.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2002, 02:37 PM   #1
juvenile

Help!!!!!!!

Ok, I really like this chic in my school.
Don't know anything about her. But I see her in the halls all the time! That girl is BEAUTIFUL!!!! The last couple of times I even managed to make eye contact while passing bye, so I know she noticed me. I finally am getting some balls to ask her out on monday, and that's not going to be easy for me (I never had one go succefuly, + I never dated before!). So it's like going to war for me, I only hear about it, but never been there before!

But my dilema is that how do I ask her out. I know the oldie but goldie line "Would you like to see a movie sometime?"
but the problem is I'm flat broke, and my parents aren't exactly in the best financial situation either (new house + new car + getting grandparents over here + many other things). So I can't afford to pay for her let alone myself. Movies cost from 8.50-13.50 here alone. There will be food I'm guessing also. So how the hell do I ask her out so I don't make myself look like bum and spend little money. I mean I can get some cash, maybe 10-20 at max if I borrow from someone (I'm starting my summer job at a local theme park in 2 weeks again so I can pay back then). My house ain't an option to rent a movie since my parents will be here, I can't kick em out, and I don't want to bring a girl on my first date to my house to meet my parents. My dad'll be cool and quite, my mom will be trying to be cool and asking all these stupid questions which will embarasse me. Plus how will I look bringing a girl on a first date to my house. Oh boy I'm f@cked....any suggestions.

Oh and another thing. Since I dont' know anything about her, not even her name, how should I even start the conversation off. Please help!
Old 03-03-2002, 03:06 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Hey dude! Are you really that broke? I mean how are you able to put gas into your car??

In any case, if you dont know anything about her, you gotta find a way to *bump* into her. Maybe you know somebody who knows her?

Going to the movies is one of the safest/least expensive/fail-safe methods to get with a girl..

If you're courageous you could always take her to a Second Cup. But then, I hope you have major conversation skills.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #3
juvenile

Ahhhh.....conversation skills.....what's that?
Now I'm not bad, but I'm nervous around girls I like. I start thinging that they dont' like me, and that if I say something they might not like me because of it and things like that.

About money, my dad pays for the gas. Basically I use it to goto school and back monday - friday, and see friends on the weekend. Overall with all our expenses I don't have that much cash yes. Like I said I most likely will be able to get like 20 bucks, but I need to pay for her too, ok I go to AMC which costs 8.50, that's $17, no cash left for popcorn or drinks! Am I a screwed man?
Old 03-03-2002, 03:37 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

ok, I just realized something.. You cant really ask a girl out without know her the least bit, unless its for sex (but thats a whole other topic)..

During recess and lunch, try sit at the same table as her.. And casually add something to their conversation. If she has any interest in you, she'll want to know more about what you have to say.. And from then on, its all good!

There, it didnt cost anything.

Old 03-03-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
juvenile

Ahhhhh....I goto mt.biker's place for lunch. And it's not like people exactly all sit in the cafeteria. A lot of people leave school and go somewhere. That's the whole thing I don't see her anywhere except the halls!

And it's not for sex!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:03 PM   #6
NooNz

if i had the cash...i'd loan ya some money....

well how much money do you have altogether?....and be honest cuz itz the only way i can help or try to pull something off for ya!...
Old 03-03-2002, 04:08 PM   #7
NooNz

if you gotz icq or msn...leave your icq number or msn hotmail address so i can get ahold of you and help ya somehow...or find me on icq...6105768
Old 03-03-2002, 04:12 PM   #8
juvenile

in my bank account... about 30¢
my dad pays for most of my expenses
just that after christmas too many other unexpected bills came so I try to cut my spending expenses.
I start my job in Wonderland in about a month, but in 1-2 weeks we have paid training! But right now I myself have nothing. Can't get much/none from dad!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:13 PM   #9
NooNz

hmm..not even like 20 bux or something?
Old 03-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #10
juvenile

Nope! I can get 20 bucks from a friend and pay him back later, but that's about it. I don't think I can get much more than that!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:29 PM   #11
NooNz

try borrowin another 20 bux form another friend!..haha...
msg me on icq...easier to talk there if you want....
Old 03-03-2002, 04:57 PM   #12
juvenile

Done, authorize me!
Old 03-03-2002, 05:23 PM   #13
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Pretend you're going the same we she is..
& you can offfer her a ride??

Unless she has a car.
:o

You're in which grade?

Old 03-03-2002, 06:01 PM   #14
juvenile

I'm in Grade 12. I think she's in 11. A ride, well won't most girl get afraid to get in a car of a stranger. And if they do, that means they will get into anyone elses car too.

