.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2002, 06:12 PM   #1
extasy

stupid idle

o.k here's the scenario: 1993 ex sohc vtec, idles between 3000 & 700 rpm(fluctuates) and startup idle is 3500rpm, had the coolant lines disconnected from the throttle body, reconnected them cause it did that when it was cold but now it continued? can't drive consistant in 1st 2nd or 3rd the car surges when idle drops then pulls ahead again. no cel...any ideas are appreciated.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what car is it ? Most likely you have a vacuum leak somewhere. i know my accord used to do that in park and neutral, then i adjusted the rpms. look for broken hoses. are u sure you put the vacuum lines back in place ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 08:49 PM   #3
extasy

vaccum lines are in order...cleaned iac today still bad idle. going to chech the timing although i doubt it has changed, just started doing it recently
Old 03-13-2002, 10:50 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

mine did it after i had the tb sensor replaced. the mechanic showed me how to adjust the rpms. i still don't know what car you have, but i guess you have a civic since the accords are not vtec. on the tb there should be a screw for adjusting the rpms. with the engine running unplug the tb sensor. the check engine light should go off and the rpms should drop. get a flat screw driver and turn it until you will match the 700-750 rpms (or what the idle should be on ur car), then plug the sesnor back in. Stop and start the engine. all this is good to be done with a warm/hot engine. let me know if this fixes it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #5
extasy

thanks for the help, i'm going to run over the vaccum again the try resessting the idle, might jumper the service connector and see if there are any "hidden" codes that the ecu has stored