::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 04:19 PM   #1
FLAT_LINER

street racing

im 15 (havent got my liscence yet) and i just started street racing with my friend and what i dont understand is that if its illegal then when the cops come they dont try to get anyone they just sit there with there lights on and watch everybody run. im not saying thats a bad thing
Old 04-24-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
BLu3xCiViC

they cant arrest people for watching only for loitering...only if they can prove you were racing they could arrest you or give u a fine...if there are hundreds of cars how will they kno you were racing....peace
Old 04-24-2002, 05:11 PM   #3
blownteggy

just be very careful out there. as a fellow streetracer(damn proud too), all i can say is think with your brain and not with your car. I've been through so much drama involved with streetracing i still don't know why i continue to do so. countless tickets, car was impounded, suspended license..name it all i've probably been there....the police usually come threre to break it up. it's rare to get caught in the act of racing. just be careful out there
Old 04-24-2002, 06:22 PM   #4
FLAT_LINER

i know dude once u go 1 time u r HOOKED trust me dude i know why u go.

1. the cars
2. the rush
3. hang out with people with the same love u have

thanx
Old 04-24-2002, 10:36 PM   #5
BLu3xCiViC

i agree with blownteggy....be careful...it can be addicting but u gotta think before you race...when i go to races i just watch...the only time i race is when we're at the track...play it safe....once in awhile i find myself on the streets with mindless people who wanna race me...i just think is it worth it....most of the times i'll hit the speed limit then slow down...it isnt worth getting caught for... even worse you could kill or injure innocent people....thatz my thoughts
Old 04-25-2002, 01:16 AM   #6
PabloHoney

I agree with BLu3xCiViC, street racing is ok, but racing is not made for the streets. It's ok to get on a little roll on here and there, but racing is better saved to the track. It just isn't worth the risk. I am not talking getting tickets either, I am talking risking the lives of others. It may sound cheesy, yes, but it can and does happen. And just for a bit of information, some states are passing laws so that spectators of street races can get tickets. Not sure what states, or if it's for sure true, but I have heard that some are trying for it. Just a little heads up. Racing is for the track, not the street.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:18 AM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PabloHoney
I agree with BLu3xCiViC, street racing is ok, but racing is not made for the streets. It's ok to get on a little roll on here and there, but racing is better saved to the track. It just isn't worth the risk. I am not talking getting tickets either, I am talking risking the lives of others. It may sound cheesy, yes, but it can and does happen. And just for a bit of information, some states are passing laws so that spectators of street races can get tickets. Not sure what states, or if it's for sure true, but I have heard that some are trying for it. Just a little heads up. Racing is for the track, not the street.

I agree 100%, though I'm a bit of a hypocrite at times.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:32 AM   #8
PabloHoney

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

I agree 100%, though I'm a bit of a hypocrite at times.

Yes, yes, we all get the urges once in a while =)
Old 04-25-2002, 02:20 AM   #9
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by PabloHoney

i couldnt have said it better myself... ive seen to many people killed at street races and i myself have had my car impounded ... even been arrested for being a spectator, its not fun calling someone to come bail you out and being on probation for months...but even worse is watching people die when it could have all been prevented had they just been on a legal track... if you spend the money to hook up your car why not spend that little extra cash for some extra safety when you race your baby and even get time slips to prove you kick ass!!!!
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:51 AM   #10
spoogenet

Save it for the track.

Some people wonder why cops pick on the custom rides and give them lots of tickets, or at least pull them over all the time. This thread explains one of the key reasons why. Cops, to some extent justifiably so, consider people who drive custom rides to be a bunch of kids who race on the street, breaking laws and endangering others. It gives us all a bad image to the public.

I wouldn't be surprised if states started passing more stringent laws on what's street legal to get some of the custom rides off the streets. It would be one way of tackling the problem, albeit an unfair one.

