Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2001, 09:12 AM   #1
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Terrorism Attacks Today!!!

I work in the airline business so today I was hit hard. This is very devistating to everyone. For those who don't know, 3 planes hijacked. 2 hit the World Trade Center Towers and 1 hit the Pentagon. 1 tower has already collapsed.
At this point I don't know if I want to go to work. Not just today, but ever again.

Please pray with me for all the injured and killed.
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 09:18 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

There is also something about a 4th plane at the Whitehouse??

Both of the Twin Towers have collapsed.. This is a Tragedy!!!

Last edited by Racing Rice : 09-11-2001 at 09:38 AM.
Racing Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 09:39 AM   #3
DelSolLover

Both Towers are down now, the Trade Center is destroyed... Who thinks we're going to war?? What a Sh*tty day! Man this is pretty scary...

~Morgan
Old 09-11-2001, 09:48 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im glad I didnt have to go on any business trips today.???!!! This is awful. I dont think its done either.I think its only going to get worse today. They are saying there maybe be a few more plains that have been highjacked as well. There are a few planes still missing it sounds like..
Old 09-11-2001, 11:14 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Im glad I didnt have to go on any business trips today.???!!! This is awful. I dont think its done either.I think its only going to get worse today. They are saying there maybe be a few more plains that have been highjacked as well. There are a few planes still missing it sounds like..

There is concern about flight 175 from Boston to LA..

Man I pray that there arent anymore deaths.

:(
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 11:37 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

How in the world do they highjack so many planes???
Old 09-11-2001, 11:46 AM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
How in the world do they highjack so many planes???

I know sad isnt it..

Shows that the almighty US gov has its flaws.

But I just feel so sorry for all the people that had to die in the process..

Old 09-11-2001, 12:00 PM   #8
hondafetish

There are 4 planes down, 2 in New York, 1 in Washington and 1 went down just outside of Pittsburgh (or is in Penn.?). United and American lost 2 planes each. I'm in the Yukon, and I can't beleive this s**t. And don't forget the car bomb outside the state department.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:26 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

ok, but now there's something else thats not very good..

All flights are redirected to Canada.

hmm, does that mean the CN Tower is going down?!

Old 09-11-2001, 12:41 PM   #10
Boosted3g

Yeah man it has been really messed up on this side of the country. I was in the PA capitol buiding today and there was mad security. Cops were checking inside everyones car ans stuff. I guess you cant be too careful. They later ended up just closing everything around here. Banks, schools, and all federal or government offices. Its a true shame and i hoep the persons responsible are delt with ten fold.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:54 PM   #11
hondafetish

All planes in the air are being directed to Canada, true...but who the hell would waste their time on the CN Tower? Also, don't forget that the borders are closed.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:48 PM   #12
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by hondafetish
All planes in the air are being directed to Canada, true...but who the hell would waste their time on the CN Tower? Also, don't forget that the borders are closed.

I know, but imagine if they decided to attack Canada as well..

As for the borders, I dont quiet understand..
When you're flying a plain, I dont think borders matter that much..
Or did i miss something?

Old 09-11-2001, 02:03 PM   #13
hondafetish

I just meant that they also closed all the borders for added security, nothing else. But check this s**t out...I live in a town with under 30,000 people. We currently have 2 Korean jumbo jets at our airport, one is an air cargo flight, and one is an allegedly hijacked jet. We also have Alaskan F-15s and Canadian CF-18s flying overhead. We might also be expecting more flights today as these flights are being rerouted. All of our schools and federal buildings are closed and people are freaked out! This is too much!!
Old 09-11-2001, 03:36 PM   #14
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by hondafetish
I just meant that they also closed all the borders for added security, nothing else. But check this s**t out...I live in a town with under 30,000 people. We currently have 2 Korean jumbo jets at our airport, one is an air cargo flight, and one is an allegedly hijacked jet. We also have Alaskan F-15s and Canadian CF-18s flying overhead. We might also be expecting more flights today as these flights are being rerouted. All of our schools and federal buildings are closed and people are freaked out! This is too much!!

hijacked jet.. Damn, if thats true..

The situation is definately getting more intense..
---------------------------------

One of my brother's classmates was in NY on vacation, and well he was killed..

