.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2002, 11:55 PM   #1
Jsmurf

Import Models

I cannot stand when i look in sport compact or import tuner and all i see is those cheap looking models. That gives the guys the impression that all a girl is good for at a car show is to stand next to the car, not to be driving it. When do you ever see a hot guy standing next to a girlz pimped out ride?? Yeah, that would be the day, right? I mean I give those girls props because they are good looking ( their fake parts probably cost more that what is on the car next to them) but that does not say much for all of us girls out there who are into racing.....and look good at the same time.....right!!
Old 05-29-2002, 01:30 AM   #2
mylittlecivic

i feel bad buying any import magazines cuz they all got half naked girls on the front !

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 02:52 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I know this is the girly forum, but I thought I'd throw in my $.02

Some of the import models look pretty good , but too many of them are way too fake. I'm not a big fan of the silicone

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 07:37 AM   #4
Mushroom

I'll invade the girly forum for my .02 also - I was watching speedvision a couple nights ago and caught this late-nite show on import tuning. So I think, cool, this could be good. Entirely worthless. It was hosted by dumb-souding import-model types who clearly were scripted and knew nothing about the cars. In fact, the whole show seemed to target kids who wanted to buy a cool-looking body kit and go to raves. Not a darn spec, technical detail or even any automotive language in the whole program.

Hmm, maybe that was off-topic, but there were import models involved, and it sure assumed their import-modder audience didn't know or care anything about the actual cars.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:39 AM   #5
Lovebuzz13

I'll let this stay open for now...

But DON'T let it turn into a meatfest.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
I'm not a big fan of the silicone

i am. it makes my dash look shiny

i really think that the models don't have a place next to the car for in a show.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 10:38 AM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

I know what you are sayin about the models. I always feel like an a$$ buyin the mags with the practically naked chicks on the front. SOOO not the reason why I'm buyin the mags. I used to tell my guy friends that owned an aftermarket shop to write into the mags and ask them to have guys model the cars. It does set up a double standard practically sayin that girls don't do this sorta stuff to their cars. It once again proves that the general public still see cars as a man's hobby.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:13 PM   #8
H2OCivic95

Models are cool and all, but i purchased the magazine for the cars and the tech. If i wanted to see half (or fully) naked girls i would have gotten another mag! just my $ .02
Old 05-31-2002, 12:42 PM   #9
Honda_Gurl

i don't like it either. one of the reasons is that i get all embarassed like the clerk is gonna think i'm buying it to look at girls but i've learned to get used to the fact that these models will always be around, cause whether we like it or not, sex sells and most of the people into cars are men, and men are pigs.. whoa, did i say that outloud? haha, just playing boys!
Old 05-31-2002, 08:07 PM   #10
Maxvla

there are girls in those mags?? seriously though. if i give more than a glance its rare. i just ignore they are there. the cars are sooo much hotter. (don't take that in some freakish way...)
Old 06-01-2002, 01:05 AM   #11
HyperHoney

Yeah they tend to be a little trashy...Not to be rude, but some of them seem to be a little on the unattractive side, too...
Old 06-01-2002, 02:20 PM   #12
theonlypunk

The girls I see on the front of those magazines make me sick. I know its not very manly of me to say that but they all look like dirty sluts.

I'm not sure about the rest of you guys (btw should i be in here?) but i dont want to be seeing a slut as a possible gf or wife.
Old 06-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by theonlypunk
The girls I see on the front of those magazines make me sick. I know its not very manly of me to say that but they all look like dirty sluts.

I'm not sure about the rest of you guys (btw should i be in here?) but i dont want to be seeing a slut as a possible gf or wife.

yes you can be in here. (i'm a guy too), and i totally agree with you.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 08:14 PM   #14
slowEJ6

i modeled my car
it was dope.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 08:20 PM   #15
FeelMyRide

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
i modeled my car
it was dope.

