Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

What would you do?

Ok...so...ummmm...I just got fired. Yeah. Thing is, I should not have been fired. Allow me to extrapolate:

I worked in a call center as a team supervisor. Apparently, I was making requests for some attendance exceptions to my superiors (due to malfunctioning equipment that caused me to show as being late when I wasn't) that were not getting entered. In the past when I had entered exception requests I never heard back...they just did it. Then my manager pulls me into a meeting and tells me I have all these occurances (if you've never had a job on the "occurance" system, you're a lucky bastard). I politely disagreed and said that all of the occurances had exceptions either in or pending. She claimed there was no record of them and I had deleted almost all of the sent emails because...well...it'd never been a problem before. So then the bitch fired me and basically told me I had no recourse blah blah blah. I filed a termination greivance with our HR company (they actually outsource their HR department, but whatever). Anybody have any other ideas as to what I can do? I didn't exactly love my job, but it was easy and paid well. I'd kind of like to get it back, if for no other reason than a middle finger to the company.

Spite kicks ass. Oh yeah...and I'm furiously pissed right now. Who has the alcohol?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
VR4_Craver
Banned

And I expect to see your ass on the 6 o'clock news too.

but really....man that sucks. Couldnt you just ask the people that you send your exceptions too to forward all them to your supervisor so he can tell your not lying?
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Actually I sent them all directly to my supervisor (or, if she wasn't there, any of the supervisors that were there). She says she only got so many of them and I can't prove I sent the others. The company's security division is trying to retrieve my workstation's info (or so they say) but I know that's not going anywhere. Even if they do find something, that place will never admit they're wrong about anything.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Well if you work in an at will employment state, you're pretty much outta luck. They can fire you just because. Ohio is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4_Craver
That's a damn BB gun.
Need this
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Nice...what is that, a Barett?

Yeah, Kansas is like that, too. Well...I should say the company I worked for is like that. It's an at will employer. I did contact the company that handles all of our HR stuff and they're opening a case for an internal dispute resolution (fancy talk for "gimme my fucking job back"). So we'll see what happens there. I'm also in a unique position, being what some people would consider physically handicapped (but fuck those people) to have some serious discrimination beefs. And not just shit I made up...people at that company ignored some really simple requests I made and at one point insinuated I should could quite my job and find another (ok...I pissed off a superior, but it's still uncalled for).

Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Nice...what is that, a Barett?
Indeed.

Quote:
Yeah, Kansas is like that, too. Well...I should say the company I worked for is like that. It's an at will employer. I did contact the company that handles all of our HR stuff and they're opening a case for an internal dispute resolution (fancy talk for "gimme my fucking job back"). So we'll see what happens there. I'm also in a unique position, being what some people would consider physically handicapped (but fuck those people) to have some serious discrimination beefs. And not just shit I made up...people at that company ignored some really simple requests I made and at one point insinuated I should could quite my job and find another (ok...I pissed off a superior, but it's still uncalled for).
Good luck. Hopefully it works out. Would you still be ok to go back even though they fired you? Seems like that would be awkward.

I'd just sue 'em discrimination and not worry about working.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I would...wouldn't be hard for me. I'm sure they'd put me on a different manager's team. Even if they don't, I'd do it out of spite. Just a great big "fuck you" to that bitch that fired me. At the very least I want all of the bullshit they put me through documented. Besides...I'm an expert in passive aggressiveness. I can be a total cock to someone all day long and still sound entirely professional. In fact, that's pretty much all working in a call center is.

I'm not really the type to sue unless something came up that was worth the time and money. I'm really hoping they just hear the word "discrimination" and re-hire me just to keep from getting sued. Honestly...that job was so easy. I answered calls and sent out spreadsheets of other employee's perfomance for any given day and they paid me over $30K/year. Not a shit ton of money, but for the work I was way overpaid and it kept me living comfortably (just ask my PS3, LCD TV, new computer, and new laptop).

Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good luck man, hope you get everything worked out. Sounds like a shitty deal indeed.