::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2002, 02:48 PM   #1
ShEaNy

Adventures with the new CD deck...

Well im finally back after the christmas break from the computer....the only thing i got for the car was a panasonic deck...so far its 50/50 with it....some things good and bad....good: looks nice...finally i have a CD deck....etc...Bad: blew a fuse....(replace with double amp..7.5 to a 15), it gets SO hot when play for a long time....screws up when it tries to play SLightly scratched CDs........I still have to read the book..about how to set it up properly..it pumps the factory speakers pretty good...overall i like it....oh yea and its got a nice little remote...so if im to lazy to reach 6 inches from the wheel to change something..just keep the remote in hand and do it from there....hehehehe.....i was thinking of trying to install a real small fan behind it to keep it cool......anyone done this before?...think its a good idea? thanks....feels good to be back....Happy New Years to everyone...ill be away till tomorrow..leaving at 4....bye
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:51 PM   #2
firstgeardude

cool... what model of panasonic deck?
Old 12-31-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
ShEaNy

i cant remember the whole name..ill check later all the shit is in the garage..lol im to lazy and its freaking cold out..brrrrr
Old 12-31-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

theres a reason they put a 7.5 fuse in, i'd check your connections, your going to burn your deck out fast if you dont figure out whats causing it to heat up

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:12 PM   #5
ShEaNy

well..i thought it was just the position its in...like 3 inches..below the vents....and i have the heat on always (winter)...the book says make sure its in a some where air can circulate....but this spot is the only one where it will go in...right where the factory deck..was....plus the book said i could put a 15amp fuse in for it....when i turned the volume to 35 on the 7.5 it just went dead...with the 15 i went to 38 but no farther....didnt want to blow anything...
Old 12-31-2002, 03:56 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Don't replace the fuse with higher amperage fuse! Fix the problem instead. Like Chris said, they didn't put a 7.5 accidentally.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:03 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

mine gets pretty damn hot too but thats because its high wattage. i still use the 7.5 fuse but i have the option of turning off the players own amp and using a 4 ch which would keep it a hell of a lot cooler...i just have to stop being lazy about it and start ripping the interior apart to do it...im just so tired after the fiasco w/ the suspension i dont think ill want to do any "civic duties" any time soon:o
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:44 PM   #8
ShEaNy

k so y would the book say....15AMp Fuse.... .... what else would the problem be then!? **** i gota read the rest of that book.. :o