Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2001, 11:36 PM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Damn I hate COPS!!!!

Once again I'm the victim of the pork patrol.

I got home about 11:45pm and I was starving like a mofo. Since I have NO food on my house I decided to go hit up Taco Bell. Well I got my food and decided to make a few runs by some places to see if I could get a couple races in. Well no luck there. So I'm at the light not even a block from my house. It was too long and I was too hungry. So I decided to turn right. Well I start off and I look to the left. Damn cop. I wasn't speeding so I was like no big deal. WRONG! I see the cop pull out behind me. I was like ahh **** what now. BLAM! The lights are on. I'm like WTF? So he comes up and immediately asks me for my drivers license and proof of insurance. As I was digging for them, he was like "You don't have a front license plate". I was like "Yeah I know." I mean **** did he think I didn't know. And get this. He was like "Its also illegal to have your license plate illuminated with any color other than white. And you can't have a license plate frame that covers up your validation sticker." WTF? First off my license plate lights are a light blue. You can see the *** damn plate. Every other time I got stopped no one told me about that. And the bracket was from AEM! So he goes and writes the ticket. Comes back and says he's only gonna cite me for the front license plate. I'm thinking "WooHoo, I still have to pay you ****ers $55."

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I gotta vent! Man I have horrible luck with cops. Oh well at least its not a moving violation. Now I just gotta get some of those 150 watt license plate lights for those ****ers......
Old 09-09-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Sorry to hear that..

Cops suck..

Damn, my license plate lights arent to powerful either, should look into that.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 10:08 AM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yeah OHIO cops suck. And the fact that I drive a Honda doesn't help. They are VERY biased here. If you have anything that looks nice or even sounds nice, you're toast.....
Old 09-09-2001, 03:22 PM   #4
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

I live in Kentucky and visit Cinci once in a while. I agree that the cops there really suck. They point people out for no reason. I had to go to UC hospital to see my dad and had trouble with a cop on my way.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 08:08 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I also agree that ohio cops suck.. I think its cause they get too bored.. even though I hate to say this.. You were breaking the law with not having a front plate on (please dont flame..) I didnt know about the only white light on plate though.. I did know about reds, blues, and yellows are no no's though.

Civic_addict.. Do you have a body kit or anything on your car? why didnt you have your plate one?
Old 09-10-2001, 12:30 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I also agree that ohio cops suck.. I think its cause they get too bored.. even though I hate to say this.. You were breaking the law with not having a front plate on (please dont flame..) I didnt know about the only white light on plate though.. I did know about reds, blues, and yellows are no no's though.

Civic_addict.. Do you have a body kit or anything on your car? why didnt you have your plate one?

Well my license plate light is a very light blue. The cop had to get out and look to see. No I don't have a body kit, I just like it better without the plate on the front.....
Old 09-10-2001, 12:32 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Well my license plate light is a very light blue. The cop had to get out and look to see. No I don't have a body kit, I just like it better without the plate on the front.....

I dont care for the front plate either especially if you have a body kit.. but the law is the law.. what can you do about it.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:39 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

I dont care for the front plate either especially if you have a body kit.. but the law is the law.. what can you do about it.

Yep just went out and bought some screws so I can mount it .... I figure the less attention the better......
Old 09-10-2001, 04:51 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Yep just went out and bought some screws so I can mount it .... I figure the less attention the better......

Good man.. *L*
Old 09-10-2001, 04:55 PM   #10
Jlaudiocivic

Good thing to do. It will benefit you in the long run.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:13 PM   #11
90civiclxryder

cops do suck, i got pulled over because i went over the white line for a second around a curve, lol, the pig had nothing better to do. he let me go
i skateboard too and cops always harras us for that.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:17 PM   #12
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Skateboarders do get it alot. If cops pull you over at the end of the month its because of their quota's that they have to fill. I would watch out for that. I can see a lawsuit coming from that.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-10-2001, 07:13 PM   #13
adam

Quote:
Yeah OHIO cops suck.....

come to south bay, california.. shit for clear corners, front plate, lip not high enough off ground, fart too loud
Old 09-10-2001, 07:21 PM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by adam

come to south bay, california.. shit for clear corners, front plate, lip not high enough off ground, fart too loud

