::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2003, 04:50 PM   #1
cashizslick

Sick Night at the Races!!!

I had a sick night at the races yesterday. I raced with some other honda people in this empty industrial park.

First 2 races were me verses an lsvtec powered CRX. This thing was fast, but since the owner was still running a crx ecu and stock crx tires, i beat him both times (just barely).

Then i raced this other kid who has the us version of my motor in his 92 coupe - i beat him by about 1 - 1/2 a car length.

Tonite i am going back to have some more fun - wish me luck.

BTW, i never new how common it was to see GSR motors in Civic's. Out of the 7 hondas that were with us, 6 had engine swaps (including mine).
Old 09-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
Grip72

sounds like fun man, just don't do anything stupid in that park. You dont want to be on the 6oclock news for ANY reason...enjoy
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #3
cashizslick

Very true, i will do my best to be safe - thanks.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:20 PM   #4
sohc_vtec 2NR

good luck and nice kills
Old 09-20-2003, 11:51 PM   #5
94 civic jdmD15b

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Very true, i will do my best to be safe - thanks.

Were did you get your motor, and what kind of money did you spend. Im tired of my swap, and would love to get a b16. I have a jdm d15b stage 3 Vtec 142Ps now.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:09 AM   #6
cashizslick

Well, tonite was fun too.

That CRX fixed up his car and i got beaten by him (he is still not at full power, cause of his ecu, but he rewired his VTEC, and is runnin much better.)

I also lost 2 times in a row to this hatch that had a GSR swap with ITR cams / rods /Pistons. I lost by 2 car lengths to him (he jumped the gun on me the second time, but i dont think it woulda mattered).
Old 09-21-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Well, tonite was fun too.

That CRX fixed up his car and i got beaten by him (he is still not at full power, cause of his ecu, but he rewired his VTEC, and is runnin much better.)

I also lost 2 times in a row to this hatch that had a GSR swap with ITR cams / rods /Pistons. I lost by 2 car lengths to him (he jumped the gun on me the second time, but i dont think it woulda mattered).

that hatch sounds pretty mean. you're gonna need a little more to take that guy. what kind of tires was he using?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:32 PM   #8
cashizslick

That Hatch had these stupid 19" rims on it.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:18 PM   #9
silver

ouch, you got beat by the bling bling!!!!nooooooo

get a sneaky pete and take him again and don't let him know that you got it, serves him right.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:38 PM   #10
cashizslick

You know, i dont think racing is such a good idea - i had fun, way too much fun. The rush of the races, and the rush from all 70 hondas jumping on the highway to get away from the cops - incredible - i have always wanted to do this.

I had fun, too much fun - i could get really hurt or crash my car or get arrested if i make this a habit of mine - i better stop now, while i am ok - i know if i crashed my car or hit somebody i would never forgive myself, its not worth that to me.

Im still gonna streetrace, but i will not do it this often, because i do not wanna get into trouble from it - the next time i race, it will be where there are not very many people, so its not hotboxed.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:22 PM   #11
silver

yeah it is kinda addicting to have that feeling, is it intelligent, no, but what can you do? you can only hope that it's a faraway place where no one can get hurt but the participants if at all. just be smart and safe and get a turbo

Old 09-22-2003, 05:38 PM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

sounds good about that system u are selling does that price include shipping or not?
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:37 PM   #13
LaNRoVeR

Sup man

cashizslick,

How do you like that swap man, I'm thinking about doing the samething. When vtec hits do you feel it alot more on the b16 then you did on the stock ex? One more thing can you beat 93 Prelude Si's? My friend has the lude, and I want to hurt his feelings with my civic : D. Hows the engine run once you got it in did you have to do alot of tweeking w/ the engine to get it running good? Is it your daily driver, cause I mines going to be my daily driver as well as a street race here, and there...
Old 10-21-2003, 02:36 PM   #14
cashizslick

Re: Sup man

Quote:
Originally posted by LaNRoVeR
cashizslick,

How do you like that swap man, I'm thinking about doing the samething. When vtec hits do you feel it alot more on the b16 then you did on the stock ex? One more thing can you beat 93 Prelude Si's? My friend has the lude, and I want to hurt his feelings with my civic : D. Hows the engine run once you got it in did you have to do alot of tweeking w/ the engine to get it running good? Is it your daily driver, cause I mines going to be my daily driver as well as a street race here, and there...

This car is my daily driven baby - its an animal compared to my car/the old ex motor. Today i had to put my stock wheels back on cause its gonna be snowing here soon, and it was a little wet out - the car spun the tires to the redline threw gears 1,2,and 3 - now thats not bad.
There was no special tweeking that needed to be done with the engine - except replacing the bad igniter that it kame with. - feel free to PM me about this