::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
sideshow775

Best tires for cheapest $$$

just wondering what tires i should get???
sideshow775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
AkimboStylee

all i have to say is you get what you pay for, and also a little more info on what size tires might help us a little, also i wish i hadd that image pat always uses........... SEARCH!!!! there is a whole tires/rims/suspension thread
Old 09-03-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
ewaugh

With knowing nothing else about your driving styel, use (i.e. autox, road racing, track days, daily driver, race only, suspesion setup...) http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_t.htm

ewaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:30 PM   #4
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
all i have to say is you get what you pay for

not always true, but as a rule of thumb, not a bad suggestion.

basically it depends on how much traction you're looking for. I'm running falken sr512's ( i think) and they're pretty good, like $95/tire. But there's many good tires out there, it just depends on how much traction you want (take into account treadwear and your usual driving conditions) and how much money you want to spend.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #5
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

I went down to buy some Yoko Avid H4S tires last week (not the Avid H4 POS tires everyone hates)...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Avid+H4S

...but they were on serious backorder, so I ended up buying Pirelli P3000 Cinturato (touring) tires instead. Next time I will have the H4S's delivered to my house.

I'm actually pretty happy with the Pirelli's. They are VERY stiff and have a nice, precise feel to them. I would judge them to be a good match-up for a Honda CiViC...

No bragging rights, but they were only 75 bones each...

http://www.epinions.com/Pirelli_P300..._~opinion_list

One last thing, if you drive your car a LOT, stay away from tires with big block tread designs. They're noisy, and they wear out fast, particularily on the edges, where they tend to feather and chunk. However, if you're just driving back 'n' forth to school and wanna impress your crew, go for it! Not flaming anyone! Just my opinion...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:41 PM   #6
Honda_Tengoku

Falkien Azenis sports They have outstanding handling characteristics, work almost as well as a drag radial when dropped around 20 PSI (people have gotten 1.9 60 foot times at the track with these), and fairly inexpensive for the quality of tire u get.

definately best tire for the buck.

tires I have had....
Pirelli P5000's= suck ass

Pirelli P6000's= suck ass

Eagle F1GSD3's=good tire. Very good handling, and characteristics, not quite as good as straight line traction as Falkiens, a bit expensive though.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:46 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

I agree about those Azenis. I think they kick ass. I'm running Yokohama Parada Spec2 and it grabs just like my previous Azenis.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Has anyone ever heard of a name brand called "Hankook"? If so, are they any good?
Old 09-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #9
sicones

hanhooks sucks ass too they have a very weak sidewall, I heard
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #10
rushb18

To anyone in here wants tires a guy on g2ic.com sells them go there in parts to buy trade and you will see his thread....He told me 280 shipped on falken ziex shipped 205-45-17 and he sells yokohama, azenis and others not to bad on pricing...I used to get toyos off a guy down where i used to live toyo's 17 inch tires 240 on a full set i think he still sells them at that price..
Old 09-08-2004, 08:51 PM   #11
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Heh! Did you guys know Falken Azenis (in this country) are made by Goodyear?

They have a supply agreement. Goodyear makes Falken tires for the US market, and Falken makes Goodyear tires for the Japanese market.
Quote:
Falken History

2004 Consolidation of Falken Tire Trading LTD. and SRI Tire Trading LTD. (SRIT) and the establishment of the new company SRIT as of April 1, 2004 to export Ohtsu brand tires.

2003 Established Falken Tire Trading, Ltd. for exporting and marketing of OHTSU and Falken brand tires to overseas.

2003 The OHTSU Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. merged with Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. and consolidated the management completely.

2001 Falken introduces Azenis ST115 Ultra High Performance, low
profile, silent running tires along with the ZIEX S/TZ04 M&S rated Specialty Light Truck tire and the ZIEX ZE-512 High Performance line. Debut of brand new Web Site and implementation of a comprehensive Enthusiast Marketing Program across the Nation.

2000 Falken introduces ZIEX S/TZ-01 Specialty Light Truck tires for pickups and sport utility vehicles.

1999 Falken introduces Ultra High Performance GRß FK-451 line of tires including 20" sizes. Received the coveted "Best Buy" rating from Consumers Digest for its ZIEX ZE-502 60 and 65 series HR rated performance radials.

1998 Falken introduces GRß line of Ultra High Performance tires.

1997 Sumitomo and Goodyear Tire enter into an "off-take" agreement whereby Ohtsu begins production of Goodyear high performance tires in Japan and Goodyear initiates the development of additional new Falken tire lines in the U.S.

1996 Ohtsu starts world-wide conversion of subsidiaries to carry Falken Tire name and relocates its U.S. offices to Falken Tire headquarters to strengthen research, development and customer support activities.

1993 Ohtsu became the major shareholder (80%) Chatani (20%).

1991 The Empco name changed to Falken Tire Corporation (FTC)

1990 Ohtsu and Chatani Enterprises, Inc. jointly acquired Empco (60% by Chatani, 40% by Ohtsu).

1985 Ohtsu named Empco Corporation as distributor of Falken Tires for the United States.

1983 Ohtsu introduced the Falken tire brand into the Japanese market as its flagship brand for high performance radial tires.

1981 After the termination of the relationship with Firestone, Ohtsu became an affiliate of the Sumitomo Rubber Industry.

1976 Miyazaki Plant: The most modern tire plant in the Japanese tire industry was completed to exclusively produce radial tires for both passenger and truck applications.

1962 The name was changed to Ohtsu Tire & Rubber Company.

1961 Firestone became one of the major shareholders, contributing both capital and technology to Ohtsu.

1946 Ohtsu shifted its production from aircraft to passenger tires.

1944 The Ohtsu Rubber Industry was established as a producer of aircraft tires.
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

huh...interesting
"And now you know...and knowing is 1/2 the battle"
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
IALuder

im running Nitto 555R Drag Radials. bad ass drag tires. dont like them in everyday driving tho. in the rian it suck hydroplaning like crazy. winter you can stop worth shit. dry out side do ok.

basically DRAG ONLY TIRES.

i also got Ventus HRIIs on the back. cant really tell ya anything about them. they got lots of tread left for the miles i have put on them.

i just got a new set of azenis with Rota C8s' for 300 bucks off my friend. ill use those for daily driving and Auto-X.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 AM   #14
racerface562
1st Gear

Goodyear/Falken Azenis has my vote
racerface562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:40 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

except the SUCK in the rain
I attepted to drive my buddies neon (in a parking lot) w/ rain once...that was the crappiest experience of my life.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:21 PM   #16
CivicSlug
1st Gear

I run the same Yoko's Thermalfi'd16 was talkin about. (Prada Spec-2) Now I have nowhere near the hp he's got, but I must agree they grab. Good on hi-way (not alot of road noise), Great in the rain, Best on whindy country roads (excelent traction). Alittle price though
CivicSlug is offline   Reply With Quote