::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #1
F22B2

Hi, i have a problem with spark plug wires

Ok first of all i have a 97 Accord LX (non-vtec)

I was driving on the freeway when i noticed my car was slacking and losing acceleration power.

So i pull over and pop the hood.

I found that one out of the four spark plug wire was loose, it was not connected.

This had never happen to me before.

So i took a look at the wire and i saw oil.

Well..i did put the wire back in place and the car went back to normal.

Well..after a bit of driving..the wirer loosen again...and if anyone know the problem to this..i would be grateful..thank you.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:59 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

do u remeber by any chance what cylinder it was ? Was it the second one from the driver's side ? you can just tighten it with some plyers. about the oil problem, if u are not mechanically inclined, screw it. you gotta take the whole head apart to have that fixed. yes i know 'cause i just did it today

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:55 AM   #3
XdiscontensionX

check out magnecor's website for everything you ever wanted (or didn't want) to know about plug wires. i was checking it out yesterday and they talked about boots popping off the plugs and what causes it. i can't remember all the details though.

www.magnecor.com
Old 09-06-2002, 02:22 PM   #4
F22B2

hey hondaman-iac...4 cylinder engine...and yes...it was the second wire from the driver side...and i dont want to mess with opening the head...i guess i will take it to the shop and get that fix...do you know how much it would cost to fix?
Old 09-06-2002, 11:47 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i guess it's gonna be like a 4hr job. multiply that by 65-75 for the labor + 130 for the valve adjustament + 5 for the actual parts

Old 09-07-2002, 07:16 AM   #6
Dragracingaccord

The oil might just be from your valve cover gasket. have that checked before u pay to much money to not fix the prob. Dont know about the plug wire maybe the oil is on the boot and causing it to slip off.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:57 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragracingaccord
The oil might just be from your valve cover gasket. have that checked before u pay to much money to not fix the prob. Dont know about the plug wire maybe the oil is on the boot and causing it to slip off.
i thought that i first too, but he has to remove the rocker arm assembly to get to the faulty gaskets. trust me. he has almost the same head as me, and i already did that job on thrusday