Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2001, 05:34 PM   #1
giroman2

new guy looking for answers

I own a 95 accord ex that I purchased used about 4 years ago. The car is in pretty good shape except the tires were going bald so I decided that at this point since I cant afford a new car It was time to get a new look along with the tires. So...the guy in the tire store says why not upgrade to 17inch wheels? ok. I bought 17 in enkei RS5's and Yokohama 215 40 17 tires. I thought it was a nice improvement considering the old wheels were somewhat pitted. The handling is much more responsive now too.
These are my questions: Do my wheels suck? I found out after I bought them that they are kind of knock off's. Enkei produces them specifically for sale in the national chain where I bought them. Does this mean they are inferior or do I just look like an idiot? I paid about $135 per wheel. Next question, what about the tires? right size or should I have gone with 205 45 17? Last question, I am interested in other tasteful modifications...performance and exterior. Is there a book, magazine or other way to find out what some of these modifications are or should I just keep reading through posting forums etc.

any help you can give will be much appreciated.

sincerely,

ignorant new guy who wants a new car but will settle with a new look and feel.