Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2004, 12:17 AM   #1
racerface562
1st Gear

what happens if I.......

install inline resistors and safc without a turbo and nothing else on a d16y7? If it works, what settings will should I use to have it idle and drive properly?

p.s.
I want to prep for a turbo as much as possible before the actual turbo install.....
racerface562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:44 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

this is a turbo set-up related question....... please post on the right forum next time.

Anyway, if you do not have the "bigger" injectors, Do NOT do it. Because the resistors changes the characteristic of the injectors and how it counters the ECU injector pulses (duty cycle). With stock 240cc, it will pretty much give you erratic RPM on all ranges... that's if you're lucky to even get your car started.

Without boost but with DSM 450cc injectors, it can be done but I highly do not recommend it. It's pointless since the AFC will be set all the way to -40 to 50%. It will be basically the same as the AFC "hack" set-up.

I know that you just want to prep as much as possible, but there are other things that you can do besides that. If not let me know I can give you tips. Just wait until you get your turbo set-up done. Wire your AFC now and then the injectors and resistor box later. It will only take 30-45 minutes for the resistors and injectors anyway.

Have fun with your AFC for now and learn how to street tune it...... safely of course.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:34 AM   #3
racerface562
1st Gear

sorry for the post...

Ok, so you've convinced me to go with just an SAFC for now. I'll hold off on the 450's/resistor install. Anything I can do to prep it more? I've already installed a capped off oil feed to the firewall. Also, what shall the settings be for a bone stock mutt with no turbo on the SAFC?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

Install your boost gauge and whatever else gauges you plan to use. You can still use the boost gauge without the turbo. It just wont pass the "0" reading. Wire your turbo timer as well. If you already have the intercooler, go ahead mount it or at least star making measurements.

As far the AFC set-point on stock motor N/A, just play around between +2 to +4 points of fuel on all RPM's and see what happens. Make sure you set the sensor on 6 in and 6 out. Set the car type to 4 arrow up. Leave the TH-point as is until you start boosting. Later

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-10-2004, 02:51 PM   #5
racerface562
1st Gear

any idea how to install a turbo timer to work with a viper "neighborhood" alarm? I hear that this can be tricky...
Old 09-10-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

i heard that too. Can you set the time delay on the "arm"? If you can then just set it to where the alarm can be activated but not "arm" until the engine shuts down. So you'll have to set the arm time longer than the duration of you tubo timer. if you can decipher this then you'll be in good shape:
http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...&threadid=6400

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
racerface562
1st Gear

Dang man, electrical things tickle my brains. Not too sure bout this one. Are all alarms basically the same? In your DIY, you didn't mention if this can be done on any other alarm. Does the relay exist on on all alarms? I have a Viper if that counts...
Old 09-10-2004, 11:42 PM   #8
racerface562
1st Gear

well I can view the installation manual of my alarm on the net. here's the link:

http://www.directechs.com/guides/man...iper/N439V.pdf

I see the relay you speak of. But the DIY does not have any pics for me to reference to on connecting everything up. Any ideas?
Old 09-11-2004, 12:34 AM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

I'm the same man. I hate playing around with relays. That link I posted was a cut and paste from an ol' friend that I lost contact with. Sorry I cant help man....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-11-2004, 03:28 AM   #10
racerface562
1st Gear

You helped enuf bro. Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know how it goes.