.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #1
Platinum_Civic

Girlie Girl Racing.

Hey girls. I'm not sure if you read the post before this, but I'm Rachel and I just signed up today. Before I signed up though, I was reading through some of the past posts on a friends computer. One really stuck out at me and it was the posts about Girlie Girl Racing. I wanted to inform the girls of my story that are thinking about joining there club, but are not 100% sure yet. My story WILL be rather long, and might take a few posts to finish it all due to the limited space. Here's my story:
Last year around this time I was at a speed shop getting some parts installed. I had never been to this speed shop before and didn't know anyone working there, so I was surprised when the owner of the shop (a mid-aged female) invited me back to the shop later on that day to help the guys install my parts. I jumped on the innovation and joined them. To make a long story short, after hanging out at this speed for only an hour the owner of the shop pulled me aside and started to tell me how perfect I would be for GirlieGirl racing. She pumped my head up going on and on how "cool" Girlie Girl racing is and so on.
-- Story continued --
Old 06-15-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
Platinum_Civic

-- Story continued --
The owner of the speed shop gave me a card with HER name on it and the GirlieGirl racing icon, web address and main phone number for Girlie. I thought that was pretty cool and flew home to check out this "cool" club this lady was impressing me with. I get home and checked out there site looking at EVERYTHING from there message boards, chats, shirts, and the ever so famous new member sign up page - you know, the page where they say YOU GET ALL THIS FOR $50.00 down and a club fee every three months or so..( I'm not sure what it is now) Back then it was if you were a new member you got ONE "club" shirt and GirlieGirl Racing decal sticker - SMALL. I couldn't believe that this club was charging girls that much to be in there club, PLUS some sort of fee that GirlieGirl didn't want to post on there site.
ANYHOW, I talked over GirlieGirl with some friends of mine and decided I didn't care how much it was and joined anyhow because I was loving the whole bad ass chicks with bad ass car image. I joined, sent in my money order of $60.00
(Those b!tches taxed me) and almost FIVE weeks later I got my tee shirt the was WAY to big for me and my Girlie Girl decal that was the wrong color.
-- Story continued --
Old 06-15-2002, 01:16 PM   #3
Platinum_Civic

-- Story Continued -
I went and got the card that the lady from the speed shop gave me and called GirlieGirls main number to let them know they screwed up and I was sending the stuff back for the right tee and decal. I called them and some RUDE girl answered the phone and asked if I could hold for a minute. MANY minutes later the same girl took me off hold and I explained to her my problem. She told me to sent the stuff back and it would be another 4 to 8 weeks before I would get the right size shirt and decal. What choice did I have but to send the stuff back and wait some more..
About six weeks later I decided to go to an event that the club, GirlieGirl Racing, was going to be at. I walked up to there booth and said hello to my fellow members. Now, I didn't know this at he time, but the girls that were at this event were the girls at WORK in NJ at GirlieGirl Racing. These girls were total b!tches and there lucky I didn't smack there pretty faces around. I freakin spent $50.00 on there sh!t and the least they can do is tell me of future events and answer some of my questions.. but, they were all to bizzy hiking up there skirts to talk.
-- Story Continued --
Old 06-15-2002, 01:39 PM   #4
Platinum_Civic

-- Story Continued -
All I wanted to know from these girls how I could get the 10% off discount of parts for being a member. But, like I said, they were off in there own world worrying about how big there butts looked in there micro skirts and getting new members to sign up. I walked away really pissed off needless to say.
What I found out a few days later is the reason why those girls didn't care much to talk with me wasn't because they just didn't care, it was because they had a quota from HQ of how many girls they had to get signed up by the end of the day. I thought.. screw that. They didn't want to give a member five minutes of there time and answer my questions because there was that chance a new member could walk by? Oh, hell no.
I started really talking to people about the club and found out this: Girlie Girl Racing has over 10,000 members. About 75% of all the members in this club have imports and I think the number was 80% out of the 75% of import owners cars are stock. BUT, GirlieGirl doesn't care because all 10,000 plus members that have joined have given GirlieGirl $50.00 to join and there "monthly" fees.
Old 06-15-2002, 01:51 PM   #5
Platinum_Civic

There "club shirts" aren't even club only shirts. Anyone can buy them then and now. I didn't know this at the time but anyone could buy there team decals anywhere. Why the hell was I spending almost $10.00 for decals when I could go to any speed shop and pick the up for 3,4 or 5 dollars? I joined GirlieGirl to be apart of a team. There was nothing team like about GirlieGirl AT ALL. The girls in the club were VERY clickie - I felt like I was back in middle school and high school - many of the so-called members of the club that I would talk to didn't know JACK about there own cars, girls always fighting with other girls about image BS ( that's why they don't have thre message boards anymore). everyone talked sh!t about everyoen else.... my products I bought from them were late and wrong.
After 5 months of being a member, I wrote them and told them I was leaving and I sent back my tee shirt they resent me that was still to big ( Hard hard is it to send a size small?) and my still yet wrong color Girlie decal sticker. (First sticker they sent me was Blue, and the secound one was Yellow.. I drive a Silver car and I wanted silver or black. Was that really asking the "cool" club that much)
Old 06-15-2002, 02:01 PM   #6
Platinum_Civic

I'm really sorry posting so much. The whole point of the story is to stay away from GirlieGirl. They are not what Super Street makes them out to be. If your looking to be a member of an offline club, look around your area before you look at out of state clubs. A good way to find active offline clubs in your area is to go to www.Yahoo.com and click on GROUPS. Enter the name of your area and what kind of car you drive...
I hope my stooy hepled in some way. It's one thing to read about it and then to live it. Really think twice before you join GirlieGirl and if your a member of GirlieGirl good luck you you. I hope you don't go through the same BS as I.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:35 PM   #7
mt.biker

wow i'm glad they dont let guys sign up to this, i would have been a lot harsher then you at the booth *slap slap down goes teh dirty asshoe* hehe jokes

well at least you didn't give them anymore money think of all the dumb girls who are paying monthly fees
Old 06-15-2002, 04:49 PM   #8
xhondagirl

that really sucks.....thank god Im in a real club.. i did girliegirl too and omg it was a joke.....
r u in another club now?????
Old 06-16-2002, 12:31 AM   #9
Platinum_Civic

Yeah. I'm a member and one of the founders of an all girl team called Miss Behavin'. It's a club for girls that live in the MD/VA/DC area. The club is an all auto club welcoming both American and import cars doing show, racing and other car events. So far it's going along rather well, and unlike GirlieGirl racing we all get along and know eachother like a team should.
- If any girls that live in the area would like more information, E-mail me at QOHSgirl@aol.com - Platinum_civic ~*Rachel*~