza's doesn't mean that I can't smoke a car that has stock tail lights. You stereotype people by saying that they are not real racers if they have euro tails.....that's childish bro! I do what I do to my car because it pleases me, and I usually don't care what people think about it, but when you tell me that I am not something (a "real racer") because I have altezza's, and the fact that I'm not running sub 11's would pretty much knock out 95% of the people on this website from being a "real racer." Not everybody has NOS, or turbo, supercharger, or an engine swap, so does that not make them a real racer. Some people with turbo and all that stuff do have altezza's too, so does that not make them a "real racer" now? Seems to me that a "real racer" in your opinion is a car straight off The Fast and Furious, and I don't know about you, but a car like that is way out of my league.......couldn't afford anything like that.........could you?
Old 12-04-2002, 02:38 PM   #26
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
^ true this whole thing has gone to hell.

Im gonna come right out and say that I have 'tezzas. I dont give a flyin F*ck what anyone says cause I like em. Im in the process of saving for my engine swap and turbo app as well. I also have Angel Eye headlights too. So call me rice if you want but I have very good future plans...and I will keep the tails

I admire that! You the man!
Old 12-04-2002, 02:48 PM   #27
oc civic

im GLAD that this has not been locked or anything.. as discusion is what message boards are all about... and yeah man these are JUST my opinions... my most SIMPLE deffinition of a racer.. is a person that craves SPEED over STYLE... somone who LIVES to push his car that much further... somone who could give a rats ass if its a porsche, honda civic, skyline, or geo metro... they jump at EVERY opertunity to push the car further... and NO offense... but you have a neat show car... i would be VERY impressed if your car could break out of the 16's in the 1/4 mile... its just OBVIOUS that go is NOT your biggest concern... and some people think im mean or hurtful or pissed off.. well im not.. lol im happy as could be.. im JUST callign it like i see it.. adn bringing some more life into this place.. getting people worked up makes them live longer

you talk about costs... and money.. if you took ALL your cosmetic mods.. and the cost to get them painted.. and those rims and all.. you COULD have had a pretty quick car... but you CHOSE not to.. man thats YOUR choice... i really dont care.. once again NO offense but im GLAD there are not too many fast civics out there.. my car is FAR from fast.. but its quick for what it is... adn it is ALWAYS getting faster..
Old 12-04-2002, 03:03 PM   #28
SilVtec

Quote:
im GLAD that this has not been locked or anything.. as discusion is what message boards are all about... and yeah man these are JUST my opinions... my most SIMPLE deffinition of a racer.. is a person that craves SPEED over STYLE... somone who LIVES to push his car that much further... somone who could give a rats ass if its a porsche, honda civic, skyline, or geo metro... they jump at EVERY opertunity to push the car further... and NO offense... but you have a neat show car... i would be VERY impressed if your car could break out of the 16's in the 1/4 mile... its just OBVIOUS that go is NOT your biggest concern... and some people think im mean or hurtful or pissed off.. well im not.. lol im happy as could be.. im JUST callign it like i see it.. adn bringing some more life into this place.. getting people worked up makes them live longer

you talk about costs... and money.. if you took ALL your cosmetic mods.. and the cost to get them painted.. and those rims and all.. you COULD have had a pretty quick car... but you CHOSE not to.. man thats YOUR choice... i really dont care.. once again NO offense but im GLAD there are not too many fast civics out there.. my car is FAR from fast.. but its quick for what it is... adn it is ALWAYS getting faster..

Your very passionate about what you do, and I admire that, and yes my car is more of a show car, but you would really be surprised at how quick it really is. When I started my project with my car a few years back, I didn't know anything about engines, so I never modified it much. All I knew about was enhancing the exterior, cause that is what most people around my parts did, and still do. I'm glad though that I didn't put all that money into the engine, cause I probably would have a million speeding tickets, or a blown engine from running it against people all the time, or I might have had my license taken away for racing on the road, or I might end up wrapped around a tree dead somewhere from speeding, or racing. As far as the engine goes, the only other thing I'll do to it is add a smaller turbo, maybe the T-3 Garrett, but not turn up the boost. That way maybe I can have the best of both worlds of speed and looks. I don't race people cause I don't wanna end up being the one that my family reads about in the papers, and has to see on the news because I've killed myself racing someone. I do admire your passion though, but I don't want you to think that I don't care about speed, cause I do, but I also care about the looks of my car, but that does not mean that I'm not a "real racer" though.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:26 PM   #29
iRACEmyCTR