Fart too loud.. Im never going there Id be screwed.. *LOL* j/p
Old 09-10-2001, 08:31 PM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yeha I've heard about the ground clearance law. The only reasoning I got from a Cali State Trooper(talked to him on a CounterStrike server) was that if you get a flat tire your car becomes a skid out of control. Not that normal vehicles don't lose control when they get a flat going 65+ MPH. But hey.....its the law.....
Old 09-10-2001, 10:45 PM   #16
civic_minded

My, my do you guys have nothing postitive to say about the police, well i do. About 3yrs ago i had a car that was broked into and my stuff was stolen. Well they dusted my car for prints found the guys and there still in jail to this day. That has to be a good thing right.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #17
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

You have a point. Sometimes cops are great. They do their job, but other times (some) cops just pick on people for whatever reason. Whether it be the kind of car you drive, the color of your skin, or whatever it happens everyday. Its not just cops either but thats a whole nother topic.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-10-2001, 11:30 PM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_minded
My, my do you guys have nothing postitive to say about the police, well i do. About 3yrs ago i had a car that was broked into and my stuff was stolen. Well they dusted my car for prints found the guys and there still in jail to this day. That has to be a good thing right.

Well, like I said. Burglary, theft, robbery, etc.... That's what they need to focus on rather than vehicles without front license plates. Its a waste of time....
Old 09-11-2001, 08:58 PM   #19
civic_minded

Yeah your right, but you get those crazys with blue lights and stuff that pull women over and rape them, I know you heard of that before. There are just doing there job. With have a blue front plate they might have thought you were one of them u know.

Old 09-11-2001, 09:13 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_minded
Yeah your right, but you get those crazys with blue lights and stuff that pull women over and rape them, I know you heard of that before. There are just doing there job. With have a blue front plate they might have thought you were one of them u know.

No no.... It was the rear plate.....the lights are a very light blue and don't flash..

But anyhow I have my front plate on and I removed my rear license plate bracket..... I doubt I'll change my lights though....I've grown kinda fond of them....
Old 09-11-2001, 09:27 PM   #21
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

CivicMinded-I want to give you a formal welcome to HondaStyle. I hope you like it.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-13-2001, 01:10 AM   #22
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Civic Addict- Sorry, bro, but I feel no sympathy for you whatsoever. You knew when you removed (or chose not to put on) your front liscence plate that it was against the law, and you chose to do it anyway. You knew you were taking a risk when you did it, and now you have to live with the consequences of your decision.

The things you didn't know were violations, he didn't ticket you for- but he could have. So he did cut you a break. And now you know for next time. So if you get ticketed for either of those- same deal- you assume a certain risk, so be prepared to pay the consequences.

There are certain things cops do that piss me off- targeting modified vehicles, for instance- that I don't believe are fair. And there are definitely dickhead cops out there looking to bust up your shit for anything they can. But ticketing you for a non-moving violation that you were aware you were committing, and letting you off on the other two? I don't think you have any reason to complain.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 09:23 PM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yeah I just decided to conform to the system. Damn commy bastards! j/k

Old 09-13-2001, 09:46 PM   #24
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

The laws here in Kentucky are easy to follow. Don't need a front license plate. Thats cool. Car can be low, loud-to an extint, and pretty much look like whatever. Some cops will get after you though. Some cops are just like that.
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-16-2001, 11:48 PM   #25
HondaZigen

I used to think cops were all good but after getting in my first accident Im not so sure. He was super nice at the scene and didnt act like anything was wrong with me losing my wallet. Then three days larter I called home and found out that I had four tickest one for the license, insurance, illegal lane change, and "innattentive driving" which is BS because he didnt see what happned. Thank *** we can at least fight them in court.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:46 PM   #26
adam

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaZigen
I used to think cops were all good but after getting in my first accident Im not so sure. He was super nice at the scene and didnt act like anything was wrong with me losing my wallet. Then three days larter I called home and found out that I had four tickest one for the license, insurance, illegal lane change, and "innattentive driving" which is BS because he didnt see what happned. Thank *** we can at least fight them in court.

*** is censored?
Old 09-17-2001, 08:48 PM   #27
adam

god