Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2002, 03:07 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Is this even a kill?

On my way back from school today I pulled up next to a kid in a not-so-new Accord that was a real piece of work. You guy's would have loved it...a body kit that didn't fit right and wheels that weren't spaced correctly (not kicked out, but too much backspacing). The kicker was the fact that the paint on the car was a metallic purple with gold sparkles....yeah...this kid's a ***. He had no visible mods (not even exhaust) and this kid decides to throw a rev at me. After I finished laughing the light turns green and I went to between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle and walked away like he was in reverse. So the question is, should I even mention this to anyone else? I'm almost ashamed for giving this kid the time of day.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 06:54 AM   #2
SVT Cobra

i don't even consider those races. they happen too often.

btw, how old are you? did you get your car with those mods, or you did them? how much power are you making? i'm thinkin well over 500.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:14 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Dude why did you even waste your gas!?!?

You should have just laughed at him and let him be..

Good destroy anyway.

BTW.. Your car sounds sweet.. Got any pics?
Old 10-17-2002, 09:21 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

if i were you i would have put the car in reverse and raced him that way. maybe he would have gotten a chance accords == slow

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:10 AM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah, complete waist of your time.i wouldnt hve even agnowledged the kid, your just making him think you thought the car looked fast by racing it

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:49 AM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I wonder what % of streetable Accords run below 13.0..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:39 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Lol, that's not much of a competition for you, but nice kill

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 03:53 PM   #8
monkut

AccordMan, i wonder that same thing. i haven't seen any. but unless i get somehow deterred from my current goals, i'll be running at least that. one of the biggest motivators to me is that there are no fast accords so to have one would be special.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:12 PM   #9
toykilla

Sounds like a Vette bragging about beating a Geo Metro...Nice job
Old 10-17-2002, 08:34 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
i don't even consider those races. they happen too often.

btw, how old are you? did you get your car with those mods, or you did them? how much power are you making? i'm thinkin well over 500.

I'm 23. When I bought the car it had a few of the mods...mostly the suspension. I've worked overtime damn near every week for the past 4 or 5 years to afford what I've got now. It also helps to work for a company that's pretty generous with their stock options for full time workers. The car was my first car (now I've got a beater truck too) and I bought it with 36,000 original miles for $6,000. The last time the car was dyno'ed (before the SDS DFI kit, intercooler, and the current turbo) it made 527hp. That was with a EEC-IV processor, smaller intercooler, and a T-60 turbo. Most of the parts I've been lucky enough to trade or buy used. I'm hoping next time it's dyno'ed (after the tuning gets done) it'll make over 600hp.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-17-2002, 10:27 PM   #11
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I'm 23. When I bought the car it had a few of the mods...mostly the suspension. I've worked overtime damn near every week for the past 4 or 5 years to afford what I've got now. It also helps to work for a company that's pretty generous with their stock options for full time workers. The car was my first car (now I've got a beater truck too) and I bought it with 36,000 original miles for $6,000. The last time the car was dyno'ed (before the SDS DFI kit, intercooler, and the current turbo) it made 527hp. That was with a EEC-IV processor, smaller intercooler, and a T-60 turbo. Most of the parts I've been lucky enough to trade or buy used. I'm hoping next time it's dyno'ed (after the tuning gets done) it'll make over 600hp.

Dude...you get my mad props and respect. Nice car and keep doin what you are doing!
Respect!
Old 10-18-2002, 03:48 AM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

This picture is with the old wheels and the (then new) '93 Cobra spoiler. It still looks about the same, but with a 2 1/2" cowl hood and fatter wheels and tires. My apologies for the quality...it was taken with one of those throw-away cameras and scanned on a turd of a scanner.

BTW SVT...sorry bout rippin on ya before...but you gotta learn to go easy on some of these guys. On every message board you're gonna read so crap from a totally uninformed asshole, but like I said, not every thread is a battle. Happy racing everyone. I'm almost embarassed to have mentioned this one.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:48 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Nice stang!!
Old 10-18-2002, 07:18 AM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Nice stang!!

definitely his car looks nice and with the mods he will spank my accord even if he is on reverse

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:31 AM   #15
Erica_02civicCPE

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
accords == slow

you own an accord..yet you talk about them being slow? wow you must love your car
Old 10-18-2002, 09:03 AM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Why do people do that? That kid is a friggin' idiot. People like that give us all a bad rep.

Quote:
Originally posted by Erica_02civicCPE
you own an accord..yet you talk about them being slow? wow you must love your car

I own a Civic (an Si at that) and I know its slow. I'm not goin' to try and make myself feel better by saying its fast.
Its called "Coming to grips with Reality".
Old 10-18-2002, 10:37 AM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

I own a Civic and I know its slow. I'm not goin' to try and make myself feel better by saying its fast.
Its called "Coming to grips with Reality".

ditto!!
Old 10-20-2002, 04:24 PM   #18
toykilla

Still have that T-60 turbo?? I'm looking for one if you still have it.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:29 AM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
Still have that T-60 turbo?? I'm looking for one if you still have it.

Sorry man...I traded it to the guy who I got the T-76 from. This jackass bought a T-76 for a basically stock 302 and then got all pissed when the motor barely spooled the thing below 3500rpm. Somebody didn't do his homework. But hey...good thing for me cuz I got a T-76 for the trade plus $300 (I bought the T-60 used and had it rebuilt so I made out like a thief...but of course I told the guy that when we traded).

Old 10-21-2002, 06:28 PM   #20
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Sorry man...I traded it to the guy who I got the T-76 from. This jackass bought a T-76 for a basically stock 302 and then got all pissed when the motor barely spooled the thing below 3500rpm. Somebody didn't do his homework. But hey...good thing for me cuz I got a T-76 for the trade plus $300 (I bought the T-60 used and had it rebuilt so I made out like a thief...but of course I told the guy that when we traded).

Nice, nice. I'm getting a T-60 for a auto z28. Could go bigger but like you said, I want it to spool up fast. I guess I will have to get one new, only $890 for one. No big deal!!
Old 10-22-2002, 02:46 PM   #21
cashizslick

Dont consider it a win, that stuff hapends all the time to me.