.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 03:09 PM   #1
LilCivicGirl

Exclamation Cops Over use their power.

Ok people thats what my problem is. I live in the town of about 30.000 to 40.000 people. There is not too many done up cars. But there is some. Anyways when I got graphics, spoiler, tint, tail light covers, grill, custom painting, under body lights. Cold air ram, exhaust, chip, ported and polished heads. Every cop in town just gone crazy! One Freak pulled me over twice same day just to be an ass. and the sad thing he pulled me over 2 ON THE SAME PARKING LOT full of other improts. I love speed and now I never speed.
But I do take off from the red light on about 7000 rpm in 1 and 2 gear. but when I get to speed limit I drive normal. And still get pulled over. Another thing is they pull me over saying for speeding, but they search my freaking car. Or they just pull me over never telling me rason why, and still search my car!!!!!!
I am getting really frastraited and angry!
Have no idea what to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg civic#1.jpg (14.8 KB, 170 views)

Old 11-01-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
blind34_1

taking off from a red light at 7 grand in 1st gear will squeel tires. A cop can pull you over for that. And also if you have an excessivly loud exhaust, he can pull you over for that. Its diff in certain states, but any lighting (neons, washer leds, etc.) can be cause for a traffic stop also.

And as far as I know, you don't have to consent to a search. They have to ask you. Do some research on this, but there is a way to be a real pain to them legally. Like asking that his supervisor be present during the search, etc.

I'd say be aware of you're surroundings and drive normally. I've never had a problem.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:59 PM   #3
LilCivicGirl

Well Yeah but the thing is not about me squeeling my tires its about cop that pulled me over twice in the same parcking lot the same day and the same hour. and when I am tacking off no one is around me. usually its late night when we do staff like that.

Old 11-01-2002, 06:52 PM   #4
ShEaNy

well did u squeel ur tires twice in that same hour? at the same place? cause he can pull u over 5 times in 4 mintues if he wants...lol
Old 11-02-2002, 08:56 PM   #5
Platinum_Civic

For starters I would like to say nice car!
To tell you the truth if you have police in your area pulling you over two times in one day for "BS" (your words) then I wouldn't drive your car anymore. ;- ) Your car, my car, and 75% of the peoples cars that write on this forum stick out from every other car on the road making it simple for cops to target. If you live in an area where police have nothing better to do then pull you over for no reason then I would think twice about doing anything more to your car. My advice to you is to lay off the gas for a little and see how that works. ;-) I did and I haven't been pulled over in 3 weeks. LOL

Old 11-04-2002, 09:41 AM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

they are donig it because of your car, it sticks out like a sore thumb. next time they wana search your car and you know you dont have anything in it, give them shit. ask them why they need to search it and what probobly cause they have. they will leave you alone after a few times. they have to call up and get a k-9 unit to walk around your car and if he dosnt smell anything, then he goes home. if they dont have probable cause, they cant search your car.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:17 PM   #7
guywithastang

I live in a town of around 5000. That makes it easy. I f my brother or I dont feel like stopping we dont. Believe me, a high speed persute is the biggest rush you can get. But I wouldnt try it in a larger city.

You say VTEC, I say V-8
Old 11-04-2002, 07:20 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

is it cause you know the cop? i'd think a small town would be worse for them being able to find you

Old 11-04-2002, 10:34 PM   #9
guywithastang

You would think that. We dont usualy run from the town cops. Just sherrifs and state troopers. The town cops know us and would get us. We took of our front plates too, that helps. My brother even goes as far as to flip the bird at stoplight cameras when he runs red lights.

