::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2002, 11:50 AM   #1
wuellism

Yes I'm a Dumb Girl

Hello everyone! I'm a dumb girl and I don't know too much about cars. I have a 97 Acura 3.0 CL and I want to modify it and make it look cool. Does anyone have any suggestions? Nothing to the engine. All I can think of is the windows tinted. I don't want to get big rims. Any suggestions, like lights or anything else?
Old 05-21-2002, 12:02 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HondaStyle

If you're just going for looks, you'll need tint, rims, and a drop. After that you could maybe put a kit on the car if that's your thing.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 02:29 PM   #3
Honda_Gurl

howdy hello & welcome to HS

don't call yourself dumb! a lot of us started out not knowing anything, don't worry. if you're strictly going for looks, and your car's body is in good shape, i'd say the tint, rims and a mild drop like 94accordex said. aside from that maybe clearing out your lights (depending on what your lights look like cause i'm not exactly sure on those cars). if it's not in good shape, you could fix any body work and get a new paintjob...
Old 05-21-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
wuellism

94 Accord EX you suggested that I put a kit on my car. What is a kit? I really don't know too much about this stuff. And to Honda Gurl where do you go to find different lights that fit your car? I have seen all the cool lights that people have but I have no idea here to get them at. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wuellism
94 Accord EX you suggested that I put a kit on my car. What is a kit?

Well, a body kit is something that replaces your side skirts, bumpers, etc. and has a more radical design to it. These aren't for everyone, and I personally wouldn't want one on my car, but many people going for a good looking car use them. I'm not sure what is made for your car, but you can go here: http://www.wingswest.com/ to get a better idea.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:03 PM   #6
Honda_Gurl

hey girl, i went to look up some stuff about your car, and i found a cool site for you. not to kick you out of here, but check out www.acura-cl.com they have a bunch of info on your car. but please don't leave us here! i know they sell clear corners and stuff for your car, check ebay and procarparts.com as far as tailights, i really don't know what's offered. hope that helps a little.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:59 AM   #7
Maxvla

make a sleeper outta that CL and smoke some V8's. make us proud.

gratuitous definition - sleeper: car that has been heavily modified under the skin (motor, etcetera) to be one fast-ass car, but looks as close to stock as possible so when you race people have no idea what they are getting themselves into. which thusly slaps a huge grin on your face and maybe a few giggles.

darn... i want a sleeper now.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:09 AM   #8
Lovebuzz13

Welcome.

Introducing yourself as a "dumb girl" isn't a good way to start.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:34 AM   #9
wuellism

Thank you!

Thank you everyone for your advice. I'm okay with the fact that I introduced myself as a dumb girl because I'm dumb when it come sto this subject matter. Thanks a lot!
Old 05-22-2002, 10:06 AM   #10
LudeBitch

Hello and welcome to HS!

I really didn't know much before I got here, but I know more now. This is a great place to learn!
Old 05-22-2002, 10:43 AM   #11
BottLeFedCivIc

Welcome to HS....
Old 05-22-2002, 01:39 PM   #12
ShEaNy

Welcome to HS! u should really get rims, body kit, and maybe spoiler? and different lights, and the tint!
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 03:01 PM   #13
wuellism

Little more help.

Sheany...I wouldn't mind getting a body kit but I would love to know how to find one for my car. They sure have them for a lot of other cars but I can't really find one for mine. I don't really want to get rims the ones on my car are the 17" factory rims with the Acura on them and look pretty good. Don't you have to be really careful as you get bigger rims because they are easier to pop? I do already have a spoiler. And with lights all I could really do is get Xneon bulbs because that is really all that is really all I see that you can get unless you completely change the car and put cheaper looking lights on. I don't want it to look tacky and cheap because it's a luxury but fast sporty car. Any more suggestions?
Old 05-24-2002, 03:53 PM   #14
4jacks

Your not Dumb .. Your just UNKNOWLEDGE-I-FIED

Go here for a massive amount of links to find Body Kits
LINKT-I-FIED

If you have factory riims, then rims can wait, at least your not rollin on hub caps....
Don't forget the Tint!
Lowering the Car with a set of Springs and/or coilovers adds a realy nice look to the car.

My real suggestion is to go pick up a copy of Sport Compact Car. Look at all the rides in thier, and if you see anything you like, but don't know what it is, or where to get it... come back and ask we're all bound to know.

Also go to www.ebay.com and do a search on your car... that always turns out some interesting results, and lets you know what is out thier for your car.

Welcome to the boards
Happy Honda'ing

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 07:05 PM   #15
Grey16

welcome get a kit and do your lights just just don't get the attezas(sp?)
Old 05-28-2002, 04:59 PM   #16
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

First off, welcome to HondaStyle. Your not a dumb girl, you just aren't informed. Yet. Spend some time here and you'll find all the answers to your problems and if the Chief likes ya, you could even discover the secret to life!
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:44 PM   #17
blind34_1

Hey welcome to HS. You won't be uneducated very long if you just ask questions (on this site and otherwise.) Do you have pics of your car? Its much easier to give suggestions to a physical picture than a mental picture. If not oh well.
My suggestion is: NO DECALS!, at least until you do some engine work (and you will, its inevitable - fun when you do)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote