::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2003, 01:20 PM   #1
aznbabyb0y

My 94 Ls wont start help pleaes....

Hey guys i woke up this morning and was ready to go to work when i tried starting my car... and all i heard was a click... as if the starter is not working... but im not sure because i've never had this problem. It either has no spark from the starter,or could it be the altenator can someone leave me some feedback i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance..
Old 03-14-2003, 08:03 PM   #2
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

It's not the alternator- it only runs when the motor does. Could be the battery, too. Do you get anything? Lights full strength?
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 01:50 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i remember my brother having this problem. i was away from home so i can't really verify what the hell went on, but my dad took out the starter and took it apart, cleaned all the contacts then he put it back toghether. knock on wood it works even after 8 months

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:10 PM   #4
rody084

i had the exact same problem this morning... i noticed that my auto seat belts were a little slow when i got in and i thought maybe it was just cuz it was cold. and then the car would just click and not start.
i got a jump and it started right up, just make sure you charge the battery for a while b4 u turn it off so that it starts up next time
Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM   #5
'87 integra

the battery is probably dead....clean the spark plugs too...make sure they look good.......make sure to turn your lights off....i left mine on the whole day i was in school today...went out to parking lot and tried starting it...the clicking sound didnt even work it was so dead
Old 03-18-2003, 10:44 PM   #6
blind34_1

or a crappy connection. My car did that click, and I knew I had done some work earlier. I checked the negative terminal, and it was very loose.

also a side note: if you happen to have your socket wrench on you when you need to tighten the battery screw, and it breaks, most of the other screws will work too! Thank you honda for using all 10mm bolt heads!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #7
Shot 2 Hel

its the starter i had that problem a few months ago
Old 03-21-2003, 06:31 PM   #8
pimpinprelude

check the bat. connections* like every one else told you.
a little trick if the bat. is ok then check the wires going to the bat. and make shure those are tight, and if you cant get them to go any tighter then flip them over and push um' on that will give you a really good connection. good luck!

the new alabama moto:We are one big happy famly......no really!
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:58 PM   #9
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpinprelude
the new alabama moto:We are one big happy
famly......no really!

or Arkansas, guess the Arkansas jokes might be a Mississippi thing
Old 03-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #10
pimpinprelude

yea most of the alabama jokes you will here are in georgia...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #11
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Yeah i had this problem with my 92 LS like HondaMan said. We tried to buy another starter and it didn't work. We cleaned the old one out and put it back on. Still no luck at the time. When i went to look at the engine the black (-) wire was not connected well to the battery, even though my system was running the same full power on lights and everything. SO you might wanna check the wires.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:10 PM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

YEah so like i said try the wires b4 u do anything to it.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:13 PM   #13
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

He must have gotten it to work. He hasn't been back.

Punk.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 01:47 PM   #14
Shot 2 Hel

^ lol