You say VTEC, I say V-8
Old 11-04-2002, 10:45 PM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

lol.... you guys have too much time on your hands

Old 11-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #11
cutiepy701

I live in a big town (milwaukee) and still get harrased by cops. Cops must night like girls that have nice cars....its not seen too often, ya know

Old 11-05-2002, 05:08 PM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I live in a city with 250,000 275,000 people which about 200,000 are hicks and farmers so it kinda sucks. I drive normally. Don't rev, I have exhaust, and I've NEVER been pulled over for no reason. It's all about how you drive also. Quit revving your engine at lights and squealing out. Then you shouldn't have a problem

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:37 PM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i havnt been pulled over with this car unless i deserved it (96 in a 70) thats the ONLY time ive been pulled over *knock on wood*

Old 11-10-2002, 02:57 AM   #14
Mike98Neon

not to sound like an ass or anything, but when you put all that goofy stuff on your car, you did it for the attention (don't deny we all do it) It just gets you attention from everyone, so deal with it.
If you don't like the attention, then bring your car back to stock.

No offense.

Old 11-10-2002, 07:36 AM   #15
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike98Neon
not to sound like an ass or anything, but when you put all that goofy stuff on your car, you did it for the attention (don't deny we all do it) It just gets you attention from everyone, so deal with it.
If you don't like the attention, then bring your car back to stock.

No offense.

^^ ditto!

Old 11-10-2002, 11:48 AM   #16
firstgeardude

well first off, try to drive non agressively if possible, see how that turns out

and to what was said before about bringing your car back to stock, all this will do is make those redneck cops assume more control over everyone, make them bigger assholes, seein as how they already manipulate the law any way they plaese to......

Old 11-14-2002, 02:48 PM   #17
LilCivicGirl

thanks guys for your words of help, I didn't have chance to answer u b/c my comp was crushed. but the thing is many cars in our town are much better then my. But I found way to stop that cop( that pulled me over twice in the same parking lot.) First it was like this. I stopped on the red light, some mustang pulls up besides me. He takes off at about 7 grand, tire marks on the road and all that fun staff. Cop (same one) sits on another site of the lights. and he pulls me over, gives me a f****n ticket. well I didn't pay it. went back to the lights couple hours later took pic of the tire burnouts from that freaking mustang, and went to court. his tires were much bigger than mine. LIKE I MEAN VERY BIG! showed it all to the judge. I won, cop got suspended. and I filed a harassement charge on that cop. so he is not allowed to pull me over at all. Or he will lose his job.
Thats my story !!!

Old 11-14-2002, 02:56 PM   #18
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

awsome, glad you went through with it. cops shouldnt do things like that

Old 11-14-2002, 03:11 PM   #19
LilCivicGirl

well I am sure he learned his lesson.

Old 11-14-2002, 08:55 PM   #20
firstgeardude

nicely done

Old 11-16-2002, 04:06 PM   #21
R32'nMEM

Yeah, I'm new...but I saw that response and HAD to say something. Who are you to downgrade her for her choice in what to do to HER car. Engine mods can be and are very expensive, so EXCUSE her, me, and/or everyone else in the world that doesn't have $8 grand + to make our rides as fast as the next guy. Contrary to belief, there are such things as...dare I say..."Show Cars" not meant to break the sound barrier. We all have different plans for our vehicles. Some want to have the best appearance in their area, some want to be the fastest, some want the best of both worlds....but we all do it for US. Getting positive feedback and "constructive" criticism are just the bonuses. We get a sense of pride when every time we enter the car, we know the work that was taken to get it to where it is now, and what it will take to get it to where we want it to be. We do do it for attention, because it feels good to be admired for something you created, whether it be at stoplight encounters, group gatherings, or car shows. Sew us. To me, "RICE" is trying to be something your not: Nitrous or other product stickers on the car that is not equipped with the product, Taking on more than you KNOW you can chew and still try to pass your defeat on as a victory. THAT is rice, not bringing your car together the way you and only you imagined it.

Just so you know, I only drive an '89 Olds as a beater and am currently working my ass off for the past year and still have a bit to go just to get the vehicle I want, whether anyone else likes what I'm after is not my concern. And yes, believe me its NOT to keep you happy, I will be upgrading the engine, suspension and interior RIGHT off the bat( many of the parts and electronics scattered on the floor, waiting) just in case I run into the many...and I do mean MANY, people in this city with moderately to pretty quick cars who are cockier than all $hite(sadly to say imports as well as domestics) This is why I'd decided on a '93-'94 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R to be my vehicle of choice.