So sad.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:57 PM   #15
Wookie

For those who haven't seen, here's some pics (jpg) and vids (mpg)

http://www.thehourly.com/wtc/
Old 09-11-2001, 04:25 PM   #16
hondafetish

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
ok, but now there's something else thats not very good..

All flights are redirected to Canada.

hmm, does that mean the CN Tower is going down?!

CN Tower is now officially closed
Old 09-11-2001, 08:01 PM   #17
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, I went to work today. Because all airports across the US are closed their was still some work to do. I was watching the news the whole day finding new updates. To tell the truth, I believe we are going to war. That ben laden person must be stopped before more caos arrises. Gas prices are going to skyrocket within the next few days.

All and all, still no death count but we expect it to be huge. The USA suffered a terrible loss today and the people will always be remembered. R.I.P to everyone who was killed.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-11-2001, 08:53 PM   #18
civic_minded

I'll go ahead and confirm the total. There were four planes hi-jacked. 2 hit the towers, 1 hit the pentagon, and one crashed 85 miles from Camp David in Penn. There has also been reports of a bomb threat onboard a Delta 767 at LAX airport. For those "DELTA" employees. Although that has not been confirmed yet to this moment. Also the entire airline industry has been shut down untill at least 1200 on 9/12. I hope this doen't mess up anyones future plans for NOPI NATS.......

R.I.P to the flight crews that have been lost as well as all the others..........
Old 09-11-2001, 09:28 PM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Its a sad day. This attack was very cowardly. But it just shows that the US should take the threats it receives very seriously. They Al-Qaeda that Bin Laden heads up declared war on the US about 9 years ago when they bombed the WTC.

-WTC Bombing
-USS Cole Attack
-US Embassy Bombings in Africa
-WTC Plane Attacks
-Pentagon Plane Attacks

Its a shame that we rode so high on our horse. It has caused us a great amount of loss. Though not much can be done to protect against terrorists who are willing to die for their cause.

Bin Laden FBI Profile
Al-Qaeda
Text of Fatwah Urging Jihad Against Americans

Last edited by Addict : 09-11-2001 at 09:31 PM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 09:34 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Oh and here's quote from his declaration of War on the US.....

Quote:
We -- with G O D's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in G O D and wishes to be rewarded to comply with G O D's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it.

Quote:
The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies--civilians and military--is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim

Pretty serious sounding to me. Too bad the government didn't think so....
Old 09-11-2001, 09:49 PM   #21
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

yeah, its pretty sad. 9 days ago, a close person to Bin Laden leaked information to us officials that he was planning something serious against the US soon. I guess they didn't believe that something was going to happen. This is a major security failure if you ask me. After what this man has done over the years and for us to not take seriously his threats. He must be taken out.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-11-2001, 09:50 PM   #22
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Just dug up yet another tidbit......

http://www.abcnews.com/sections/worl...ain980610.html

Shows what he has contributed to and when..... Very good....
Old 09-11-2001, 10:08 PM   #23
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Yet another article you have dug up. Who are you Murphy Brown? J/K Maybe you should forward those articles to someone in the whitehouse. Maybe they will get the message. To me, it just seems like we were caught with our pants down. Just like Pearl Harbor.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-11-2001, 10:19 PM   #24
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

The only difference is that we knew about them declaring war on us. We should have gotten out of the "we are invincible" mode.

I'm not sure which angers me more. The fact that this could have possibly been prevented or the fact that it happened.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:20 PM   #25
importboi22

i beleive soo becuz they posted a number for army reserves to call THIS SUX my best friend is gonna be leaving soon!
Old 09-11-2001, 10:26 PM   #26
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

2 of my fellow workers are in the reserves. It sucks cause they might be leaving soon. I hope if they do go, that they come back alright.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-11-2001, 11:12 PM   #27
HeartnSol

I live in Indiana, and the town I live in in the southern part has Crane near by. It is the Naval Surface Warfare Center. They make alot of the ammunition for the Navy. It's mostly civilian ran. They completely closed it down except for military personel only. My father workes there. But he is on travel right now for 3 weeks in Hawaii at the navel base there. This is going on the second week and now this happens. We here at home are really conserned for his safe return soon. I definatly know how everyone feels right now. I too hope this gets resolved soon.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:30 AM   #28
99integraLS

