Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

How Low Can I Gohahah

seriously....i want 17" rims....for show....i have steelies fori drang ravcign...haha......anwyasters....can I fit 17 inches for show......and how lonw cnaone sudue gohere.c[pl;les help me chtnaksx....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 02:57 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

How 'bout a translation tomorrow morning... err maybe more like tomorrow afternoon

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

dude you musta got ****ed up...lol

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

hahahahahah
oh that's sooo funny!!!!
that's soo soo funny.....i was soo messed up last night....it was soo soo fun!!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 01-01-2003, 02:51 PM   #5
ShEaNy

lol care to tell us what u were trying to say...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
lol care to tell us what u were trying to say...

oh yeah
whoops
ok my friend works in a tire shop....and the guys at american racing/motegi/ told him to tell me not to put 17" on my car. They said that NO way will they fit....and even if they do fit...no way will I be able to turn or anything. I was trying to ask if 17's can fit on a sol and how bad they are on it with turning and lowering and blah blah blah...

Old 01-01-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

lmao dude.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:38 PM   #8
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

17"s are fine, 18s require work

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:44 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I don't want 18's
just 17's

Old 01-02-2003, 01:11 AM   #10
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
oh yeah
whoops
ok my friend works in a tire shop....and the guys at american racing/motegi/ told him to tell me not to put 17" on my car. They said that NO way will they fit....and even if they do fit...no way will I be able to turn or anything. I was trying to ask if 17's can fit on a sol and how bad they are on it with turning and lowering and blah blah blah...

I see 17s all the time on sols. I have even seen quite a few 18s, but that is OT. I have every intention of slamming my sol once I get some body work done, so I have been doing some homework. Still have a lot to find out, though. Basically, what I have found out so far is that going over a 4" drop on 17s is bad for lots of suspension parts. Air bag suspension would allow for a good slam job, but you have to be careful about which system you get. Lots of people I know with them took them off their cars because they were expensive to maintain. Plus, they are expensive to begin with.

Right now I am looking into coilovers for a 3" drop and I am still trying to find lowered shocks (which you will need if you drop your ride). Tokico sells a nice adjustable package I am looking into. I will keep you updated with what I find out. Nothing short of perfection on my sol.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol's Eye
I see 17s all the time on sols. I have even seen quite a few 18s, but that is OT. I have every intention of slamming my sol once I get some body work done, so I have been doing some homework. Still have a lot to find out, though. Basically, what I have found out so far is that going over a 4" drop on 17s is bad for lots of suspension parts. Air bag suspension would allow for a good slam job, but you have to be careful about which system you get. Lots of people I know with them took them off their cars because they were expensive to maintain. Plus, they are expensive to begin with.

Right now I am looking into coilovers for a 3" drop and I am still trying to find lowered shocks (which you will need if you drop your ride). Tokico sells a nice adjustable package I am looking into. I will keep you updated with what I find out. Nothing short of perfection on my sol.

thanks man..
yeah I'm ordering Tein's as soon as I get a little more cash. So the guys at AR don't konw shit then....cool with me...

Old 01-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #12
crxb16hybrid

No they know there shit ......They just dont recomend it ......The bigger you go on the wheel the less room you have for travel....
Old 01-03-2003, 11:19 AM   #13
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
thanks man..
yeah I'm ordering Tein's as soon as I get a little more cash. So the guys at AR don't konw shit then....cool with me...

If you get Tein coilovers, make sure you get the SS and not the HA. There are a few problems with the HA that they fixed in the SS. And I read a lot of reviews, and most people seem to prefer Ground Control coilovers over Teins. They are cheaper than Teins, too. Just FYI.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:47 AM   #14
foxygrandma

my opinion is that 17"s look dumb on just about any honda. im not trying to bash you or anyone else, im sure you have your reasons for it. they will fit just fine and you could drop it 3" with no problem. the ride would be really rough though. but each their own
Old 01-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #15
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Derek, you can run 17s safely with 205/40/17 tires and up to a 3" drop. I am running the aformentioned and if I were to go 1mm lower the tires would be rubbing like crazy. You will however rub when you have the steering wheel turned all the way, but how often does that happen? Happy slammin and blingin to you. I'm selling my Motegi 17's if you are interested. The tires are brand new, less then 500 miles on them. Probably around 250 to be exact.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:25 PM   #16
diligent_dave

17's are no problem. I wouldn't say 18's 'require work'. It depends on what width tire you run. But even 205's will rub. Livable though if you want big boys.