::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Connecticut street racing

My buddy Trev has been dying to race me (he has a camry 5-spd). So he's like oh, lets race tonight. Sure, why not. Then he's like "oh by the way, i have my mom's car, the 98 impreza 2.5RS", hmm, that's a different story. Well i had a feeling this could be anyone's game. So we're all driving around trying to find tape for trevs video camera. Consequently, we bump into a boosted 99 civic Si, and an SRT-4 at Citgo. So we tell them about our stomping ground, and they agreed to come play.

So me, trev, york, becker, reynolds, meet up on the sunset hill rd. bridge. Me and trev decide to do our first race going 395 southbound starting at the lowell davis rd bridge. Our first race was a 20 mph roll on. I figured i'd be good since his gear ratios kind of sucked compared to mine at that speed ( had him take me for a ride first to see what i was up against, very short gear ratios). The start was a little shaky because of a lack of communication, but few full throttle shifts and winding out to redline proved useful, it also put me under the bridge in 4th gear at 6700 RPM, 120 MPH, and in first place. After that me and trev decided to race going the other way. So we pull over on the highway and then we lined up. 3 honks, and trev got the better of me, since i had a shitty reaction time and launch. All in all he was about 1/2-1 car on me the whole race. A little ways down the road i slowed down to signal to trev that i wanted to do it again (i can't open my windows because of the tint). So we do another drag. 3700 RPM, pop clutch, and i got the holeshot. Our reaction times were identical but i had the best launch of my life. 0-60 was nice but after that my lack of torque became evident. Once i hit 90 i was struggling and trev was gaining ground. However at 105 the green light came to life again, squeezing every pony out of the less-than coke-bottled sized engine, and i held him off till i shut it down at 115.

On the way back we decided to do a 60-mph roll on. Kind of dumb on my part because at that speed trev has some disgusting torque, and i don't engage VTEC until like 75. So he basically raped me from 60. Then i decided to try a 40 mph roll on. We kinda had a shitty start and i shut it down early because of that. All in all, the RS has more top end than the civic (torque), but if i can launch good, that little 1.6L FWD bastard can give an AWD 2.5L flat four a good run for it's money. Probably the best races i've ever had.

After that we met back on top of the bridge and had some laughs, and the civic and srt-4 were getting ready to run. So the SRT-4 is bone stock (literally, 2 days old, 900 miles ) the civic is a 2000 Si, built internals, SC41 turbo (14 PSI), ramhorn manifold, 3" downpipe, and exhaust, no cat, 750cc injectors, huge FMIC, hondata s100, GSR cams, and a shit load of other stuff, but guessing it was around 300 HP. So the stop on 395, drop. The civic had some problems at first (from what i heard, a missed shift, traction problems, who knows), but when they came under the bridge. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Sound unlike i've ever heard. It made racing flix look pussy. Under full throttle acceleration the civic was venting the exhaust out the open atmosphere dump tube, and holy shit was it loud. Sounded kind of like a rotary to some extent, mixed in with a 747, and a sneeze. As expected the civic won, and passed under the bridge at 140+. After that we all regrouped at Citgo, and i talked extensively with dustin, the civic's owner. Naturally, i got a ride in it as well

what a fucking night!, er morning
Old 07-17-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
JDMFantasy2k

nobody cares
Old 09-23-2021, 07:56 AM   #3
susu

Wow,cool