Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2003, 12:44 AM   #1
robwyld

should i turbocharge or supercharge my integr gsr. a

what is best on my gsr. super or turbo?
Old 04-10-2003, 11:23 AM   #2
ShEaNy

Id say turbo....but ull have to build up ur engine real good...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #3
robwyld

what about the drag 3 turbo kit? or maybe greddy turbo? what's also a good exhaust for it.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:25 PM   #4
ShEaNy

get a Greddy kit..they make nice ones....Greddy should make an exhaust for ur car as well...THey have everything!!
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:32 PM   #5
Mirkwo0dForest

i like the idea of having that extra HP all the time, so i'd go with supercharge...
just an opinion...
Old 04-16-2003, 08:35 PM   #6
Mirkwo0dForest

Why don't you get a real man's HP boost...?
i.e.:
NOS
VENOM
ZEX
NX

(get nitrous)!!
Old 04-20-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

good Q...I was concidering a sc w/ b18c1 too...but turbos are more adjustable and will come out on top

if youre looking for a basic kit, check out Greddy
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 08:05 PM   #8
silver

look at the pros and cons of turbo vs. sc. also realize that a sc can be tuned to act like a turbo and vice versa. i would lead toward to turbo due to higher potential power, but you need to determine what you want your car to be able to do first.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 10:43 PM   #9
tegsRus

but u also have to think. A jackson racing supercharger would give you 58 horsepower for 2,598$ a turbo would be much more expensive. You would also get a lot of low end torque with a supercharger. the balance of low end with a supercharger and high end with a v-tec engine sure does sound nice... if I am wrong about any of this feel free to correct me.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:52 AM   #10
Mirkwo0dForest

assuming you want a Teggy tegRus, wut kind are u hoping to get?
kinda off topis i know...
uh i like HP...
turbo get u more of that
supercharger will get u a little less but you'll hav it all the time
Old 04-21-2003, 11:07 AM   #11
Shot 2 Hel

That would call on way too much information. We would need more on what you want, what you have to spend etc. A turbo runs off the exhaust gases so there is a bit of time from when you floor it to when the turbo will kick in, this is called TURBO LAG. A supercharger runs off belts and has no lag. A Turbo you will more than likely get more gains from it but you have to maintain it well. A supercharger is just a bolt on deal. A turbo you can change the amount of boost that you run. A supercharger you cant.

Where you live should also play a part in this, if you live somewhere that it snows or ices over a good bit you might want a turbo so you can reduce the amount of boost that you run and make it a good bit easier to drive.

So it really depends on a whole lot to say, yeah you want this or you want this, but just go to a site that lists the pros and cons of each and good luck on your decision.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #12
silver

there is more than one type of supercharger. you can have a supercharger setup that increases power as rpms increase, or you can have the "classic" setup with constant boost. plus a sc does require maintenance, just not as complicated of fabrication for installation. they are both great ways to go and each has it's good and bad. see if you can drive a turbo car and then a sc car, i think that would be the best way to decide, not on power curves and peak power discussions.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:03 PM   #13
Shot 2 Hel

^^^ good point
Old 04-21-2003, 11:35 PM   #14
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

only thing that stopped the whole sc idea (roots stlye (jackson Racing)) for me was the fact that once you put on the 9lb pulley...thats pretty much it for power from it...where as a turbo you can just keep upping and upping the boost according to the mods that you have in the engine...so power is virtually limitless...well...until you blow up the motor...

the thing about environmental conditions playing a factor is a very good point :thumbs up:
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote