::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
msvtec14

dEcAlS??

Hi I need some opinions...You know how when you buy stuff from after market companies and they give you the decals?? To put them on or to not put them on is the question. I haven't put any on but I'm debating on it. I see it from a few different perspectives. The company is not paying me to advertise for them. When I roll up to another car, I want to make the other person wonder what it is exactly I have done to mine that can't just be seen. BUT...I've always liked how they look. Opinions ? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:55 PM   #2
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I personally dont have any on my car, simply because I dont have anything worth advertising about besides my stereo, and im not going to put "Steal Me" on the back of my car..

I dunno i like the way they look too but i wouldn't over do it... Things like "AEM" and "GReddy" arent bad, because they could mean anything "GReddy" could be your exhaust, or it could be your Turbo, people dont know ! Whatever works for you..

Have fun though =)

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 05:00 PM   #3
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
I personally dont have any on my car, simply because I dont have anything worth advertising about besides my stereo, and im not going to put "Steal Me" on the back of my car..

I dunno i like the way they look too but i wouldn't over do it... Things like "AEM" and "GReddy" arent bad, because they could mean anything "GReddy" could be your exhaust, or it could be your Turbo, people dont know ! Whatever works for you..

Have fun though =)

Hmmm, I never thought of the "steal me" perspective.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:31 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

Hmmm, I never thought of the "steal me" perspective.

That's a major factor... never advertise your mods!

Also, they don't look good IMHO. Keep it clean.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

That's a major factor... never advertise your mods!

Also, they don't look good IMHO. Keep it clean.

Ok, ok. But I still would like to one maybe somewhere on the window. I should just do one for something that's on my car that someone couldn't easily steal. Like my body kit? What's IMHO? Do you think one decal is bad. It'll be simple and not on the body. Just maybe my back windshield.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:28 PM   #6
mt.biker

Quote:

Ok, ok. But I still would like to one maybe somewhere on the window. I should just do one for something that's on my car that someone couldn't easily steal. Like my body kit? What's IMHO? Do you think one decal is bad. It'll be simple and not on the body. Just maybe my back windshield.

decals is a fancy name for stickers.. you want stickers on your car? wtf *smacks you on the head* dont do that to you car, it will look horible.. stickers are for wankers!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:03 PM   #7
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

decals is a fancy name for stickers.. you want stickers on your car? wtf *smacks you on the head* dont do that to you car, it will look horible.. stickers are for wankers!

Dude, you just smacked me in the head because of stickers a.k.a decals. I just asked for opinions, not physical abuse. Now, I'm going to have to tell everyone that this bruise is from when I fell down the stairs.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:06 PM   #8
mt.biker

Quote:

Dude, you just smacked me in the head because of stickers a.k.a decals. I just asked for opinions, not physical abuse. Now, I'm going to have to tell everyone that this bruise is from when I fell down the stairs.

LMAO!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:14 PM   #9
msvtec14

Quote:

LMAO!

There's nothing funny about the fact that in our relationship, that you are abusive. I didn't mean to burn your toast Rob
Old 08-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #10
mt.biker

Quote:

There's nothing funny about the fact that in our relationship, that you are abusive. I didn't mean to burn your toast Rob

i'm sure you'll do better next time... *deep voice* or else *waves hand*
Old 08-19-2002, 07:23 PM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
What's IMHO?

In my humble opinion or in my honest opinion

Quote:

LMAO

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 07:25 PM   #12
msvtec14

Quote:

i'm sure you'll do better next time... *deep voice* or else *waves hand*

Yes sir. I will adjust the little button on the toaster that let's us select how dark we want the toast to a lighter shade just to be sure that I don't burn your toast. That's what matters most to me when I wake up every morning.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:40 PM   #13
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

She can have her opinion too :P

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
msvtec14

I'm scared to do anything now as Rob will beat me. There's only so many times that I can say I fell down the stairs or I tripped over the coffee table.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:32 PM   #15
Chief
Banned

I say press charges. You have plenty of witnesses that saw the unwarranted abuse. (Sorry Rob, gotta draw the line somewhere. Did you stop taking those Anger Management courses we enrolled you in last month??)

As for decals, i highly recommend HondaStyle.com decals. They're the only cool ones to add.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:36 PM   #16
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief
I say press charges. You have plenty of witnesses that saw the unwarranted abuse. (Sorry Rob, gotta draw the line somewhere. Did you stop taking those Anger Management courses we enrolled you in last month??)

As for decals, i highly recommend HondaStyle.com decals. They're the only cool ones to add.

dude you said you were gonna keep quiet about the classes.. now you've blown it.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:43 PM   #17
Chief
Banned

Well, not like it matters since you evidently dropped out. I'll see if I can find an online course for you...
Old 08-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #18
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief

I WANT THEM!! I fogot my paypal password and it's registered with my old e-mail address so they said they were mailing me (REAL MAIL, OLDSCHOOL. WITH THE MAILMAN!) a temp password.