Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

Thiefs and alarm systems

Today I got my freagging car broken into. The stupid idiot couldnt even open the trunk to find that I have 2 kicker subs, 900 watts amp and I had one of my aem intakes that was going to give to my friend the next day. The idiot brakes my passanger side window and scratches the door then all he steals is my air freshener and a disposable camera. He was an ametaur cause he couldnt even get the trunk to open when it was locked. He also didnt steal any money in the coinbox. WHy do idiots ruin other peoples cars for just one air freshener and a disposable camera.
Oh yeah forgot to add, he tried to steel my face plate cover, good thing I always take out my valuables when I leave my car. He also forgot to steal my cds which was in my car along with a dub sac. Damn beaners need to stop stealing kitty shit.

My other question is what kind of alarm system is good? I want one that will beep when someones near or at least make sound so I can call the cops when I hear it. Also is the viper alarm systems any good? or should I got with OEM alarm.
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Re: Thiefs and alarm systems

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
Damn beaners need to stop stealing kitty shit.

Way to be a prick in an online community. Ass

Even if you had an alarm, your window would still be broken. If someone wants in, they will get in. Fact of life.
Sorry it happened to you, but DO NOT be derogator on this forum again. Thats something I cannot stand and you will be kicked out. Thats your only warning on the subject.

Now...if you want my opinion, I suggest Clifford.
They offer lots of add-ons (certain alarms) and features for most of their alarms. They are expensive and good quality.

But a cheap-o alarm that offers knock sensor, light monitor, and glass would suffice. Any alarm is just a siren. How many alarms do you hear each day? How often do you actually pay attention to them?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

I can vouch for Pdiggs on those comments.

I do feel bad for you tho since I have been in that situation before. My car got broken into twice in 2 months. The second time, with my alarm installed. If they want to steal your shit, they will. If you ever install an alarm system, you will know how easy it is to undo the siren. It will only take me 5 seconds to undo the siren.

My advice will be to get an alarm with a pager feature. Mount the siren to the hardest possible way to get to, like almost around the chassis. Camoflouge the wiring as well. I also advice to have 2 sirens. Put one inside the car. If they break the window, chances are, they will have a hard time isolating the sound providing that the siren wiring is inaccessible.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
racerface562
1st Gear

Thermal, how would you go about doing a 2nd siren?

But ya, you shouldn't point fingers at beaners. Sometimes it's ur own kind that will jack ur ass. I got my whole car stolen once, and broken into 3 times. Lucky I have full coverage on the vehicle to most things I can get back. But like pdiggs said, if they want it, they'll take it. But what are you doing with "kitty (hello kitty)" stuff any ways man? J/k
racerface562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
blind34_1

yep, got my car broken into 7 times so far. yes 7. at this point I've just stopped putting anything of any value in my car. I had an alarm on the civic, but when you sleep as heavy as I do, it doesn't matter. I'm currently working on a sort of "quick disconnect" method for my headunit, so I can take it with me.

anyway, you want the best security system? I'm keeping my eye on this: http://obsusa.com/products.html

^^ that's a kickass idea. I will gladly shell out a grand for that system, but its probably more than that.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #6
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

yeah but they be breaking windows to get into cars just to steal a freagging air freshener? how low can they get.. I have a suspect that I know did the breaking. He did this to me more than once and the other time was just for couple quarters. I need to protect myself from him because I see him in his car waiting til the right time when Im on my way home. If I had that alarm I would know hes there so I can go out and cap his ass. Anyways how much do those pager alarms cost? its better to buy an alarm than going through XXXX times fixing a cracked window.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:43 AM   #7
AkimboStylee

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
yeah but they be breaking windows to get into cars just to steal a freagging air freshener? how low can they get.. I have a suspect that I know did the breaking. He did this to me more than once and the other time was just for couple quarters. I need to protect myself from him because I see him in his car waiting til the right time when Im on my way home. If I had that alarm I would know hes there so I can go out and cap his ass. Anyways how much do those pager alarms cost? its better to buy an alarm than going through XXXX times fixing a cracked window.

please watch what you say, we here know that you dont mean any ahrm to this person, but posting something like that could get you in a lot of trouble, if not banned, so please think before you type something
Old 09-03-2004, 03:01 AM   #8
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

ok, what you do if someones stealing ur ride just call the popo or try to beat him up orsomething... its your car for god sakes
Old 09-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #9
AkimboStylee

like i said, some one visiting this board can take what you are saying the wrong way, please stop with the violent typing, i would hate to see someone get banned over someting so small as a broken window in a car.

the bad thing with hondas is they are the most stolen vehicle, and if your car gets broken into, then move it to somewere they cant get to. alarms are just thee to tell you that your car just got brokn into.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #10
racerface562
1st Gear

Well, if you know who it is, and he sits and waits for you...why not YOU sit there and wait for him with the LAW dude?!
racerface562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #11
mcruz
2nd Gear

i have five star alarm, it has a small car on it pager and beeps when somebody is touching my it flashes trunk, door (both sides) and window, i like it plus you can also remote start if you have stick and it is legal.

FOCUSHARD
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:24 PM   #12
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

nice... how much was it?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #13
mcruz
2nd Gear

it was $500. but it is worth it to me

FOCUSHARD
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:58 PM   #14
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

I guess any price is worth it in the long run because paying $100 everytime someone breaks your window can add up to more thatn 500
Old 09-08-2004, 05:05 PM   #15
thermal
Banning Machine

Goddaym! You paid $500 for an alarm similar to mine? I paid $100 for mine. It even came with power window module. I bought mine from somebody else who gave up trying to install it tho. My friend and I installed it 1 hour tops.... ha ha.

It's crazy these days man. I've seen cars that got broken into and their alarm system got stolen also!

Anyway to run another siren, just get an air horn or another siren from an auto parts store and tap it from the original siren. It's the same as putting another speaker in your car. All you need is the signal. Tap it the same way......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote