::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
Chi-town EX

98 Accord EX Sedan

i recently bought a 98 accord ex and to make sure the cars history was ok, i checked it out on carfax. I found out that it was sold at an auction and also used as a fleet vehicle. Now what does this actually mean? That my car was used as a rental?? Right now i am very pissed and i am about to go back to the dealer and really b**** them out!!! Other than that, there was no previous damage to the car (thank god) but if my car was used as a fleet vehicle, can honda dealers actually go and sell it to someone???? i need help guys!!!! also i was wondering if anyone here had a pic of the inside of a stock accord ex sedan. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanxxx
Old 05-10-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
spoogenet

A lot of car dealerships pick up cars at auctions. There isn't anything necessarily bad about that. Whether they bought it as green, yellow, or red light, though, is what determines whether it's bad or not. Usually the dealers won't buy anything other than green or yellow, but preferably green.

The main thing you want to check for with carfax reports is junk status on the title or mileage rollbacks for the odometer. The junk status is usually if the car was in a wreck, maybe flooded, or something of that sort where the car was essentially discarded. For mileage rollbacks, it's hard to tell with newer cars since they tend to have less of a service record.

The car could have been registered as a fleet vehicle for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure if rental cars count as fleet vehicles or not. It could have been for some other corporate use that wasn't rental, though. Just because it's a fleet vehicle doesn't make it bad. It's still a Honda.

Didn't the dealership offer to pull up a carfax report before you bought it? That's something they should have offered to you. They will pretty much always pull up reports on the cars before they buy them at auctions, or maybe soon after they by them at auctions, so usually they have them on hand. Hindsight is always 20/20, but you should always check a carfax report before buying a used car. Some dealerships will provide them for free.

Just why do you want a picture of the interior? Do you suspect something was done with it?
Old 05-13-2002, 10:56 PM   #3
skabone69

Re: 98 Accord EX Sedan

Chances are that your car is not a rental. I work for a rental car company and Honda does not Fleet out there cars for rental, or atleast not for Enterprise. I'd say it was proably leased out to some company, maybe a sales person.