.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2004, 01:55 AM   #1
b18_couper

Locked Tranny after TOB install

I have a coupe with a b18-b1 engine in it. The throw out bearing went out on me, so I dropped the tranny. Left the whole clutch assembly alone, and just simply replaced the bearing. Reinstalled everything, followed the haynes manual and seemed fine. Today I pressurized and bled the clutch system, went to shift with the motor off and couldn't get into any gear. Tranny seemed to be locked up and the stick seemed to have more side to side play then usual. I tried to move the change rod back and forth with the clutch engaged but it seemed locked. Didn't even bother turning on the engine. The odd thing is that I remember the night before with everything reinstalled, I was able to move the change rod back and forth inorder to connect it to the shifter. Today, after pressurizing the clutch system, the tranny just seems to be locked. Change rod won't budge. Could someone please tell me what seems to be wrong? Did I activate some type of locking mechanism when I was moving the change rod back and forth yesterday? I really don't want to have to drop the tranny again