.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #1
Vegasguy80

Car won't go into gear

Please help.... I just drove to work and as soon as I got here I needed to leave again. So when I get into the car and try and take it out of park the shifter will not go into gear. It is just stuck in park. My transmission is automatic and I had my foot on the brake. THis is the first time I have ever had this problem.

Does anyone know a solution to this or why it is doing it at all? Please help me. I dont want to be stuck at work all day long.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well you have that slot on the center console that will take a long and thin screw driver that will unlock the lever. my guess is that the interlock solenoid is gone.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
Vegasguy80

Is this something that I would have to go to the dealer for or do you think I can get the part at Autozone or a parts store and have replaced? I dont live too far from work so I just need to get it into gear once and get it home.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
Vegasguy80

Also, isn't this a transmission problem? If so, my 2000 Accord has the extend transmission warranty that the dealer extended because of premature wear and failure.. You think they would cover this?
Old 01-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i don't think so. that is basically not a part of the tranny, it's more of a safety feature. and you would have to get the part from the dealership. did u get the car in gear yet ? when you press tha brake do u hear a click under your center console ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
Vegasguy80

I took the cover around the gear shifter off and there is a shift lock release button in there and I just pushed that down and got it into hear. So I can at least get it home and taken care of. I tried to call the dealer but everyone is too busy to talk