.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #1
DelSolStylin

Come on guys, help a girl out...Has anyone else heard of this problem?

Hey guys, I have heard that other del Sol owners have had this problem and I wanted to see if there is any way I can fix it without having to replace my door :o.

The problem is this: when I close my window, the glass goes OVER the seal instead of being tucked under it. It used to be a lot worse, it would go up about 1/4" over the seal.

I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they aligned the door a little and it seems to be better, but the result is that there is a small gap now in the front corner of the window where it doesn't quite meet the seal, yet it doesn't go under it either. This results in minor leakage when ever it rains (my car has been in the rain twice since i've owned it)

I have power windows and I was thinking the angle that the glass is held at inside the door is off by 1-2 degrees and this is causing the glass to go over the seal.

Another thing might be that the seals are just old and not firm enough so they get squished by the glass and as a result the glass just goes over.

This isn't a huge deal since I have my beater to drive around when ever it rains, but it is still annoying non the less and I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:38 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i don't drive a delsol but it is the rubber track and the actuator. i have the same problem on my ancient accord

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Re: Come on guys, help a girl out...Has anyone else heard of this problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by DelSolStylin
Hey guys, I have heard that other del Sol owners have had this problem and I wanted to see if there is any way I can fix it without having to replace my door :o.

The problem is this: when I close my window, the glass goes OVER the seal instead of being tucked under it. It used to be a lot worse, it would go up about 1/4" over the seal.

I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they aligned the door a little and it seems to be better, but the result is that there is a small gap now in the front corner of the window where it doesn't quite meet the seal, yet it doesn't go under it either. This results in minor leakage when ever it rains (my car has been in the rain twice since i've owned it)

I have power windows and I was thinking the angle that the glass is held at inside the door is off by 1-2 degrees and this is causing the glass to go over the seal.

Another thing might be that the seals are just old and not firm enough so they get squished by the glass and as a result the glass just goes over.

This isn't a huge deal since I have my beater to drive around when ever it rains, but it is still annoying non the less and I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

I have the same problem in my del sol.
93-95's apparently were infmaous for leaking, then 96-97 were a little better.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
DelSolStylin

I've heard the same thing derek, it's the targa right? not the door or anything like that..

So have you fixed the problem? Or how have you dealt with it if not?

Also, how bad does it leak? For me It leaks a lot if I'm driving, but it only drips a little when I'm not moving.

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Well when there is direct pressure on it it leaks pretty bad. Like when Im washing my car and I spray water on it, and sometimes it leaks super bad in the rain. What Im going to do about it is get new seals are the targa and windsheild. And your right it seems like the window. Which Im sure it's probably not. It's shitty because I really want to dye my interior but Im scared of all the water leaking on it and messing krap up.......hopefully that when I replace the seals it will all work....how are you dealing with it

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #6
DelSolStylin

I keep my car in the garage when it rains

It sucks because even if there is a slight chance of rain, like if there is even one cloud in the sky I just don't drive.

But I've noticed that too, when I wash my car the whole part of the seat that is under the top of the window gets completely soaked..
Old 01-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #7
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

omg you live in washington Julie, you must never drive your car :(

ok sorry i had to.. this state sucks

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:02 PM   #8
DelSolStylin

not lately, it's been really nice out the past week or so
Old 01-10-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by DelSolStylin

But I've noticed that too, when I wash my car the whole part of the seat that is under the top of the window gets completely soaked..

I usually put a thick towel down.and the helps. But I'm getting quite sick of that.
there is a thing on www.teamdelsol.com that tells you how to tighten your roof. Maybe give that a try

Old 01-12-2003, 12:44 AM   #10
Sol's Eye

Okay, I will take a crack at this. After all, I just disassembled one door and mixed and matched parts to make a complete door for my car.

When I put the window in the new door, it was too high. So I had to adjust it. I didn't quite understand your question, but it seems like you have a similar problem. Now, in order to do this, it will take a lot of work, and time, but this is how I fixed mine.

First, remove the interior of your door. It is held in by fourscrews (one right above the hinge, one on the interior side close to it, one behind the handle, and one inside the grey door lock/opening handle). Unscrew these. Now your door is just held on with these little clamp things, so just pull it off (you won't damage anything). Slide the interior out.

If you look down the edge of the window, you will see two white or grey pieces with small white knobs on them. They will be wedged down in the door. On the interior of the door below them, you will see two nuts (one on each). Loosen these nuts, and it will allow you to adjust the little piece up or down. This piece determines how high the window rolls up. If your window is too high, move them down. If it is too low, move the pieces up.

I will try to get some of the pics I took during the installation process, though I don't know how much help they will be. And I will also try to find pics of the pieces I am talking about. I had one extra, but I may have left it back at home. I will see what I can get posted. If this doesn't work, or you need something else, let me know. I just tore apart my whole door and know how all the power window stuff works and where everything is mounted.

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2003, 06:30 AM   #11
pissedoffsol

honda recalled the door seals on 93-96 del sols. they replaced the soft rubber with a harder compound, almost plastic piece on the corners. I'm not sure on the legistics of this, but if it hasn't been done to your car yet, Honda should by law do it for free even to this day. Give your dealer a call and ask to speak with the lead service writer.

on a side note
Quote:
I love to ride stick ALL DAY LONG!!
if thats a pic of you as your avatar, marry me?
Old 01-12-2003, 11:21 AM   #12
DelSolStylin

That is some good advice, I will give them a call...

Also, sorry to dissappoint you but no that is not me in the avatar but here are some pics: http://www.jaylea.com/tc/cam
Old 01-12-2003, 05:42 PM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Damn...i'm going to phone Honda tomorrow then

Old 01-14-2003, 08:17 PM   #14
DelSolStylin

I have been doing some research and it looks like a complete re-seal of a del sol including labor (from Honda) is in the neighborhood of $450. And unless the recall was a Warranty recall they won't do it for free.