The problem is you are confusing this term "real racer". Being a "real racer" isn't about all that crap you have strapped to your 4cyl engine. The difference between a "real racer" and a ricer is that a "real racer" knows how to conduct himself. If you want silly taillights then don't let OC Civic hold you back. I disagree with you, however when you say that everyone is welcome at the races. I don't know how you run your races or what kind of organization you have, but where OC Civic and I are from we have strict attendance policies and extremely discreet locations. Of course we'd love to experiance that sceen from F&F where there are hundreds of cars lined up with girls and everything. But if you remember correctly, a lot of people got arrested in that sceen. We don't need that. Having altezzas does not make you a loser ricer that no one wants around. If you can TRULY tell yourself that you like them because they appeal to YOUR style then by all means have them, but I don't know a single person without lying to themselves and me could say "I like them because I do and not because they are cool." The reason you think you are being stereotyped is because you really aren't. By displaying the altezza taillights you are through visual language telling me "I want to be cool". There's nothing wrong with being cool, just earn it.
Oh and by the way, I used to have TYC Taillights. (expensive altezzas)
Old 12-04-2002, 05:59 PM   #30
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
The problem is you are confusing this term "real racer". Being a "real racer" isn't about all that crap you have strapped to your 4cyl engine. The difference between a "real racer" and a ricer is that a "real racer" knows how to conduct himself. If you want silly taillights then don't let OC Civic hold you back. I disagree with you, however when you say that everyone is welcome at the races. I don't know how you run your races or what kind of organization you have, but where OC Civic and I are from we have strict attendance policies and extremely discreet locations. Of course we'd love to experiance that sceen from F&F where there are hundreds of cars lined up with girls and everything. But if you remember correctly, a lot of people got arrested in that sceen. We don't need that. Having altezzas does not make you a loser ricer that no one wants around. If you can TRULY tell yourself that you like them because they appeal to YOUR style then by all means have them, but I don't know a single person without lying to themselves and me could say "I like them because I do and not because they are cool." The reason you think you are being stereotyped is because you really aren't. By displaying the altezza taillights you are through visual language telling me "I want to be cool". There's nothing wrong with being cool, just earn it.
Oh and by the way, I used to have TYC Taillights. (expensive altezzas)

So, you can honestly sit there and tell me that you know why I have my tail lights, and why I bought them. I didn't buy them because I thought I would be kewl, I bought them because I actually like them.
Why have a strict ordinance about who can and who can't be there to race? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I don't hold an organization, but if I did then everyone would be welcome, and the slower ones would just be easy bait. I don't really know what you all consider ricey, but with me I just like to look good and do my own thing. Like I said, you would be surprised on how quick my Civic is for being a "show car." I do what I do, but the problem with all this is that you are haters....point blank!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:14 PM   #31
ShEaNy

k
u dont have to have Speed to back anything up..this isnt going at u blind i know what ur saying..im talking mostly to the other guys...u can go all looks as well...people have different opinions on what to go first...u can deck ur car out looks wise then back it up with speed..or u can do the opposite OR just GO all looks OR all Speed...it doesnt matter do what makes u happy....just dont worry about what people say..wow....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:50 PM   #32
oc civic

[quote]Originally posted by SilVtec
[b]So, you can honestly sit there and tell me that you know why I have my tail lights, and why I bought them. I didn't buy them because I thought I would be kewl, I bought them because I actually like them.
Why have a strict ordinance about who can and who can't be there to race? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I don't hold an organization, but if I did then everyone would be welcome, and the slower ones would just be easy bait. I don't really know what you all consider ricey,
Old 12-04-2002, 07:25 PM   #33
iRACEmyCTR