Exercise better judgement and race on the track. If part of your rush is breaking the law, find some other way to break the law that doesn't endager others and give us all a bad image. Driving on the roads legally is dangerous enough, there's no need to make it even more so.

b
Old 04-25-2002, 09:46 AM   #11
Honda_Gurl

so what are u supposed to do when there is no track around?? we have one here, but it's only open like once a week, during certain times of the year, they charge an arm and a leg to run once and they're far away. people here just set illegal races on a deserted street where no one is in harms way. i don't see the harm in going there. the only street racing i do have a problem with is the kind where people are racing in a lot of traffic where they're endagering the lives of everyone around. u just gotta learn to be smart about where u race, and know when to stop, even if it means losing. i've known a couple people who just didn't want to lose, so they don't slow down, and they end up crashing.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:05 PM   #12
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
so what are u supposed to do when there is no track around?? we have one here, but it's only open like once a week, during certain times of the year, they charge an arm and a leg to run once and they're far away. people here just set illegal races on a deserted street where no one is in harms way. i don't see the harm in going there. the only street racing i do have a problem with is the kind where people are racing in a lot of traffic where they're endagering the lives of everyone around. u just gotta learn to be smart about where u race, and know when to stop, even if it means losing. i've known a couple people who just didn't want to lose, so they don't slow down, and they end up crashing.

same stuff here too...the tracks we have are 2 hours away and biased towards imports. the SF bay area folks like me who do streetrace know the risk we take and so do the people who go out there to kick it. when i first started going, there was maybe 50-100 cars out. but now that the stupid fast and furious came out there are hundreds of people out. most of them are there to be "in!" those of us who are wiser than these people set up private races no one else knows about. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: BE SAFE OUT THERE
Old 04-25-2002, 03:00 PM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Damn it. How come Ohio sucks? I haven't seen any street racing "scene". The most I've seen is a ton of people hangin out by there cars.....
Old 04-25-2002, 03:10 PM   #14
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl

You make it sound like racing is a necessity.

Hey, if you want to risk your own life, and that of your car, that's fine with me. Racing is inherently risky whether it's on the track or not. It's just more risk when not on the track, I'd rather save it for the track. As long as you take reasonable precautions then it's not so bad, just don't put anybody else at risk.

I was primarily referring to racing in settings where the general public is around, such as taking off from lights, etc. Racing with a buddy on a truly deserted road....go for it. But if people are around, or could be around, don't do it.

Also be wise. That's a problem with many younger drivers who are so fascinated with racing, they don't have the experience that some older drivers may have, which can easily land one in a bind. Many of the younger drivers also lack the self discipline to be safe enough.

And don't be hating on the cop when he gives you a ticket or arrests you, afterall, he's just doin his job and you knew you were breaking the law.

b
Old 04-25-2002, 03:42 PM   #15
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
Also be wise. That's a problem with many younger drivers who are so fascinated with racing, they don't have the experience that some older drivers may have, which can easily land one in a bind. Many of the younger drivers also lack the self discipline to be safe enough.

That is so true. I just can't stand to see young, inexperienced drivers (I'm talking 16y.o. who just got their license) drive around like maniacs. They cause so many accidents its crazy.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #16
BLu3xCiViC

i used to go to street races where there would be hundreds of cars, and thats no fun when bad shiet happenz......if your racing on a deserted road where there are no people go for it i thinks thats fine and its more fun when u set up races at the track when you and your friends hang out and not have to worry about cops......DON'T RACE in traffic or the HIGHWAY...DON'T SHOWOFF crazy accidents happen when people dont think....
Old 04-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #17
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet

You make it sound like racing is a necessity.

didn't mean to, because personally i DON'T think it's a necessity. but i mean, aren't most people on this board trying to make their cars faster? whats the point of making your car fast if u can't race it? this is exactly why i rarely race PERIOD, and am working on my car show wise, and not speed. but there's a lot of peeps around here to do fix their car up for speed and need a place to test/play/run with it. those are the kind of people that i'm talking about going to race in deserted streets. i do race once in a while (it's very rare), but i'm always safe about where to do it, and i know my limits...
Old 04-25-2002, 06:45 PM   #18
tightteg52

TO each there own! but to all the "street racers" please be safe about it! You may kill my future wife! Thats what i tell myself if i start drivin to fast! Also think of the kids lives that are at risk!! Now the organized ones i dont think there is anything wrong as long as everyone knows whats goin on and ppl dont try stupid shit!