I'd pay to see that one

But I agree.. In Car magazines and at car shows they have these girls who dont know anything about cars. Their silicone parts belong IN the cars.. not rubbing up against the cars I would die happy if I opened a car mag or went to a car show and saw a hot guy next to his car (even if he was the owner.. but all the male owners worry too much about their car's appearance and not their own )
Old 06-01-2002, 08:49 PM   #16
theonlypunk

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide

I would die happy if I opened a car mag or went to a car show and saw a hot guy next to his car (even if he was the owner.. but all the male owners worry too much about their car's appearance and not their own )

It would appear you've never been to Canada then. This doesn't apply once your cross the boarder.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:25 PM   #17
90civiclxryder

i like seeing the girls in there, in super street all the pics of the girls have funny captions, but sometimes there are too many pics of the models. there are a few models who are so hot, a lot of them look fake as someone said earlier
Old 06-03-2002, 10:11 AM   #18
Honda_Gurl

ya i think certain magazines are worse than others. i stick with superstreet cause i think they're not as bad.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:16 PM   #19
ShEaNy

I like seeing some models...but i mean when there all over the place its more car..... less broad!
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #20
Grip72

I kind of disagree with the majority. I enjoy looking at girls, maybe its just cuz i haven't got any in a bit cuz my gf dumped me or maybe i'm just horny. But seroiusly dont' get me wrong, i LOVE cars that are pimp and i love the ladies..i'm crazy about the female body..don't think i'm a perv..i just respect the women and they make the car even better
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 08:13 PM   #21
juvenile

just like rob and his Mountain Biking mags

playboy and hollywood are invading everything they can grasp their hands on. Watch out, soon spider man and power rangers will feature 5'8, blond hair, nice legs, C cup women
Old 06-06-2002, 03:43 PM   #22
Kyle
elyK

sheet...i remember power rangers waay back when i used to watch it...the pink ranger...she was focking hot!!!
lol
Yeah...it does get pretty damn anoying when i'm trying to read a magazine and i have to turn past 3 or 4 pages because they are interviewing a damn model asking about her breast implants...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 01:44 AM   #23
myself_included

girls are
Old 06-13-2002, 08:56 AM   #24
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo
sheet...i remember power rangers waay back when i used to watch it...the pink ranger...she was focking hot!!!

forget the pink ranger, white ranger all the way!! he was pretty hot
Old 06-16-2002, 02:15 AM   #25
Platinum_Civic

I dont care seeing the models in magazines, but it's at the shows I mind. Last year my boyfriend and I went to a car show together and there were a lot of models walking around in there skimpy outfits. Atleast five of these girls walked up to my boyfriend at different times and asked him if he'd like to take a picture with her? I didnt mind if he took pictures, but it was the way these "models" acted that got me mad. EVERY single one of them were moving around like strippers and none of them seemed to care that my boyfriend was holding MY hand and kissing MY lips.
Another matter I don't like about these models at shows is I noticed over the years that more and more people are bringing there families 2 these events. Just a month ago I was at a show and I noticed there were little kids running around and so on while there parents looked at the cars. I couldn't believe all the parents that brought there children to the show knowing these models were dressed like they were.
I got mad at first but then thought about it. Why should these parents NOT bring there children to these car events? Why cant these models cover there cheast up for five hours so it can really be a family event?
Old 06-16-2002, 10:59 AM   #26
xhondagirl

hell if i had the body id do it too, (in a mag)
but the shows piss me off too..i dont want any girl laying all over my car.. yuck.. they look cheap and cheesy..
the next show im gonna drag some fine ass guys with DIESEL bodies (shirts
OFF of course)and make em stand around all the girls cars..see how it makes the guys feel... haha
Old 06-16-2002, 03:06 PM   #27
DsBlu01CivEX

Just got back from HIN and yes the models walkin around were QUITE annoying. And I agree with ya platinum...there were a lot of smaller children there with their parents and shouldn't have to be subjected to hooch clothing at such a young age.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 07:40 PM   #28
sparklingxtasy

i got tired of the wierd looks from the girls at the store counters when i would buy a car mag with a half-naked girl on the cover.. so i solved the problem and just got a subscription... but it's still annoying tho...
And nothing makes you feel more warm and tingly inside when your guys opens to a nice car with a model that's pretty and says, "Damn... look at that." and you swear he's lookin' at the girl wishin' you looked just like her, then says, "those wheels look bomb on that car!" awww....