::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2002, 08:03 PM   #1
DaInfamousCrx

Dillema!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know what to do!Now I own a 88 Crx thats a little beat and I can get another One thats mint its black exhaust system everything!But I dont get a title with it im buying it from a Tow lot they got it in cuz it was stolen!The insurance company told them they could get rid of it!So they are gonna sell it to me!Now the kid it was stolen from lives rite down the street from me he got paid off but He still said that he was gonna steal it from the tow lot!Now I was gonna take the title from my beat crx and switch vin plates and Drive the black one now I dont know if thats illegal but I own both cars and Im a affraid that if i do it he will call the cops and say thats his car they cant take the car cuz I have a reciept but I dont wanna get into trouble but I want the car!I dont see stripping a mint car for my beater just over a title What would you guys do?I dont know what to do!
Give me sum oppinions what you guys would do!
Lata.
Juan
Old 12-18-2002, 10:01 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

can't you get like a salvage title ? i know you can get one in michingan and OH

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 10:02 PM   #3
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Dude, forget about it. Changing the vin plates is a serious offense and you can actually get screwed to the point of jail time if they suspect the car is stolen. Don't ever buy a car without a title. tell the tow yard and insurance company to get a duplicate title made for the car and then talk about buying it from them.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 PM   #4
DaInfamousCrx

Well If I do that they said with a total its gonna cost me like a grand!Without like $200!I Dunno what to do Ill prolly just gut it and fix my car!I get a reciept for the car tho when i buy it!So I mean its my car!I cant get a salvage title!They would have too!And if I buy the car from them then its totally legal even though the kid has a title for it he still cant get it back!
I dunno
Old 12-19-2002, 11:35 AM   #5
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Try talking to the kid down the street about getting the title from him. Maybe you two can work something out so the car will be legal. Just cover your arse.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:03 PM   #6
blind34_1

First I'd say this sounds like trouble. ANd like everyone else is sayin, watch your back.

My suggestion is: paint the car! True, it doesn't solve the whole no title thing, but at least dude down the street won't think its his. Take it sraight from the junkyard to Maaco or someone cheap. Take off anything that makes the car unique also. And after he forgets about it for a while ( acouple months) if you are so inclined switch the vins. Then your title will be for the new crx (this is still illegal, though.)

get a good alarm system.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:00 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I wouldn't touch that car

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:46 PM   #8
DaInfamousCrx

Im just gonna wait and see what my boi at the Tow Yard says and If i get it for cheap then I'll just drive my beater around for winter and then keep working on that car and then when the car is all pretty and Its Sunny outside I'll switch vins and See what happens worse that can happen is i'll get a fine I mean I will totally in a court of law own the car cuz I get all the documents from the tow yard so If anything happens ill just strip it for my Project Beater!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:22 PM   #9
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Actually you can get arrested and prosecuted for swapping vins on a car. It's a major offense. You can do 3 years in prison for that. Trust me I know someone who was busted.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:26 AM   #10
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Use common sense...If the guy was paid in full by his insurance...His insurance has the title...An insurance company does not give any pay offs for a total loss, unless they recieve a title. The junker should have the insurance info...if not, Get the vin number and go to one of those online vin/title history check...It cost about $15 to $20 to do so, but you will get all of the info you need. If the car was indeed stolen and the guy was paid off, the car now belongs to the insurance company, or the insurance company sold/released it to the junker.

In other words, Don't buy the car unless someone gives you a title. Salvage or whatever...The they might sell it to you then tow that ***** back to their junker and act like nothing happened...There is a lot of shady people out there, If a deal seems to good to be true, then they throw in a curve ball (in your situation...a missing title), than its not all good...

You hear me knockin?
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 04:01 PM   #11
crxb16hybrid

Buy the car strip it and turn it into a drag only project car .....Then use the extra parts to fix up your beater......Thats what we do any ways....Or sell all the parts on ebay and make some extra cash to dumb into your new project
Old 12-29-2002, 02:43 AM   #12
pissedoffsol

think of who's car it was- and how fuct it is to steal other peoples cars.

If people like YOU didn't BUY stolen parts, i doubt there would be a market for stolen parts, and then, car theiving will die, cuz its not profitable anymore.

get my point?

your just as much a theif- even if you pay for it.
if you buy it, i hope your car gets stolen, so you can know what it feels like to wake up one morning and think, shit, where did I park... ohhh shit....
yeah, it sucks.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:23 PM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol

If people like YOU didn't BUY stolen parts, i doubt there would be a market for stolen parts, and then, car theiving will die, cuz its not profitable anymore.

get my point?

if you buy it, i hope your car gets stolen, so you can know what it feels like to wake up one morning and think, shit, where did I park... ohhh shit....
yeah, it sucks.

yeah dude!!!
I agree with you 100%
It sucks waking up in the morning at 6:30 to go to work and finding nothing but broken glass sitting on your driveway!!!!
Or it sucks when you get in an accident and the tow truck company holds your car till your insurance adjuster gets to look at it and when he does look at it your missing windows, wing, and other krap.

Get my point?
haha I hate thieves!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:55 AM   #14
pissedoffsol

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
It sucks waking up in the morning at 6:30 to go to work and finding nothing but broken glass sitting on your driveway!!!!

damn, you have amateurs near you then!! you are lucky if you can find tire tracks in the snow in my neck of the woods.

my buddy down the street-
AUTO eclipse
oem alarm
aftermarket alarm

they still stole it

now, tell me-
HOW do you move an auto car without the key? it won't leave park.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:07 AM   #15
DaInfamousCrx

Wow you guys are totally missing the point!The tow Yard now owns the car seeing that the Insurance company Paid the kid off and now he is driving a 00' Neon!The only reason that I am able to buy the car is that My buddy works at the tow Yard and the insurance company doesnt wanna Pay the tow bill!So they have to scrap the car so its either I buy the car or it goes to a shreader!Get my Point!
The kid was also trying to sell me the car anyways!
Just so Happens now Im gonna get it for $200 or $300 versus $1700

And the people that stole ur boi's car the eclipse they were Pro's they Had a Tow Truck!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:10 AM   #16
DaInfamousCrx

Quote:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol

get my point?

yeah, it sucks.

Dood im not stealing anything the kid no longer owns it!And if ya dont like the topic dont post in it!