::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2002, 06:28 AM   #1
accord98lx

Help!

Can someone help me please. I have a 98 accord lx 4dr and a stock audio system. Everytime i play my CD player, the speaker on drivers side and the speakers in the back suddenly goes blank. What I mean is that it doesnt have any music coming out, only the passenger side has music coming out. I'm a newbie at this and I find Hondastyle very helpful and havent let me down. And no I cant take it to my local honda dealer to fix it because Its used, and no my 3 year warranty doesnt cover "audio system". And yes, it only happens when i play the cd player, sounds find when i play the radio. Thanks in advance
Old 06-13-2002, 08:24 AM   #2
Maxvla

sounds like a internal stereo problem since it works fine with the radio.

you might be looking at getting a new cd player. there are good ones for 160-200.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
blind34_1

Well first I would go with maxvla and say new system.

second, you can try to eliminate possibly problems:

- check the connections to speakers and check your head unit's wires. Make sure they are not loose or anything.

- I assume you are using the tape adapter for your cdplayer? or is it installed? Check that adapter, wiggle it around, try a different adapter. Check the heads on your tape player. Clean the heads.

- if that doesnt work, hit it. Take the unit out and while you are playing music hit it in various places. Dont destroy it, just give it heavy taps. See if it makes a difference. If it does, check the wiring again CLOSELY. If its all good, then you've probably got an internal problem and should chuck it for a new one.

I dont know its just what I would do.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:19 AM   #4
Maxvla

i think he's got a cd deck not a tape. you can get those optioned.

wire connections don't explain why it works with radio and completely not work with cd's.

wtf are you talking about take it out and play it while hitting it??? that'll do way more damage to the unit and the cd alike.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:26 PM   #5
blind34_1

I didnt catch that he said it worked with the radio. My fault.

and I also didnt know he had an installed cd player. I figure tapping it (witha tape) my create temp contact with whatever is messing up. I also figure he really has nothing to lose by beating the holy crap out of it, if he'l be getting a new system anyway.

Hitting things does work! This guy I knew got pissed at his computer once because he couldnt figure out why he was getting no picture. He finally hauled off and kicked the thing, which seated the video card and brought up a picture instantly. Its worked for me(hitting things) a few other times too.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 10:57 PM   #6
black95gs-t

used in moderation hitting things can be ok. but try to avoid hitting everything. sometimes this is not a good solution to problems. when the gf doesn't act rational, hitting her seems like a good idea at the time, but really i have studied this scenario and it in fact is a bad idea. hitting the tv when it does not work occasionally helps, just don't hit the glass part or you could end up with more problems. when the door to your house won't open, try hitting it, but not too hard as you might actually break it down, and the cops might come and ask you what you are doing. hitting you car when it does not start is not smart at all. hitting your window when you discover you have locked your keys inside is also a bad. glass breakage may occur. however, hitting is always the right thing to do when the toaster doesn't work, just make sure it isn't too hot, and also when the keyboard or mouse is broke and won't function properly.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 02:56 AM   #7
accord98lx

Ok guys thanks for the help, really appreciate it. I have found a temporary solution for my problem. I noticed everytime the speaker goes blank, i switch from [CD] to [FM/AM] then to [FM/AM] back to [CD]. My speakers gets restored for about 20 mins then goes blank, i keep going back to radio and cd. hehe. btw, wtf is a tape adapter??? thanks guys
Old 06-21-2002, 09:02 AM   #8
Maxvla

god... thats gotta be annoying.

tape adapter = portable cd player plugs into car tape deck with a "fake" tape with no tape in it... just sends the cd signals to where the head is reading the data.

you don't have a tape deck so you don't need to worry about a tape adapter.