Old 11-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #22
R32'nMEM

Well, I'm sure she's gonna get picked on by faster cars just based on looks....because what you're thinking is "Well, it looks better than mine, know I can beat it though" What will come to a shock to you is when the turbo/sc does come, and word hasn't gotten around yet. Sure would suck if you were the first person she ran into after months of makin' fun of her for having show with no go.
Only thing I'm sayin' is I wouldn't critisize someone for their route in persuit of thier ultimate vehicle. Some cars just call out for one thing before the other. Perfect example: The "movie", you know which one. Sure, none of those cars lined up along the street, heck, and three out of the four racing were fast...but what got the ooohhhs and aaahhhs while they gathering, the LOOKS of the cars. It was the image of the cars that most of the crowd was into. You want....scratch that....NEED to have some speed, but just as an example....you'd be more inclined to dress up the cosmetic aspect of a Civic first, and you'd be more inclined to start getting more horses out of, say a Supra. Why??? Because it wouldn't cost as much to get the Toyota running much quicker than it would for the Honda to match where the 'soup is. Another reason...exclusivity. If your Honda was stock in appearance but was throwing down 300 horses to the pavement, who would notice?(Don't get me wrong-the helpless sleeper gig is GREAT), but if you were driving an outrageously done Honda...just think of how much more attention you get....not to mention the abilty to rack up a few Best of Shows at the local comps. People will KNOW that is you in that car besides trying to remember if that licence plate number is the same as "the stock lookin' one with outlandish power".
I don't know, but if I were to get that type of car, I can say I'd worry about awesome look before awesome performance.
But start out with 280 horses with a potential of 800 before fortifying the block internals...I'm obviously going for performance.

I think it depends on the plan for the vehicle as well as cost factors for each aspect of the project at hand.

Old 11-16-2002, 07:21 PM   #23
LilCivicGirl

Hey ass my car runs very low 16's, close to high 15. and if u have problem with that u can kiss my ass.
And its Up to me. What my car will look like. I've done more to my car than u can imagine. Cold air, intake, plus I run RSX in the quorter mile, and we were going door to door. So don't tell me bull shit about look of my car, or how fast it can go. YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO RACE, AND IF U DON'T IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTERS, U CAN HAVE BEST CAR AND SOMEONE WILL HAND IT TO U AT THE FIRST RED LIGHTS.

Old 11-16-2002, 07:27 PM   #24
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCivicGirl
Hey ass my car runs very low 16's, close to high 15. and if u have problem with that u can kiss my ass.
And its Up to me. What my car will look like. I've done more to my car than u can imagine. Cold air, intake, plus I run RSX in the quorter mile, and we were going door to door. So don't tell me bull shit about look of my car, or how fast it can go. YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO RACE, AND IF U DON'T IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTERS, U CAN HAVE BEST CAR AND SOMEONE WILL HAND IT TO U AT THE FIRST RED LIGHTS.

i can run 16 1/4 mile does that make me cool?

Old 11-16-2002, 08:08 PM   #25
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by mem00phis
hah 16's with work done!?!....my civic that id never touch the outside which all together probally cost me about 3k less than yours STOCK! runs 15.512........and thats my daily driver....you keep up with an rsx?! yeah way to go go karts keep up with those what am i supposed to be impressed you keep up with a car that has a fast sounding name!?....stupid girl keep that pos parked and have you even been to a track? and dont talk to me about "its the driver" with the exception of a manual and this is only in the big hp real wheel dr cars it doesnt matter once your going in a manual fwd slow civic it doesnt matter and the driver only varies with in a tenth of a second

BTW yeah i couldnt imagine you'd put a cold air intake on your car whoa! im shocked and scared! oh no!!..........go back to the ****ing barbie dolls biatch

bro way to show how much of an a$$hole you are right of the bat. The RSX is a much nicer car then your civic si, dont even start dissin the RSX.

