::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2001, 11:42 PM   #1
ThunderousTalon

Tore up a 2.5RS

well i was on 417 today, crusin along about 80 or so. i get these bright ass lights blazin in my rear view and side view slowed down to about 60 get the sob next to me to see what he wanted, turned out to be a subaru impreza 2.5RS. he pulls around me, gets next to me starts yellin, asking me if my car is turbo. i shoke my head no and he asked if i wanted to go. i am game for anything especially top end races, just the adrenal rush of high speeds i guess. so i throw it into 3rd he honks his horn and on 3 we go, naturally cause he was the one honking the horn he got the jump in the begining. not even a second goes by i start gaining. so at about 75mph my bumper is at his front wheel, by 80 we are bumper to bumper and i just held it there make it look like i was trying and being an asshole so at a lil over 100mph i through it into 4th and kick it with him till about 110mph and said **** it, its not fun anymore, and just left him. l from what i could tell he had an intake and exhaust at the least. those cars are totally not geared for that kinda racing and that weight kills them up top. as much as i love em AWD needs to stick to off the line races...
Old 10-28-2001, 08:31 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good kill..

I agree man... The 2.5RS really isnt the topend race machine.. They look kinda cool though... There are a couple boosted ones around here, that I would love to see how fast they run in the 1/4..
Old 10-28-2001, 11:29 AM   #3
KaptainMike

Exellente sean! Those look to be intimidating cars, imo.

:: good job
Old 11-05-2001, 02:13 PM   #4
Matrix

Sweeet, dude!
Must have been a fun race, leaving him like that. Yeah, the AWD gets pretty parasitic at high speeds, eats up a lot of power.
I hear the new WRX is pretty good at top end, though. I raced one in the 1/4 mile, but have yet to run into one for a highway encounter...
Old 11-05-2001, 03:22 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Re: Tore up a 2.5RS

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderousTalon
i am game for anything especially top end races, just the adrenal rush of high speeds i guess.

ahhh agreed.....real fast at high speeds....phew..I think i lost my breath reading it

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 01:18 PM   #6
VTC_CiViC

Word to the wise.. should you encounter a 2.5RS w/ a FMIC, run! It's a dirty rumor in the Suby camp that the 2.5 makes for a far more friendly turbo plant than the current WRX we have here, interesting isn't it!
Old 11-14-2001, 04:58 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

uhhhh what's up with your front bumper????
how kome it's not the same kolor as your kar?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 11-14-2001, 09:42 PM   #8
TragikTSi

My talon is krazy fast at top end..... AWD rules........
Old 11-15-2001, 08:49 AM   #9
97lude

The new WRX's aren't really that quick top end. I started at ones bumper and pulled even with him from about 90 to 120(4th gear run). It was stock, so I'm sure a little raise in boost would cure that problem.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:57 PM   #10
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Im kinda pissed that they didn't make the newe wrx's in 2 door. WHY?