::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2002, 05:43 PM   #1
accordboy00

Any traffic Violators?

Today I just got a ticket for speeding in a construction zone. The limit posted was 25 and I was clocked at 54mph. I was ticketed under vehicle code 22350, which is the basic speed law. I know that construction violations double the fine. So has any one here been ticketed for the same thing? What kind of financial damage am I looking at? My last ticket was for not completely stopping at a stop sign a year ago. Oh yeah, I was in Brea, California when I was stopped
Old 02-06-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
93chromeacc

damn, that gonna hit the pocket hard. I deal with about a ticket per month and they hurt. Mine are usually for about 20 over the limit or noise abatement. My speeding fines are mostly between $180 and $280 the noise abatement depends on where. I don't know about there but here in Louisiana they trip on everything and collect hella bank.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:06 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

it is gonna hit you pocket really hard. well here in oh if you double the speed limit or go 20 mph over is considered reckless driving so it's gonna hit you.

P.S. Don't you think that this is a bit of off-topic. Somebody move it to ot forum.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:32 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

P.S. Don't you think that this is a bit of off-topic. Somebody move it to ot forum.

Done....

What the hell were you doing going so fast through a construction zone? Were there workers around?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
Maxvla

my first and only ticket was rolling (like 3 mph) through a stop sign out in the boonies at 11pm. cop was stopped with lights off just waiting for me. my ticket was 85$ and they rejected any of my claims.
my insurance didnt go up though so thats cool.
its a good thing i dont have a fast car or i'd prolly have 10 speeding/racing tickets to boot.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #6
tightteg52

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/article.php?id=903 try that somone posted it on another board this should help quite a bit(warning long article)
Old 02-07-2002, 09:25 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
it is gonna hit you pocket really hard. well here in oh if you double the speed limit or go 20 mph over is considered reckless driving so it's gonna hit you.

Double the speed limit might be reckless op, but 20 over isn't. I just got one for 21 over and its not even a court appearance.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:03 AM   #8
alpine3069

my first ticket was 45 in a 25 and it was 145 dollors or so!!!
Old 02-07-2002, 12:06 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

0 tickets here..

Hopefully It'll stay that way!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:46 PM   #10
slowEJ6

ive gotten lotsa tickets......but my insurance didnt go up from any of them.....its great
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:29 PM   #11
93chromeacc

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
ive gotten lotsa tickets......but my insurance didnt go up from any of them.....its great

U know what, mine neither. I always wondered bout that, but that's fine with me. I won't try to research the reason behind that
Old 02-07-2002, 05:20 PM   #12
juvenile

Sorry to hear about that! :(

Nice link tightteg!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:08 PM   #13
BrandonClaps

omg the amount of tickets i had, if only i had a dollar for everytime i got a ticket. i've had maybe lets say 20 BS tickets can u guess what they are for? yep electrical stuff! neons/strobes/music, well tint too many of those. got one speeding ticket 60 in a 40, i wrote into the DA's office, just got a small $100 fine with no points on license, i had a witness that wrote a statment, and i told them how the van infront of me was pulling away. as soon as the cop pulled a u turn i pulled over, i knew he was comin after me, but i thought it was for my tint. i've been to court many times. don't worry to much, if it's your first speeding ticket write in, they usually give no points, but u get a fine, at least your insurance won't go up.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:32 PM   #14
TruHeel142

Well guys, if I ever get a speeding ticket, I'll be on here immediately to see what I can do to get out of it. I could care less about getting a ticket and paying a $100 fine, but I can't afford to have my insurance shoot up.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:01 PM   #15
BrandonClaps

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142
Well guys, if I ever get a speeding ticket, I'll be on here immediately to see what I can do to get out of it. I could care less about getting a ticket and paying a $100 fine, but I can't afford to have my insurance shoot up.

no dizzy, just mail DA and bargain ;D
Old 02-07-2002, 10:13 PM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Double the speed limit might be reckless op, but 20 over isn't. I just got one for 21 over and its not even a court appearance.

first ticket ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:03 AM   #17
accordboy00

nope,
there were no construction workers, trucks, etc..
The officer didn't say anything about reckless driving or anything