People who start dissin people like you just did, have a small cock complex. Lets try not to be so harsh with the girl....

Old 11-16-2002, 09:22 PM   #26
R32'nMEM

Huh, yeah 1st and 2nd on the strip CAN come down to a 10th buddy. Driver error can count for alot. So I guess you wouldn't be impressed if a Civic beat an NSX...just because it has a fast name...oh wait, that IS happening.N/M

But seriously, it is ok that you don't want to spice the outside of your civic. The car does reflect the owner.

Nothing much.

Yeah, I'd say I know a more about cars than the looks....especially quite a bit of knowledge on one certain import that isn't native to the US and has quite a few 1300+ horsepower brothers roaming around in Japan.....

Old 11-17-2002, 07:00 AM   #27
R32'nMEM

Yeah, figured you'd probablly knocked off a few of them "slow" 6's

The main key in the previous post was the fact that I said ROAMING. These are everyday drivers made for ROAD RACING that are being injected with these numbers, not the US's version...stay pinned up in the garage except for testing every thursday and maybe come out to race every other weekend.
Of course you're speaking (at least it sounds that way) that we have an extreme amount of people just going to work every driving thier 3000 hp drag monster...I've YET to see this, and doubt VERY seriously anyone would. And whats worse is the fact that these 'Lines can be driven to the meet where they run the race of thier life and then drive home....not be trailored to the races, do its runs, and get put back on the trailer to go home. Given also the fact that they are using the SAME 2.6L engine when they are doing this....okay, some of them just "make" thier own RBX-GT2 powerplant out of the RB26. They ARE awsome pieces of machinery, not denying that....hell, I WENT to the NHRA's at Memphis Motorsports a few months back. I just think its all the more impressive when you've got something with THAT much horse/torque and STILL have the ability to corner on the level of 911's.

If I can find the video of the guy in a Skyline that floors it to about 120 kph, says "this is the fun part",then yanks the steering wheel to one side. Car swings the @ss end out does a little juke, and is straght within seconds.

Try that in a Charger or Malibu and see how many donuts you're doing.

Old 11-17-2002, 12:44 PM   #28
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

ok guys...blah blah blah...enough here....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:00 AM   #29
LilCivicGirl

NO ONE TALKS ABOUT BEING COOL. BUT WHEN GUY STARTS TALKING ABOUT CAR THAT HE BOUGHT TO COVER FOR HIS D***K JUST MAKES ME MAD. AND MOST OF THE GUYS CAN'T TAKE THAT A GIRL CAN ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT CARS, DRIVE A BETTER CAR, OR BIT THEM IN THE RACE. i STARTED THIS NOT TO FIGHT WITH SOME MORONS ABOUT MY CAR. RSX IS MUCH BETTER THEN UR civic si. MAY BE U SHOULD GET TO KNOW ME FIRST BEFORE U TELL ME ABOUT TRACK AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:28 AM   #30
LilCivicGirl

this is personally to (mem00phis) where did u get that name? of the movie????????
why don't u put picture of ur 2000 si civic on here? or what besides ur words u have nothing? u should try to back up things u say! I am not scrared to show my car. And I do admit that there is faster cars then my. But i still try, and it works. U should try to show ur car first and let everybody deside what u have. b/c I bet i have more than u do, and I can prove it. Can u????????
Ur car is 2000 si, well guy that drives 2002 civic si, was surprized when i handed it to him. sure i can do it to u!
So bring it on! I make u an offer. GET PICTURE OF UR CAR ON HERE AND ACTUALLY TELL WHAT U HAVE IN THERE, THAN WE CAN ASK SOME OTHER PEOPLE TO DECIDE, WE CAN EVEN START A NEW POST JUST TO PROVE U WRONG. DON'T BE A SCARED LITTLE GIRL, GET UR PIC.
and to everybody else. Guys I just want to prove him that girls can do much more than play with dolls, honestly going to every cruse night and to every track , tought me couple good things.

Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 PM   #31
R32'nMEM

Hey, LilCivicGirl. I know more than my share of people, most of them friends that pretty much think a girls place should be in the passenger's side of the car. I truly disagree, basically because I think its great for the sport....whether it be street racing or track or car shows. It goes to show that cars isn't JUST a guys world, and there are many girls around here willing to show guys up if they get ragged on too much. ESPECIALLY in the shop, there are a couple of girls that know more about thier car's mechanical makeup than I swear the people at Honda and Dodge(not an import, but the Neon's has the same idea...small engine modded to make great power) I'll be the first to take advice on a setup from a girl.

But just don't lose that want you have to gain knowledge and continue to make your car what you want it to become. Keep going to the tracks and keep going to gatherings for street races. I've learned ALOT at these gettogethers around town, and seeing what people are having troubles with...front wheel AND rear wheel...which lead me to go after an all-wheel drive car. Alot can be learned just by observing peoples setups and seing what has been done cosmetically. Sometimes you can use those ideas and just put your own theme or twist into it. Don't let guys with insecurity problems bring you down. They just can't handle the fact that there are girls out there with faster and better cars....don't smack talk, just let their last vision of you be your taillights

Chris

Old 11-18-2002, 01:40 PM   #32
LilCivicGirl

Thanks for ur words. I don't let stuff like this get to me, but I can't stand when guys think they are all cool shit.
But I will do my best, to prove them wrong, especially if I have chance against them on the road.
Thanks again I appretiate ur words.

Old 11-18-2002, 10:22 PM   #33
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

mem00phis.. chill out with your coments. you know theres more than jsut 1/4 that determins how a car performs? ever herd of a road course? the NSX rwd mid engine handles awsome

Old 11-18-2002, 10:57 PM   #34
R32'nMEM

Nah, mem00phis here only lives his life quarter mile at a time. Road courses, phif, those are for wusses. Tell me....which would you rather have to drive to work every day?.., a car that looks old, has a gigantic blower and headers sticking out of the hood, an exhaust rumble and engine roar so great you can't hear your stereo....oh yeah, you HAVE no stereo...or passenger seat for that matter, runs on alcohol, and that you have to go 5 mph around every corner to avoind spinning out......or a car that looks good, goes fast, and can take 90 degree turns at 50 without blinking.

THE STATEMENTS ABOVE REFLECT THE VIEWS OF mem00phis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second car.

THE STATEMENT ABOVE REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF R32'nMEMphis

Old 11-19-2002, 07:52 AM   #35
LilCivicGirl

Realy u stood there and watched me race with 2002 si??????????
Wow should of say hi to me than!
I would be so surprized.
Why u defend u car so bad????? Good for u that u prove ur point on the road every day to the girls. I am happy for u!
Well as for ur car that runs 13.4 congratulations. I am sure u will say something mean, like u always do! But hey there is an asshole in every city or web site. Why were u so upset about racers in ur first post on here? if u have nice car, and obviouisly not for every day driving.
Can I ask u one question ? how old are u???? don't get all upset just tell me. U know talking about fixing cars, I probably don't know as much as u do, but having brother thats master mechanic, having Performance Shop ( with guarantee instalation)
probably didn't teach me anything !!!!!!!!!!!! u are right!
hope u will actually stop being such a but head and may be talk normal like other people do.

Old 11-19-2002, 09:39 AM   #36
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Being fast is relative to a specific car or person.. When you've been in a 10 sec car, 14s seems slow as hell. And then again, when I got a ride in a 14s Accord, it felt fast..

So good for you if 14s is the mark between slow and fast, considering you have an SI.. But it might no be the same for her.

Listen.. Who are you to tell her what she can and cannot say?!
I think she can say what she wants, as long as she attacking anyone.. Wouldnt you agree with me?? And I'm pretty sure theres no rule about people not being allowed to be cocky (not that you are LilCivicGirl!! )..