I guess I can try the ride thing, but as with past experiences of me and other friends, cars don't always impress girls! Well some girls they do, but I don't want that type of girls. Decent women won't get easily impressed by a guy with a car, and won't get into his car especially if he's a stranger!
Old 03-03-2002, 09:44 PM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

good luck man, my past relationship just kinda happened, we were on the couch watching tv, next thing you know..... you know i wish i could help ya, i met her at work, we just hung out on and off for a few weeks, then we got close, be careful not to rush it though, we rushed it. that night we made out in her bed for 4 hours and fell asleep in each others arms.......

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #16
juvenile

damn...
Old 03-03-2002, 09:53 PM   #17
4jacks

Dude, Do you have Paypal... Damn I'll give you $20 if this gurl dates you!

Movies make a lousy first date... you cant talk ... you need to talk for the first Date ! IT's mandatory...

Here's you first line !
Stop the gurl , get her to acknowledge you. and say "How ya doing?" or "How are you doing?" .. or however you feel comfortable sayin it, say it really pleasant.. shut the door and practice... and practice your smile too.

she will either be interested or not.. if not ... NO LOSS ... you dont look stupid.. your still cool.... If so you NEED to pretend to have conversation skills. Tell her your name, ask her name, and JUST ask questions and Listen... do as little talking as possible! ask open ended questions ... never a yes or no question. Ask her about College, Her current classes, her Freinds .. any thing you can think of.... Walk in the hall with her !!! pretend your goin that way ... be late to class !! At the end Ask her if she likes Golf! If she does great , ask her to go to the driving range w/ you. If she doesn't like golf, Great, tell her she has to teach you and to go to the driving range w/ you.

The diriving range is a great first date, you both look stupid and you get to talk ... TALKING is mandatory... before the date... Pick up a readers digest... read the funny little articles in them ... use these as conversation back up... conversation lacks.. you pretend that is YOUR funny little story.. that happened to Your uncle or something... you make her giggle and then you hit her w/ another Question. Just hit her w/ a million questions, write down all the question you can think of she will talk your ear off and love you for listening... she ask you the same questions , so be prepared to answer them not to fast and not too long winded.

Well i hope all this helps... if you really need $20 I can paypal it to you, but i dont know how soon it will hit your Bank Account

Email me

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 10:00 PM   #18
juvenile

Damn dude thanks for your offer and advice. That's really long but GOOD advice too. Thank you all.
Well I'll think on the offer and use it only in desparate measures. But I'll hope my friends can spot me some money. Thank you though!
Old 03-03-2002, 10:02 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

thats awsome man. im using it!

Old 03-03-2002, 10:13 PM   #20
Niacin

Want a quick opening? Try "Hi." If that goes well for you, go right into "How ya doing?", and, if you're really on a roll, swing in with "What's your name? I'm -----".

As for cheap dates, take her for a walk or something. Coffee is always <$10, and you're guaranteed to talk. Just don't play like you're all hard and sh__, and be honest. And don't think you're gonna spank her right off, 'cause once you're thinking in that mode, you're lost.

Max
Old 03-03-2002, 10:18 PM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Niacin
Want a quick opening? Try "Hi." If that goes well for you, go right into "How ya doing?", and, if you're really on a roll, swing in with "What's your name? I'm -----".

As for cheap dates, take her for a walk or something. Coffee is always <$10, and you're guaranteed to talk. Just don't play like you're all hard and sh__, and be honest. And don't think you're gonna spank her right off, 'cause once you're thinking in that mode, you're lost.

Max
this guys right, dont try to "spank it" the first night, its deffinitaly not good for a relationship, i lost what i thought was perfect because i think we went to fast. we didnt get much of our cloths of either. just take it slow, walks, maybe a drink or ice cream. just get to know her. she might not be everything she looks like. you find true beauty on the inside, then every part of her just looks pefect to you.

Old 03-03-2002, 10:18 PM   #22
juvenile

oh yeah I know that. I did watch Tao of Steve.
Anyone who didn't see that movie GO WATCH IT NOW!!!
Helps alot! I got some advice from there!
Old 03-04-2002, 03:39 AM   #23
Quist

Just try and be relaxed. Women can sense confidence, just make sure you are calm about everything. These guys here have giving you great advice so I would listen to them.

Also write things down the night before and study your questions so you can just fire them off whenever you need to.

Either way keep us up to date on how things go. Some of us around here are on a off season(no women around). any ways have fun with it because thats what lifes all about.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:18 AM   #24
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Heres my 2 cents...

As far as the pickup goes. You dont need and smooth line of BS or anything like that 9 times out of 10 youll just make fyour self look like an ass. Be yourself, try to stay calm.

The movies is the worst place for a first date!!!

Go some place where you can talk. This doesnt have to cost much of anything. I dont know what kinda places you have around there, but Im sure you can find something if you open your mind.

