::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
IALuder

dynomat

I'm planning on installing dynomat in my car. I was for sure gonna do the doors and the rear side panels. Would it be possible to dynomat the headliner and floor? Dynomat on the entire floor seems like it would significantly reduce road noise, what do yall think?

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
blind34_1

If you're gonna do it, do it all, why not? I remember i tore the dash out of my civic, and put this foam material behind it. It wasn't dynamat, just this weird packing material my friends dad got from work. After reinstalling the dash I had NO rattles.

The stuff works, at very least to reduce rattles and squeeks.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
ShEaNy

how and where exactly in the dash did u put the foam? im looking for something like that...(i have at least...3 noises/rattles) like along the edges.. everywhere? or what?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
blind34_1

i removed the whole dash; driver side to passenger. gauge cluster, climate controls, stereo, etc. all that stuff comes out, usually in one piece (glovebox is removable).

From there all you have in front of you is what looks like a fire resistant material, and is carpet like underneath a layer of thin cloth material. probably designed to help stop rattles and provide additional protection in the event of a fire.

From there i cut my pieces of rubbery foam into shapes similar to what was already there. I used double sided tape and stuck my foam cutouts to cover all the old stuff.

I reinstalled the dash, and because of the extra layer of padding between it and what the dash originally had, it was pretty quiet.

pullin/reinstallin the dash is no easy chore. i broke a few things, and im sure i lost a few screws, but other than that it went well. I think the chiltons manual shows where all the screws are. DON'T get frustrated and start busting climate control shit. Its all plastic levers and rods, and you've got to be careful when trying to remove them.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

heck ya man u can put it almost anywhere. one of the guys in our club did the roof and floor in his cirius. then another guy in the club put dynomat under his hood and it really kept a lot of the motor noise from getting outside of the car.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
ShEaNy

yea...My buddy and I have allrdy removed my dash to paint it...so it shouldnt be to hard a second time...we broke my damn clock doing it i might just dynomat the trunk and the doors..see how much of a difference that makes
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote