::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 02:56 PM   #1
Sol's Eye

front end conversion help!

Okay, I have a 94 del sol, and I really want to show it, so I have been looking for something unique to do with it. After some searching and some photoshop, I came up an S2000 front end conversion for my sol. Attached below is the photoshopped pic.

My problem is how to do the conversion itself. I have a friend that, if I can get fiberglass front bumpers and fenders for the del sol and the s2k can cut a new bumper and fenders to fit my car. But I would rather use the urethane bumpers. They are a lot more durable. So I was thinking of seam-molding the hood, fenders, and front bumper fron an s2k together as one peice and having the whole front end tilt forward and off. That would make access to the engine bay hella easy and look sweet at the same time. But then I don't know how to attach the whole front end to the frame. I want to be able to drive this legally, so I need the hood attachments to pass inspection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:35 PM   #2
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

why would you want to change the front end of a car that is beautiful as is?? You can show your sol without going to that extreme. Get a nice body kit and some JDM headlights, tail lights, rear plate fillers etc.. and a sweet paintjob and you are golden.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:03 AM   #3
Sol's Eye

I considered all of that, and it looks great, no doubt. I was going to (and may still) get a Wings West kit plus the afore mentioned stuff, but that has all been done before. I want something completely unique. Something that people walk by and say, "Damn, is that a del Sol?!" That is why I came up with the s2k converison. And for those doubters out there, I couldn't attach the picture, so here is a link to it.

http://members.cardomain.com/godhana
Old 12-10-2002, 12:27 AM   #4
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I really don't think a S2k front end would look good on a sol. The site you mentioned above with a picture isn't working so I can't see for myself, but I can imagine it.

Why don't you do all JDM on your car? I mean I have never seen a sol that was straight JDM in the US before. Scoop up every JDM Sol part you can find and that should make for a unique ride without bastardizing the already sweet looks of the sol. Also you could opt for a custom body kit, buy a front bumper from one manufacturer, sides from another and the rear from another etc... That will also give you a unique look.

My car doesn't have any type of conversion on it and people still ask what kind of car it is. Del sols are unique enough the way they are, they don't need all types of rice tricks to make them that way.

No offense to you, but I love these cars so much, mostly for the way they look. I always say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:05 AM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That pic works for me, and I really like it. If you have the resources, go for it!

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:07 AM   #6
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
I always say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

True, but if that were always the case, why turbo your del sol? Customizing a car is all about fixing things that aren't neccesarily broken. I don't mean any offense, believe me, I love the del Sols. That's why I sapped all of my resources to get one.
I know what you mean, though, I am not trying to be an ass argueing with you.

But I also think that conversions are the way to go to be really unique. This would be the only one like it in the world. JDM would be more unique than a stock del sol, but it has still been done before. And I really like the front ends on the s2000s as well, so I thought why not fuse two awesome cars?
Old 12-10-2002, 12:33 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

The pic looks cool...nice photoshop...Well I'm a huge fan of sol's as you all know....I would say get rims, drop, engine swap and some other little goodies first before the body kit, or conversion. Nothing says "show" like a head of a DOHC VTEC, or turbo sitting under the hood...

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #8
Sol's Eye

I was originally going to do my swap first. I am going to put in a b18c eventually. But the problem right now is money. I haven't found a b18 swap cheaper than three grand. I just don't have that. This conversion should cost me less than half that.

What I do with the body will determine what color I paint it, so I don't want to get rims until I get the body done, so I know what color rims to get (white, gunmetal, silver). And if I drop it before I get rims, it will be too low to drive in my town (lot of bad roads). So really, the conversion is the best thing to do first in my situation.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:08 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol's Eye
I was originally going to do my swap first. I am going to put in a b18c eventually. But the problem right now is money. I haven't found a b18 swap cheaper than three grand. I just don't have that. This conversion should cost me less than half that.

hahaha your telling me that you can get a s2k conversion done to your sol for less then $1500.00....haha....good luck bro. Not to sound like a dick, but i don't think any conversion would cost that cheap...espically becuase you said your painting your car also.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #10
Sol's Eye

the most expensive part of a conversion is the labor, and I will be doing that myself with a few friends. so labor is free. fiberglass body replacement peices aren't expensive at all. even if i bought all OEM s2k parts fron Honda (which would be stupid) it would only cost me $1100. throw in $400 for misc. parts, and you are still only at $1500.

and we will also be painting it ourselves, so all I will have to buy there is paint and clear coat. and trust me, I can get that cheap too. customizing a car isn't nearly as much about money as it is about working the system.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:26 PM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
the most expensive part of a conversion is the labor, and I will be doing that myself with a few friends. so labor is free. fiberglass body replacement peices aren't expensive at all. even if i bought all OEM s2k parts fron Honda (which would be stupid) it would only cost me $1100. throw in $400 for misc. parts, and you are still only at $1500.

and we will also be painting it ourselves, so all I will have to buy there is paint and clear coat. and trust me, I can get that cheap too. customizing a car isn't nearly as much about money as it is about working the system.

Well bro i'll give you props if you can pull it off....!!!
and if you do..
I can't wait to see pics

Old 01-01-2003, 05:07 PM   #12
foreverzz

Quote:
customizing a car isn't nearly as much about money as it is about working the system.

so very true

we did a rear end conversion on a friends civic for about $1300. it can be done for a reasonable price...assuming you know the right people...and it sounds like you do.