.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Body Kit? or Turbo? or save my money and free the Snakes at the zoo?
Go for the Kit man Turbo will come later. 1 20.00%
Turbo why have style when you can't be beat? 4 80.00%
i like Snakes free them ALL of them! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
Limester

*coughs* anyone else like a rush?

Yes i said rush anyways im new here (like everyone else posting) i drive a 96 Accord 2 door coupe EX had it about 2 months now already ive got Lime Green 36" neons Iceman Cold air intake (yes its a 4 banger) 5 speed btw, today i just put in two 12's a Pioneer 450 IMPP and a VolFenHag 1000W with 4,000 pushing them. Blah it ok cept for i had to stop and pick up my side panneling. anyways thinking about adding a tubro or Body kit not sure i work at Sonic(america's worst drive in) and have to budget. anyways lemme know what you think and if you all think im gonna be another Nuience to the Forums i always am Later!
-Limester
Old 08-20-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:18 AM   #3
pbateson

Welcome 2 the board!

Bard,

Don't wasted your money for the Turbo Kit.

Your car is totally lime-green?
Old 08-21-2003, 08:24 AM   #4
GirlSolRacer

He said Lime Green NEONS, not paint.

For a 4 cylinder accord, I don't think i would bother with a turbo. A 75 shot of nitrous would get you about the same thing, with less money and less maintenance. Turbos that are put on cars that aren't turbo from the factory require very careful maintenance. You have to keep up with it. Get a bottle and have it installed, and all you have to worry about is getting it filled when you empty it. Just don't spray over a 75 shot without upgrading your fuel system. And the price is better too. Nitrous kit should be about $500 and up. Turbos start out A LOT highe.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:08 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Welcome to HS man.

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlSolRacer
He said Lime Green NEONS, not paint.

For a 4 cylinder accord, I don't think i would bother with a turbo. A 75 shot of nitrous would get you about the same thing, with less money and less maintenance. Turbos that are put on cars that aren't turbo from the factory require very careful maintenance. You have to keep up with it. Get a bottle and have it installed, and all you have to worry about is getting it filled when you empty it. Just don't spray over a 75 shot without upgrading your fuel system. And the price is better too. Nitrous kit should be about $500 and up. Turbos start out A LOT highe.

and i don't think notrous is always the answer. it really depends on what you wanna do with the car too. if the car is not used for drag racing forget the nitrous and get a turbo.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #6
Limester

Thanks for the Warm greetings everyone..havn't met a better car forum than this..wow im staying lol the nitrous? whoa.. my dad would kill me no matter the mixture, He has had to replace tooooo many gaskets and Rods *shivers* doubt it will happen. probly just upgrade the clutch and find some high performance V-tec parts... blah man i wish i had a V6...
Old 08-24-2003, 09:54 PM   #7
pimpinprelude

welcome.... i think that nitrous is cheating.. if your car is going to have hp. it needs to have it all the time... just my 2...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote