.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2002, 11:04 AM   #1
1stCvcVtchBaby02

Dealerships: Maybe You Gals Can Understand

I have had a very bad last two days. I took my car down to the Honda dealership yesterday for the scratches that were in the car when i bought them, there were only 2 and they were supposed to fix them....and they promised me they would come out. They were also supposed to get this stuff off the bottom of the back window that is some type of film which is hard to reach and i dont know what i can do to get it off...well, they had the car all day. i got there at 4 stood there til after 530 and they kept telling me they were bringin the car like 10 times and didnt bring it for almost 45 minutes....well, then none of the scratches were fixed and now there are new ones on top of it that have not been there since I have had the car. i just started balling my eyes out..... I mean this is my first big purchase and this is what I have always wanted and worked my ass off for so hopefully you guys can understand why i got so upset. All they kept telling me was to enjoy my car and that its just a scratch. All cars have them. Bullshit!! Brand new cars do not have scratches. I understand that yea they get them but not caused by the dealership, its not acceptable and it being brand new ya know.
I had to go get the customer service rep cuz they were dicking me around and most of the service people treated me like shit and get this they have some sort of award from the President for customer service, which they do not deserve. it was a real shitty day but i guess monday thru thurs they are goin to wet sand the car and i guess do it right and if they dont then we will move on from there but i was so upset and i just wanted to kill someone. there asst manager treated me like i was ignorant. just because im female and 19 doesnt mean i dont know shit about cars. :rant:
my 2 of my old friends are autobody men, i know what needs to be done in order to take out scratches and fix the car ya know.....so we will see....they are giving me a rental car for free and a free oil change my first time i need to change it...plus on top of that my grandpa passed away and his funeral is tomorrow and its just been rough but i guess i just have to be patient and wait.....well, thanks for letting me vent.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:58 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

wow, you really got it rough. it's gonna be fine.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

Wow...I've never had that sorta problem with my Honda service guys. They're all really awesome. I actually feel bad for the guy that I normally deal with. Everytime I go in, I have no clue what is actually up with my car. So, I always feel like a stupid girl....Don't sweat though maybe it was their "time of the month" there or something.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:03 PM   #4
1stCvcVtchBaby02

well, i have to take it in monday so we will see what happens but i am writing a letter..thanks guys for your input!
Old 09-28-2002, 07:20 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

let us know... dont take any shit from them.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:44 PM   #6
1stCvcVtchBaby02

thanks ... i just cant believe the way i was treated and hopefully everything will be fixed right.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:04 PM   #7
mylittlecivic

I havent had a problem with the dealerships, but my sisters stupid dog keeps putting scratches on my car!! I just want to kick the stupid thing but its too cute

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:22 PM   #8
1stCvcVtchBaby02

oh i see...well, ur car looks tight... i like it....hope the dog stops scratching ur car up!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:28 AM   #9
Ticket2ride21

Im sorry things are going so bad for you. I feel ya knockin. I've only had one bad experience with my car. I used to own a 1997 Toyota Supra Limited edition (nice ass car) and my ex (who i almost killed for this) shut her garage door on it...and put a dent in it....( i almost cryed! ahhhh)...and when I took it to the body shop to get it pulled, they told me to come back tomorrow. When I came back...there were three major problems here...

#1. I had less than a half a tank of gas and I had a full one when I dropped it off! This means they drove my car! and i dont mean down the street!

#2. The Dent wasn't even touched...wasn't pulled...probobly wasn't even looked at...

and #.3 They wanted me to pay $150.

I bitched and moaned about it and they gave me the runnaround so i just said...i'll just be back tomorrow.....WITH MY ATTORNY! yep...they fixed it for free and even offered to give my engine a tune up (which i declined...seeing as how i wanted them to touch my car as little as possible) so you've gotta watch those freaks! People...take note of your odometer when you take your car somewhere! No joke!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:40 AM   #10
1stCvcVtchBaby02

Yea i know how that is. Sorry about ur incident. Mine is basically fixed except for two scratches so its k. but man im sorry about ur car. I love supras. i also have watched my odometer so I know. well, thanks for the input.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:04 PM   #11
armyguy5
3rd Gear

scratches

Hey well yea scracthes suck ass. 3 days after i got my 2002 civic EX some dick rub me in a parking lot while i was in a store and drove off. the other day i took my car to the car wash and it put a scratch and they wont pay for it. same qtr panel to. stupd mother *****. So now i gotta find a body shop to paint it

chris
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 07:45 PM   #12
mt.biker

Something to solve all your problems, its called GS-27 scratch remover! The stuff works, I use it all the time, well not all the time but once and a while.

About Honda, they rock service wise! Everytime I bring my RL buy for service I get a 1.7EL loner car and the car is ALWAY ready the next morning for me Not tometion when my badge was stolen they brought out the head mechanic to clean it up and just charged me the cost of the badge and no labour. (long story abuot badge) If this one sucks go somewhere else, they can't turn you away. Personally I wouldn't be that pissed off about a scratch, but seeing how its your first big purchase I can understand.

I am often on the receiving end of your crying and what not as people bring bikes by work worth as much as your car around my shop and when they get them back they think we scratched it. If i had scratched it they would get free tuneups for life and I would tell them, but i dont scratch bikes. Remember people have off days, even weeks.

Whats up with people needing to sue someone before they get action on an problem. IF someone did that to my car (re supra) I would have a conversation with them, a heated one but at no time would i threaten to sue them. I'm wondering if you (americans) need to be so quick to bring laywers into things?
Old 10-24-2002, 12:34 AM   #13
1stCvcVtchBaby02

first off....i think u are out of line. i went through alot with my car and i had a conversation but i never threatened them
Old 10-24-2002, 07:38 AM   #14
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stCvcVtchBaby02
first off....i think u are out of line. i went through alot with my car and i had a conversation but i never threatened them

i was talking abuot Ticket2ride21
Old 10-24-2002, 07:43 AM   #15
Ticket2ride21

First off guys...I wouldnt have been so pissed if it was my honda. But this is a supra we're talking about here. You could buy two honda's with one supra...at least! Notice I said "they gave me the runnaround". If you would like me to elaborate....

After inspecting my car to find all that was wrong with it, I went to the service desk and (calmly) told the lady what was wrong. She told me that it had been repaired and had NOT been driven at all...and said (and i quote) "we are not like that...you just can't drive someone else's car around" and I told her I agree about the not being suposed to driving someone's car but IT WAS DRIVIEN! And the dent, It had not even been touched! So, she told me there was nothing she could do and handed me my bill. I asked to speak to her manager. 10 Min. later the "ASSISTANT MANAGER" came up to me and was just like "WHATS YOUR PROBLEM?" Sorry people...but when you do what they did to my car...and then tell me there is nothing you can do about it...you dont come up to me and first off say "whats your problem?"...you dont! So I immediately asked to speak to the MANAGER as I instructed the first time. NOT THE ASSISTANT MANAGER! So when the manager comes out im being very calm..not screaming and he's telling me that he will fix the dent but it was going to cost me even more this time! WTF? I began engaging in a very "heated" conversation (mt biker) with him and he told me that there was nothing I could do...to show back up in the morning and he would give me my bill! That's when I threatened to return with my attorny. I wasn't like "yea...im gonna sue you man!". Im not a teenager with an lawyer who has a happy go lucky vengance. But on the other hand, If you gonna #*@* me in the a$$ you had better at least use some lubricant! I was getting screwed majorly here! So yes....I did threaten to bring my attorny into this. Just for a thought....just because someone brings an attorny into a situation doesn't mean they are going to sue the pants off of someone. Maybe they are just trying to get it right they way it should be. I wasn't trying to make a ton of money. I just wanted my damn car fixed. I was even willing to let go of the fact that they had driven the shit out of my car! I just wanted to get it fixed and drive home and never go back the the place. I had talked to everyone in charge and even the head of the dealership and they still gave me the "runaround" so yes....I engaged in every option I could think of before I even mentioned my attorny.

~David
Old 10-24-2002, 07:47 AM   #16
mt.biker

ma bad
Old 10-24-2002, 10:13 AM   #17
1stCvcVtchBaby02

i understand. trust me i do. you pay for something that is yours and you cherish you are going to be mad ya know.....i love supras and hondas and i believe the customer deserves to be treated with respect. Treat others the way you want to be treated and that is with respect and dignity!
Old 10-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #18
Ticket2ride21

It's alright Biker...your still tha man!

Im more like this

Hey...I work retail. It's one thing to respect your customers but when they get rude...that little rule "treat others as you would like to be treated" goes right out the door. It turns into "treat others as they treat you". I was nice at first to those people though...even though i wanted to remove their arms with a butter knife!

~David
Old 10-24-2002, 03:50 PM   #19
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Ticket2ride21

Hey...I work retail. It's one thing to respect your customers but when they get rude...that little rule "treat others as you would like to be treated" goes right out the door. It turns into "treat others as they treat you". I was nice at first to those people though...even though i wanted to remove their arms with a butter knife!

~David

I too work retail...and it is SOOOOOO hard not to be mean back to those @sshole customers. I tend to walk away from them and then go ***** about them in our breakroom....at least then I don't get fired. A few have seen my attitude though

But what pisses most of the jerk customers off is when you pretend like they aren't getting to you and kill them with kindness. Just be all "sugary" to them and they hate it and will walk away then. WOO HOO victory!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 03:57 PM   #20
1stCvcVtchBaby02

you guys are funny!
Old 10-26-2002, 12:23 AM   #21
Erica_02civicCPE

:( Awww hun I'm sorry. 1stCvcVtchBaby02 I know how you feel about the service stuff. I previously had a 2000 Honda Accord SE and they tried to send me home with my parents & I home with a brand new car, along with a scratch that was a foot long and another one as well. The nerrveeee

But I did just get a new 2002 Honda Civic LX Coupe and the service was great where we went so I'm satisfied. I'm sorry you had to go threw all that hassel. I sometimes just dread going to the dealership because of the Dealers there sometimes who aren't particularly nice lol. I just recently too found out not long ago that my new Civic, which I got 3 weeks ago, has a blue scratch right on my gas tank lid that opens. I was washing my car real good when I saw that, and not to mention, some other badly painted spots on my new car.

It makes me mad how they say they're going to clean your car all up and fix it right before you take it home for the first time. Yet you get in it or look around and start to really see how bad of a job they did. Right when I took mine home, they "cleaned it up good" (hah) and then when I got in the car, I found spots of oil or grease from the mechanics shoes. You'd think they'd atleast put those paper or plastic covers on to protect the d*** car you know? GRRRRR Anyways...lol. Good look with the car hun and don't let them discourage you or leave you unsatisfied. After all, you did do them a favor by buying that car from them
Old 10-26-2002, 02:18 AM   #22
1stCvcVtchBaby02

thanks...im glad someone understands my pain
Old 11-09-2002, 04:14 PM   #23
RSX-S girl

Wow... some Honda dealerships really suck. If they told you they would take out the scratches... make them take them out. Take your car to a detailer and have them buff them out and put a clear coat wax on it... Then bring the bill to the dealership and have them reimburse you... That's really messed up.