1. just the fact that you spelled cool "kewl" tells me what kind of person you are.
2. a strict policy towards who can come and who can't is in place for my safety. i don't want stupid people there who will more than likely result in damage to me, my car, or my license.
3. by "organization" i meant the way you organize things, i do not belong to a street racing cult.
4. i do not think i would be surprised by how fast your civic is.
5. you say the problem is we are hating? i don't hate you or your car. I do not appreciate you.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:29 PM   #34
pdiggitydogg

ok seriously...this is enough complaining and arguing over some thing like tail lights and ripping on other people, who are in many ways like all of us here, when the point of this is to help out someone that is just starting out in their car.
More importantly is the fact that the b*tching that has on here about 'tezzas is that they're probably not gonna get them regarless if they like them because theyre gonna think that theyre going to be rejected as a "tuner", (which is not true), and the fact that they ask 1 question and everyone turns into a dick.
Look no more saying "Altezzas are cool" or "Altezzas suck" or whatever, no b*tching more importantly. They want to info on where to get stuff, how to do it and thats about it. In fact, I'll even repost the original thing...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rayzemup
Hey guys, i'm new, and i dont know jack about cars. This poses as a problem, as i see some sweet lookin civics on the road and on the net. I have a 2002 civic ex coupe. I want to get some rear altezzas, some special air intake(dont know anything about this), and perhaps a new exhaust system. One, will this void my warranty? Two, any advice on these things? As i said before, i'm not good w/ cars, so would it be best to leave it in the hands of a local car joint? thanks guys.

Lets all act mature now
Old 12-04-2002, 09:17 PM   #35
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
ok seriously...this is enough complaining and arguing over some thing like tail lights and ripping on other people, who are in many ways like all of us here, when the point of this is to help out someone that is just starting out in their car.
More importantly is the fact that the b*tching that has on here about 'tezzas is that they're probably not gonna get them regarless if they like them because theyre gonna think that theyre going to be rejected as a "tuner", (which is not true), and the fact that they ask 1 question and everyone turns into a dick.
Look no more saying "Altezzas are cool" or "Altezzas suck" or whatever, no b*tching more importantly. They want to info on where to get stuff, how to do it and thats about it. In fact, I'll even repost the original thing...

Lets all act mature now

you choose to perpetuate this argument... you could at any time just stop replying but you CHOOSE not to
Old 12-04-2002, 09:32 PM   #36
zm_dawg

This is crazy....i'm fairly new here (several months) and I've seen this over and over again. Look here....i'll even put it in quotes. "I have altezza's because I was intrigued by the looks, therefore i bought them and followed by installing them." I figured I better spell out altezza's because in no way do i need to be ripped on for spelling or abbreviating something like "kewl". When I'm driving I'm actually not thinking "wow I'm cool, and boy the people behind me prolly think so too" I think, "wow I bought the exact product that caught my eye and I'm happy it's on my car" A post or two ago someone said I hate these lights i dont want to be like everyone else.....i'm happy with my stock ones? so between the happy families and your elders driving around the same city as you....are you not just like them. There will never be a time when you have something that nobody else does. If i'm a ricer....please let me know? Maybe someone will get to me enough to replace my taillights with my stock ones....but then we'd be alike.....wouldn't want that now.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:38 PM   #37
Civicfrenzy

are we done arguing yet?
Old 12-04-2002, 09:48 PM   #38
Kyle
elyK

I say Do what you do because you want to...not what other people want from you, or what you think they want.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:07 PM   #39
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
1. just the fact that you spelled cool "kewl" tells me what kind of person you are.
2. a strict policy towards who can come and who can't is in place for my safety. i don't want stupid people there who will more than likely result in damage to me, my car, or my license.
3. by "organization" i meant the way you organize things, i do not belong to a street racing cult.
4. i do not think i would be surprised by how fast your civic is.
5. you say the problem is we are hating? i don't hate you or your car. I do not appreciate you.

I don't appreciate you telling me what I am and what I'm not simply because of a part on my car. For the number two comment that I quoted from you there, do you mean that people with slow cars are more dangerous than people with 10 sec. cars? It's dangerous anyways that you are out there racing on the streets. That in itself is bad for your safety, so why does it matter who is out there racing? I think that your too quick to judge people, or it seems that way to me. Because of the way that I spelled "kewl" can tell you what kind of person that I am?...whatever man! Your narrow minded man, and that's all there is to it.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:14 PM   #40
blind34_1

Wow. Rayzemup, I hope you're still listening to these responses. This shows you how passionate some people are about certain terms and issues in the tuner scene. I'm not going to clarify or argue anymore, because its all been said, over and over again.