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 11-19-2002, 12:09 PM   #37
R32'nMEM

Does a 12.6 in the 1/4 from a detuned '93 R32 GT-R count as fast??? , or 12.9's from the bricklike R33 & 34's...huh??

Fact of the matter is, he believes that imports should just stay outta the way of "real" cars. Yeah, I noticed you changed the car from the 'vic to your 'vette. Just a word of advice, PLEASE(for your prides sake) don't underestimate those little guys....or girls(right LilCivicGirl )....I've seen alotta domestics get creamed. Them thinking just because of bigger displacement, they AUTOMATICALLY win....and when they don't, it's embarrassing. Hell, one guy's name....what's it-Mitchell Davidson-is smeared all over the internet because he took a challenge. His C5 vs. a poor, little Civic. I don't know how many boards have threads on that and it only makes it worse when not only the town and race community is laughing, but people you have never met feeling sorry for you. Poor guy even is thinking of a Viper now...and you KNOW they are getting absolutely killed by these Supras coming up. Yes, those LT1 plants are NOTHING to laugh about, I had a Sonoma and actually wanted to do the change...but then MT came with Lingenfelter's AWD sonoma...and well-kinda burst my hopes. I just feel for ya' when you get yours "handed to you", by a seemingly, nonworthy-of- your- time import.

It's a freakin' forum...don't downtalk anyone just because of thier taste in cars and upgrade preference.

Old 11-19-2002, 09:58 PM   #38
R32'nMEM

Quote:
Originally posted by m0e0m0p0h0i0s
see but base motor with out any mods that civic wouldnt hold shit to a c5 you can make a go kart beat a stock c5 no shock there .........it does get annoying whenever soem kid puts a few mods of his small motored import suddenly now he thinks he can hang with the big boys and "shock" everyone by winning usually wrong sometimes right

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Displacements of economy based imports can't touch the potential of America's V8 engines...simple fact of life. And I'll agree with you more than anyone else(especially with all the flaming thats gone on...)that it IS annoying as hell when you see someone with the basic bolt ons and still being undermatched to some of the 'Stangs, Camaros,and others to STILL try to race them. This is what I would define as a "Ricer". The main point I was trying to make was that she wasn't challenging the U.S.' big boys. So don't define her as a ricer.

Sure thing, once mine comes in, I'll have just about as much fun a time racing fellow imports(mine "should" be more along the line of the many Porches, Supras, RX-7's, and 300ZX's roaming around) and domestics. And to tell you the truth, the Skyline gets more respect from the domestic owners I talk to rather than the import crowd...Number one reason, they do admire the times the 'Line runs through the quarter despite being created as the "most exhillarating driving experience man can experience....next to the F1(Mclaren) or F1 indys"

I know it's annoying, but try ignoring them....most of the time it works. For the other guys that try,invite 'em to the track to show them there are bigger guns in town, and some of them may realize there is more to the sport then intake and exhaust when it comes to challenging a more talented advesary.......or just wax 'em at the line if they get on your nerves.

Just don't try to build yourself up against someone who took a different route to the growth and production of thier car.

No offense to anything I might have said based on car talk, I just had to say something when it regarded sexist comments.

Old 11-20-2002, 12:16 AM   #39
ShEaNy

k i didnt read half way through page 2 till start of 4..but how did this subject of cops over use there power....change...to.. whats a better car: Jap OR AMerican....:o
Old 11-20-2002, 12:34 AM   #40
ShEaNy

ok now that i did.. i can see what the problem is.....memphis first off y do u care what the hell civic does to her car....ur on a website bitching at some person who put graphics on her car and a wing....WOW....meanwhile this goes way off topic basically because of u being an idiot....i hope someone closes this thread soon....im sick of these arguements....but the way im so proud u have a big tough Lt1...that crushes these lil civics...who woulda though 300+ can beat 120+...dont worry about the "ricers" out there buddy and pick on someone who will give u a challange IF thats what ur so damn worried about here....im glad ur king shit with ur car.....im done...i hope i contributed to getting this thread closed cause it should be...
Closed Thread