Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #1
krz2fer
2nd Gear

First Time Installing Alarm - Help!

My g/f wanted an alarm for her car (95 integra) and since I've done a lot to my car I ordered a similar basic system (keyless entry, LED, shock sensor, siren).

I know where to install the siren, LED, and shock sensor, but all of the wires for my car (92 civic) have been tied together so I can't see where things are connected under there.

My question is where do I connect the 10+ wire ends that come out of the main alarm box? Are they all connected individually to a certain wire (like parking lights, door locks, etc) under the dash? If so, using what method to connect them? Can you direct me to a site that explains it in detail or has a color wire chart for an integra?

Once on the right foot I'll be fine, I just need a kick start since it's my first time.

Thanks,
Chris

---
"Aim for the sky, straight into the sun."
krz2fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:30 PM   #2
blind34_1

umm...well I don't really quite know what your setup is, but check your directions. It should've at least came with a wire diagram.
Mine were:

yellow = 12volt
black = gnd (obvious)
green = door sensor
blue = siren output

thats all I could figure out, I didnt have any directions I just guessed. What you can do (for your door sensors at least) Is splice into the existing door switch for your dome light. Just get one of those connectors that cut into a wire and connect another one to it (I dont know its name...brandon?you would know) It worked like a charm for me. That'll also work for your trunk. Just run your own wire back to your brain splice using a solderless connector.

After that, do the ignition sensor wire. You can either actually find your ignition wire, or just splice into the accessory 12volt under your stereo. Thats cheating, yes but Its easier IMO.

Impact sensors I have do idea how they work.

Basically what I'm getting at Is you have to run your own wire, connect to some sort of sensor, and just connect to brain.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote