::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
sc0rch

97 civic HX vs 95 EX

ok...my idiot friend thinks hes hot shit right....he has this wore out 97 civic HX with SPRAY PAINTED body molding and a "fancy" tribal thing on the hood.....thinks hes hot shit....car looks like complete poo......but it's a stick and he has a air intake from autozone or some place like that and mine is auto with no mods(just got it last friday)....well he used to say he swaped engines with his to a Vtech something or other.....blah blah........well today he thought he'd be cool and race me so i said sure just for the hell of it.....so we went out on this country road and stoped while his brother got out to tell us when to go.....we both left at about the same time and bu the time my car had shifted ITSELF into 3rd i had him by 1/2 a length...i let it rev almost to redline then shifted it into 4th (overdrive or whatever) and looked over and saw him slowing down.....so i let off and stoped...turned around to see what was up.....his timing belt snaped and i'm guessing because he kept trying to start it every valve in the head is trashed among other things......it was all i had to keep from laughing since the same thing happend to me in my 85 civic i had when i was 17....but if it wasnt for that i think i had him all the way.....
Old 01-12-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

That sucks about his timing belt. Nice kill

And the HX models do have VTEC. Its VTEC-E. Operates slightly different from traditional VTEC. Regardless you should be able to beat him by a little bit.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:42 AM   #3
Civic94Ex

His motor is a non-interference motor, no valve damage from a blown timing belt.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
jwilk95EXCIV

nice kill. my pain goes out to your friend.

PS. nice car you got.