Well I have been watching this on TV all day for 15 hours and I am still just in shock. The fact that we let 2 plains crash into the twin towers then another into the pentagon shows how slack our security is. At least 800 killed at the pentagon and an estimated 15,000 or more killed in WTC attack. If and when we find who is responsible we are going to war. I also found something very interesting I thought you might all want to see.

plane flight numbers: 11, 93, 175, 77

Todays date: 11
Tomarrows date: 9+3 = 12
Thursday: 1+7+5 = 13
Friday: 7+7 = 14

Look at the flight numbers and the number adds to make the date. Also the date is 911.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:53 AM   #29
crx

Oh my hell! 99integraLS, I hope you arent on to anything here! I hope that is merely a coinsidence rather than the first hint to just the beginning of a four day terror!
Old 09-12-2001, 06:45 AM   #30
94SiSQO

i am in australia and i found out of this sad news today...

my sincere condolences to all you who have lost friends and family :(

it is so sad, unfortunate and depressing that so many innocent ppl were killed pointlessly... i wish that those who have missing friends and family, that they are safe and well.

my friend's father works in the WTC, and hasnt been able to get in contact with his father... i hope his father made it out alive too...

my thoughts go out to all of you who have friends and family involved in this incident... and my prayers go out for all those innocent ppl who were killed...

Old 09-12-2001, 08:27 AM   #31
Chief
Banned

How You Can Help

According to the Red Cross, the most important need is blood. You can call 800-GIVE LIFE, which is mobilizing a national blood drive. You will be told where in your area you can donate blood.

You can also call your local Red Cross chapter to find out other ways you might be able to help the victims of this terrorist attack.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:59 PM   #32
thermal
Banning Machine

i'm so pissed for what happened. i'm in the NAVY for 10 years now and i've never seen anything like this. our security is here.........(can't discussed). i hope we find a way to get back. all i can say is ....PAY BACK is a bi#^&(*!!!!!!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 07:41 PM   #33
grl_racer

i have already given blood, and said my prayers for the family and friends of victims.

Yesterday was a sad day, but with all the leads we have, we will get the cowards that did it.. and like you said.. paybacks are a (insert bad word here)

all i can say, the man behind all this.. may hate America.. but I would be scared sh*tless right now to have everyone in America hate me.

If you all didnt know, the last attack on the WTC, the man behind that was supposed to be sentenced today at the court house, right there next to the WTC buildings.

Anyway, keep your heads up, and prayers strong for those who have suffered through this.

Lets not ever forget what we lost in NYC and DC on 9-11
(what a day... 9-11...... 9-1-1)
Old 09-12-2001, 08:39 PM   #34
90civiclxryder

the resevoir where new york city gets their water from is 5 min away from me theres tons of cops around it now, and i heard the national guard was there. my condolences to everyone effected by this horrible incident
Old 09-14-2001, 01:03 AM   #35
azn_nite_ryder

we are at war... and as Bush said.. they messed with the wrong enemy.... i hope that Bin laden gets whats comming to him
what a dink head....
Old 09-15-2001, 02:58 PM   #36
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by azn_nite_ryder
we are at war... and as Bush said.. they messed with the wrong enemy.... i hope that Bin laden gets whats comming to him
what a dink head....

Agreed, I hope the true ennemy gets it big time.

Old 09-15-2001, 03:58 PM   #37
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Trust me, the enemy will get whats coming to them. They will pay. Hopefully, the innocent people will not be harmed. But in war, things do tend to happen.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-15-2001, 06:19 PM   #38
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
Trust me, the enemy will get whats coming to them. They will pay. Hopefully, the innocent people will not be harmed. But in war, things do tend to happen.

From what i've gathered, the kill should be fairly clean.

I think Bush said that this will be a moderne war.. I dont think he's aiming to erase Afghanistan (spelling?) off the map.

Old 09-18-2001, 06:53 PM   #39
adam

Bush, powell, cheney... big 3 deciding on the war. reminiscent of the early 90s involving bush sr., powell, and cheney on the gulf war?