Good Luck!!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:32 AM   #25
girlzgotcarz

Ok personally I think a movie is not a good Idea, Why you may ask? well think about it you sit there and watch the movie, don't say a word to eachother until it is over then the date is almost over, take her somewhere you can sit and talk, so you can get to know eachother, take her to a coffee shop, or how about planning a picnic ( weather Permitting ) there are so many things you can do that will not cost you a bunch of money, or maybe you could kick mom and dad out for the evening ask them to go out for dinner and see a movie and cook her a nice dinner, girls really like that stuff. Here is a little hint for ya as far a conversation goes: she will be as nervous as you so any topic you bring up she will listen, if all else fails talk about cars, try to explain to her what she doesn't understand about them, and most important of all ask her questions about herself, get her to talk about her it will show her that you really want to get to know her. GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Great minds think a like..
Old 03-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #27
girlzgotcarz

hehe true
Old 03-04-2002, 05:10 PM   #28
juvenile

WOW you're saying hot chics get nervous too?
Oh and by the way I tried lookin for her at school but didn't see her today, so it's post-poned till tommorow. I'm just nervous about the very first time I come up to her. I get really afraid and nervous! It's like a test/challenge for me! Oh boy, why am I not good with women?
Old 03-04-2002, 09:08 PM   #29
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the very first word is the hardest, after that everything will just flow

Old 03-04-2002, 09:53 PM   #30
juvenile

hmmmmmm....
Old 03-05-2002, 02:35 AM   #31
Quist

Quote:
hmmmmmm....

Not a great opening sentence might want to work on that one.....j/k

Tells how it goes and listen to everyone here.

AWESOME ADVICE guys and girls, you all deserve a pat on the back.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:49 PM   #32
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

I take it you haven't seen Half Baked. That sh*t works if you've seen it. Plus its hella funny, B. If you seen it you know what I'm talking about.
Or try this
Ok, depending on where you are, try the park. Nice walk, have a little picnic type thingy. Movies are way overrated for a first day. How are you going to talk and get to know someone while watching a movie. You need a nice, quiet location. Use your imagination and you will be ok. She will like that more anyway because it will be unique!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 04:59 PM   #33
juvenile

Ok, well today I was looking for the chic, couldn't find her ANYWHERE. Only saw her once from a distance while I was with my boys lol. Then after school I went looking for her, can't find her. As I was sitting in my car, my boss called to talk to me about my summer job this year, and as I was talking to him, she's walking, BY HERSELF, on the other sidewalk, then there are people in front of her so she starts to cross the street, but as she was crossing, she looks into the car and right into my eyes. We held eye contact for like 10 seconds, then she just walks really close to my car. I couldn't do anything since it was a really important conversation!

It was such a perfect opportunity too!
Well, I'm going to do it by the end of the week. March break is soon, and if any time is perfect to try, it's then, when we are free!
Old 03-06-2002, 05:06 PM   #34
4jacks

HELL NO DUDE !!!!!!!!!!!

Do it tommorow ... Don't start this Pansy ass "I'll do it by the end of the Week" Crap.... I hate to be mean, But you hang up on your boss, cut some class, or whatever it takes!!!!!

Guts to do this kinda stuff DOESN'T stick around long.

Beside you got like 50 of us reading this link EVERY day to see how it's going!!

SO GOSH DARNIT !!!! You ask that gurl Tommorow !!!

I'm tellin ya... you'll regret putting it off!

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 05:39 PM   #35
Quist

Hell ya 4Jacks!!!!!!!!!! You tell him!!!!!

All of us keep coming back to this link to see how your love life is coming along....the least you could do is do it and get it over with!! And then feed us the juicy details

Dont put it off, you will regret it.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:05 PM   #36
juvenile

No no tommorow is thursday, I WILL do it tommorow. Hell I got Management studies tommorow, I know what I'm doing, so I'm going to wait up and talk to her...
Old 03-07-2002, 09:03 PM   #37
Quist

ITS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEELLLLLLLLLL?????????
Old 03-07-2002, 09:27 PM   #38
juvenile

.............................................. .................................
WHY CAN I NEVER FIND HER WHEN I FEEL MOST READY!
Old 03-08-2002, 07:09 AM   #39
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Dont give up man... Youll find her sooner or later..

Man, I remember in school when there was a girl I wanted to ask out. Id find out what all of her classes were at what time. That way I could strategize a path crossing sometime during the day..
Old 03-08-2002, 02:48 PM   #40
Quist

Quote:
Man, I remember in school when there was a girl I wanted to ask out. Id find out what all of her classes were at what time. That way I could strategize a path crossing sometime during the day..

Cool I thought that I was the only guy that did that back in school!!